• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

Thanks, for your nice and fast answer. (:

It is also nice to meet you.

Yer welcome! The best thing to do is read through the guides and FAQs. You will find all kinds of information!

im new into this and im pretty insecure in like everything. afraid of doing things wrong and fuck up my tulpa.

im spending my whole spare time in wonderland with my tulpa or reading things in boards and shit.

im superficial if it comes to personality and im often losing concentration after an hour in wonderland.

can my tulpa turn out emotionless or boring if i dont put much effort into her personality?

its because im fine with everything as long as i get someone who likes me.

how much can i fuck up in the early stage?

is there anything i cant change and might bother me the rest of my life?

will putting not much effort into personality and forcing her into creating it by her own slow down the process?

will the personality created by her own be as multifaceted as a personality created with a shitload of traits some1 pumped into his tulpa?

sorry for bad english btw

Flandre: No, nothing gets messed up and can't be changed. In fact nothing gets messed up in general. Don't worry so much. You imagine a person, you talk to them and treat them like they're real, your brain figures out how to automatically act as that person, bam you've got a tulpa. It'll be fine. Treat your tulpa like a person, that's all you need to do. You can try to influence them to be a certain way and they'll most likely go with it (all four of us were created as Touhou characters, and we never had a problem with that), but the rest happens automatically as you treat them normally. No random invasive thought is going to "ruin" them, that's not how it works. There's something called ironic process theory ("Don't imagine a white bear") where trying not to think about something makes you think about it, and for those who worry a lot it can make them imagine hurting their tulpa or having other undesirable things happen. And it doesn't matter at all. Your tulpa understands you like no human ever could, they know your intentions and reasons. All you have to do when something goes wrong is say that it didn't matter, that's not what you wanted and you won't acknowledge it as such. I could make most people imagine they slapped their tulpa just by saying "Don't imagine slapping your tulpa. Don't do it, no hand-to-face contact." and they would probably not be able to resist imagining it. But they can choose to give that random imagining no legitimacy, no credit as really happening.

All of this is entirely in your mind, all run by your imagination. The only reason anything could ever "go wrong" is because you believe it could. Fixing it is as easy or hard as believing it isn't wrong. Tulpas don't even have physical bodies! The only reason slapping them would hurt is because of the offensive intent behind the visualization. And if there was none - because I used psychological tricks to make you visualize it - then the event has no importance whatsoever. You and your tulpa can both shrug it off. And that's true with any unwanted thought. Any negative thoughts can be rid of by simply refusing to acknowledge them as true, ignoring them.

So if you're trying to visualize how your tulpa should look and your mind randomly turns them into a green slime, you can literally discredit the thought as not what you really wanted and go back to visualizing them as they were before. Orrr.. you could say "Oh no, my tulpa is a slime now! Well I guess I'll just accept that..." It's up to you really. I wouldn't want to be slime.

Everything's under your control, until you give that control away by believing you don't have it. And even then that's still under your control, you just might not know it. But the point is, nothing just goes wrong and is bad forever. Relax, think happy thoughts, and make your tulpa someone nice. If they don't like anything about them, they can change that later. Don't worry about them disliking anything you do before they're vocal and sentient, it's pointless. I mean one, most tulpas are perfectly fine with the name/form/personality they're given by their host, but two, they can change at any point if they really want to. So don't worry. It's not productive.

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

That was actually really a helpful description for me.

I've been worried from the start about that kind of thing. I often have lewd or violent thoughts that just flash across my mind sometimes, as somewhat embarrassing as that somehow is and isn't to admit. (Most of us have them, so it can't be too bad I guess?)

I've even contacted others about those concerns, and they've told me not to worry, but I don't really think that truly hit home until just now. I'm not completely anxious all the time, but with this and so much time and energy I want and do try to put in, it's something I don't want to screw up. But that kind of helps a bit - These worries are really unfounded, and will only harm as much as I let them. So, even though I wasn't the one to ask the question, thank you for the detailed explanation about this!

Hiya! Feel free to message me about anything you want!

------------

Host -

Name: King

Tulpa -

Name: Kalinga

Date of Creation: September 9th, 2015

@loxar:

Dont worry to much about that. I gave my Tulpa no instructions for his personality and he has a wonderful, kind, humorous and in my opinion perfect essence.

@loxar:

Dont worry to much about that. I gave my Tulpa no instructions for his personality and he has a wonderful, kind, humorous and in my opinion perfect essence.

thank you very much. thats all i wanted to hear.

and thanks flandre.

im definitely more confident now.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have a question.. I've had these 'imaginary friends' since I was 4 or 5, as far back as I can remember. They've grown with me and changed and developed with me and became their own personalities with their own thoughts and feelings separate from mine. I used to have many, but two of them never left when I let the others go when I was a teenager. They were the strongest of all of them. I used to have a 'wonderland' as a kid I would visit with them, this past year they've been able to take over my body and talk to other people online and act for me, and upon reading up on Tulpas and all they are, they really sound like Tulpas I created without realizing what it was I created.

Their main desire seems to be seen as 'real' by other people. To be acknowledged and accepted by others just like any other human being. One of them has even fallen in love with a friend of mine and started a relationship with her, by taking over my body to type to her. (she knows, by the way, that he isn't.. corporeal?) He was doing research online about imaginary friends taking over someone's body when he ran across a thread about Tulpas, that's how I started this research myself and came here.

Is it true that this is what they could be? Could someone create a Tulpa without knowing what a Tulpa even is?

Hi, I have a question.. I've had these 'imaginary friends' since I was 4 or 5, as far back as I can remember. They've grown with me and changed and developed with me and became their own personalities with their own thoughts and feelings separate from mine. I used to have many, but two of them never left when I let the others go when I was a teenager. They were the strongest of all of them. I used to have a 'wonderland' as a kid I would visit with them, this past year they've been able to take over my body and talk to other people online and act for me, and upon reading up on Tulpas and all they are, they really sound like Tulpas I created without realizing what it was I created.

Their main desire seems to be seen as 'real' by other people. To be acknowledged and accepted by others just like any other human being. One of them has even fallen in love with a friend of mine and started a relationship with her, by taking over my body to type to her. (she knows, by the way, that he isn't.. corporeal?) He was doing research online about imaginary friends taking over someone's body when he ran across a thread about Tulpas, that's how I started this research myself and came here.

Is it true that this is what they could be? Could someone create a Tulpa without knowing what a Tulpa even is?

Absolutely. It sounds just like a Tulpa to me, and I've heard of other people creating a Tulpa by accident. (I'm one of them :P)

White text- Ash (the host!)

Red text- Quartz!

Purple text- Gamzee!

Blue text- Obsidian!

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic