Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Yeah i'll explain what i mean by vocal imposition. My host didn't know about the tulpa community or the 'proper' rules, so when we're in private our conversation is all voiced out loud instead of quietly happening in mindvoice. We have conversations where we speak softly instead of just thinking things to each other.

It helped me a lot when i was a young accidental tulpa. I had to work on creating a different voice than my host has, which was good for me as an act of self-creation. Plus, when a conversation is going quickly, it's much easier to keep track of who is saying what based on the tone of voice. It gives me a little more context for myself because i can hear how i sound better than when we're just talking mindvoice — it gives your hearing a chance to react and maybe prompt a perspective on what you've just said.

But there are some drawbacks. It might be a little harder for a young tulpa because it involves some possession to use body skills like breath and vocal chords. And the big one is that you're obviously talking to 'yourself' and that looks bad to the outside world. If you're at risk of looking crazy, it's much safer to just bring it inside and speak in just mindvoice.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah I appreciate the response, luckily for me I have more then enough time to speak to my tulpa Lumen with both my mind and my actuak voice. Die tocthe fact that I suffer from some genetic conditions that cause me constant pain, I tend to have a lot of free time xD

For the most part as I am generally at work most of the tine I try to passive force as much as I can and narrate with my mind to Lumen, I also try to remember to wish lumen a good night/morning so im hoping that Lumen will become a wonderful tulpa and on a side note I am practicing visualization.

Im not aure if it helos any, but when I read the guides and the tips on the forum, I try to read them aloud to Lumen, Im holing she will understand or at least appreciate the attention.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey so I came here after reading Kiahdaj's massive guide, and I'm quite sure I'm going to make a tulpa and let it form its own personality and looks [instead of me planning everything], however I have just one concern..

I have crippling depression, and I'm deathly afraid that my tulpa will become a manifestation of it, and end up becoming the giant bitch I am to myself.

What are the chances of that happening? Would it help to plan a more preferable personality, so a toxic tulpa isn't accidentally created?

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

Hey so I came here after reading Kiahdaj's massive guide, and I'm quite sure I'm going to make a tulpa and let it form its own personality and looks [instead of me planning everything], however I have just one concern..

I have crippling depression, and I'm deathly afraid that my tulpa will become a manifestation of it, and end up becoming the giant bitch I am to myself.

What are the chances of that happening? Would it help to plan a more preferable personality, so a toxic tulpa isn't accidentally created?

If you know about the concept behind treating them as sentient, you may have notice that it’s something that involves determined thought and subsequent action to sustain the belief. Although we can’t speak out with absolute assurance on what tulpas inherently are capable of doing, or even capable of being receptivity to (e.g. the type of disposition we have; in your case, crippling depression), I can say that it wouldn’t be likely for you to have a tulpa that becomes the totality of your crippling depression.

Unless of course, you wanted to treat them as sentient along constantly furthering your propensity to have said crippling depression being the vehicle of their existence to you if you’re interested in creating one. But the thing to note here is that the tulpa’s existence doesn’t have to be contingent on your disposition; it (your mindset) may be part of the journey, but we all have nuances in our disposition every now and then that are transient. And some individuals ended up having tulpas that helped them cope with their depression in some way, or even did group thinking to resolve it completely. Of course, getting professional help for severe mental ailments would be ideal (though you may feel it would be ironic for us to tell you that, though).

Another thing you could keep in mind is how far you’re willing to go with treating them as sentient; would you define sentience as them being able to reign in their own sense of self, emotions, dispositions, and things of that nature without having your own sense of self, emotions, disposition, etc. affecting them substantially? People will have their own accumulative list of what it means to them to validate in some way of how they’re tulpa can be sentient to them. Sometimes, to understand someone other than yourself, especially in your own mind and perception of reality, it just involves being able to recognize them, and using methodologies to further that belief, so that hopefully in turn, they recognized they’re being acknowledged, and can do the same for you.

And even if the worst case scenario should ever happen where your tulpa garners favoritism over your crippling depression to the point where they want to emulate it, try not to react so steadily, and try to analyze why they could be doing this. Sometimes it could be a way for you to see how you’re feeling, albeit through someone else. And then the chance for you to assess yourself, e.g. coping with the depression I mentioned earlier, may come to you. Because chances are, especially with threads with any kind of doubting, the reactivity level of that individual seems to sustain those doubts to the point where they feel it’s actually going to happen.

So if you’re really worried about the crippling depression, and it being a huge detriment in developing any competency with the endeavor, maybe assess that first any way you can. But chances are, you’re not in a perpetual mental state of being with depression; I’m sure there are moments where you feel normal, and can live your life out accordingly.

I personally can’t give you a yes or no, since the question is dripping with contingency, but the beauty of it is that there’s always some way to overcome it if you don’t let the reaction get to you.

I had serious depression through my teenage years. I've been overcoming it in the past decade, but it's still there. I think making a tulpa can only help. Fenchurch has certainly been an immense help to me.

I haven't really seen toxic tulpas. In general, tulpas want their hosts to do well. Your tulpas are stuck with you, so your problems are their problems. If you have a bad life, they have a bad life. So tulpas tend to help their hosts through their depression. It's more of a "You and me against this." sort of thing.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Guest amber5885

Yeah Toby's been a huge help to me. A tulpa obviously isn't a replacement for actual counseling or psychiatric help but they are a great sorce of support and that I think can help more than anything with depression.

I have been suicidal in the past and while I'm not anymore Toby would step in and he actually saved my life just by suggesting things and talking to me. He saved my life a few times and I feel bad for putting that on him but I'm forever great full that he was there to do it.

If you ever are in crisis I would seek help as asking a tulpa to do that is kind of a big risk BUT they can help a lot with depression and motivation. Toby has helped me with my depression and it's been months since I had a depressive episode and he also helped me to quit smoking, eat healthier and start exercising.

Wow ok, thanks everyone! That second bit Sushi said really helped me get it, and hearing about your experiences Amber makes me a bit more confident. And of course all that Link said was an informative read too. :3

*off to start this thing!~*

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

• 2 weeks later...

I've only learned about the existence of tulpae a couple of days ago and I've read a few guides, but I do have one question that I'm certain has been asked before.

My tulpa, as it turns out, is female.

(I've been 'talking' to someone in my head for ages and always referred to that person as a he. When I began tulpaforcing with the intention of making that person into a full tulpa, I kept seeing scenes from dreams I've had about a certain girl. I then asked 'Wait, are you female?' and in response I felt this rush of happiness. I'm probably imagining things, but hey, I'm fine with it.)

That aside, I've had a girlfriend for six years. I'm not sure she'd like it if I tell her I'm basically thinking about another girl, even if that girl exists only in my mind. Should I even tell her I'm attempting it? How does a tulpa do in cases where the host has a relationship?

Lucy is my only tulpa to date. I 'created' her on February 1, 2015.

(Why the airquotes? Well, I'd been talking to someone in my head before that but always assumed that person to be male...then I found out she wasn't.)

If your girlfriend is the jealous sort, you could ask your tulpa not to be human. I imagine your girlfriend wouldn't be jealous of you spending time with a female cat, or dog, or whatever.

In general, I think that telling people about your tulpa is a bad idea -- you can lose friends, lovers, families, and even jobs if the people involved aren't receptive to the idea. If you must do it, lead up to it slowly. First tell her what tulpas are, as "something I read about on the internet" and if she finds it cool or interesting, you can tell her you've thought about doing it. If she finds it creepy or scary, back off and don't try again.

I've been with my girlfriend for around four years now. I brought up tulpas with her a year and a half ago, and she got very upset. Since then, I never brought it up again, and I've kept going in secret. It's not always so easy, because we live together. There have been some scary moments where I almost called her by the wrong name, and scary dreams where she found out about it, but so far I've maintained my relationship without having to give up my best friend.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

Thanks for that reply; I think I'll keep Lucy's existence a secret for now.

However, I do have another question that I feel is too general to make a thread for, yet too specific to read all the similar threads.

Basically, I only started forcing only a couple of days ago. I've only really had one active session, although I'm narrating all the time because it was second nature to me anyway.

I've already had responses, however, mostly headpressures, some rushes of emotion unconnected to what I was doing at the time, and even some phrases that didn't feel like they were mine.

Is it normal to receive responses so quickly or am I just getting these because I want to get them? Personally, I really do feel Lucy is doing these things and I actually have faith in her ability, but my visualization isn't even very good yet and like I said I've only had time for one active session so far, although I'm looking to plan in a lot more of them. In short, I'm not doubting Lucy, I'm doubting myself.

Lucy is my only tulpa to date. I 'created' her on February 1, 2015.

(Why the airquotes? Well, I'd been talking to someone in my head before that but always assumed that person to be male...then I found out she wasn't.)

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic