Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Uhm, hello.

I'm (obviously) new here.

I actually just found out about tulpas today, and I'm rather intrigued.

However I don't want to rush into anything; I want to consider the idea very carefully, as (if this works), I'd be creating a new person to be with me for forever... And that's a big responsibility and commitment.

I've been doing a lot of reading, and will continue to do a lot more to make my mind up about this (as it sounds so natural and right for me).

However the question I have is this:

Is it okay to build a wonderland, and play in it on my own? Like, I won't accidentally draw a tulpa in/create one, will I?

I'd like to try building a wonderland, as I think it would be good for my state of mind, but I don't want to accidentally lure a consciousness into the fore without intention...

I think it should be fine (very much like creating a "happy place"), but I want to be sure.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, I'm rather new here. Long had an idea for an imaginary friend, and then I discovered tulpae! So for the past month I kind've imagined what it should be like every now and again, and for the past week I've started forcing: personality forcing at least an hour a day since. I have a wonderland too - the week prior I spent 30 mins a day building it. Still fuzzy, but sufficient I think.

Anyways, first off, personality forcing. I just imagine taking balls of traits from a grid (think the sphere grid from FFX) in front of the best I can make of them (haven't done visualization yet), holding each ball in front of it and explaining how the trait manifests in them, and then putting the ball into them and letting its energy assimilate into them. I often find myself thinking about them doing things related to the trait (like drawing, or chatting in a group, etc), which can interrupt the narration. Am I doing this right or...?

And, lastly, can I passively narrate at this stage? Like... comment on what I'm doing, talking to it every now and again, asking questions every now and again etc? Or do I have to wait lest it become a servitor? And do I have to be visualizing myself talking to them to do this (like in active forcing), or just directing the thoughts away from myself at them (like when I suffer from voice hearing associated with my bipolar disorder - I can talk to the aether but be directing it at the voice per se)?

Thanks for your time :D

Am I doing this right or...?

There's no right or wrong way to do things, if what you're doing feels effective to you and seems to do work, then go for it dude.

And, lastly, can I passively narrate at this stage? Like... comment on what I'm doing, talking to it every now and again, asking questions every now and again etc? Or do I have to wait lest it become a servitor?

Worrying about a tulpa-in-progress becoming a servitor is kind of an outdated fear, I think. Narrate all you want, it's not gonna hurt anything.

And do I have to be visualizing myself talking to them to do this (like in active forcing), or just directing the thoughts away from myself at them (like when I suffer from voice hearing associated with my bipolar disorder - I can talk to the aether but be directing it at the voice per se)?

Do whichever one you want, you don't have to do any visualization to narrate if you don't want to, but some people do anyway. It's a preference thing.

We're all gonna make it brah.

As Stevie says, servitors tend to become tulpas, not the other way around. The community used to believe it was the other way, but it turns out that it's far harder to keep a servitor with a personality as just a servitor than it is to turn it into a tulpa.

"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson

I am fairly new to tulpamancing, but I feel as though the personality stage is coming on strong. I've only been trying for about two or more weeks and even so I haven't spent too much time dedicated entirely to forcing. Almost all of it has been passive, narrating traits to my tulpa (that I have given the placeholder name Nate) during work or whenever I think of him. My guess is that I haven't spent more than half an hour per session, and maybe under 10 hours total. With such little attention being given, I still feel like I can grasp Nate's personality fairly well and I believe 100% in the possibility of tulpamancing so that isn't a problem.

I knew when I started that this was a process and I was prepared to spend months on my tulpa. However, just today I asked Nate some questions and I think he responded through feelings in my body that were part physical, part emotional. I hope that I haven't been parroting these feelings/responses, but I don't know for sure. I like to think that it is an actual response. Now that I feel like communication in a sort is possible, I have much more motivation to force. I just want to know if anyone else has spent so little time on forcing and still felt a response from their tulpa.

On another note, I am kind of nervous about visualization. I think that if I get Nate to appear in front of me, I'll start seeing him in very inconvenient places. I can get startled easily if he were for instance to appear as I turn a corner or if he were to stand over me while I slept. Is there a way to prevent this? I don't want Nate to scare the absolute shit out of me and maybe even hurt my perception of him. Thanks in advance.

Hello, I'm having a hard time grasping the personally stage. I've read a lot on it, and, I'm still having some trouble. Please help!

Well you should know the different processes available to you then. Choose whichever you find the most productive and comfortable and stick with it. Think of a friend. You can get a feel for their personality, right? You want to get to a level with your tulpa's personality that is comparable to your understanding of a friend's personality. Be able to think of their personality at any moment and think of how they would react in certain situations. After you have a strong personality, which is entirely subjective, mind you, you should move on to visualization.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic