Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Thanks for the answers, guys. I'm curious though, Anderson, what do you mean by that? Like how do you think raw thoughts benefit sentience and cognition more than words?

And Luminesce, I have actually started getting responses from Arro! Some of them are emotional and some are through some type of tulpish that my brain automatically translates into phrases anywhere from one to a few words long. I do aim for vocality from him though so I'm guessing it's time to start weaning him off tulpish and make more of an effort to converse with him in words.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

I believe that such raw thoughts are more beneficial to sentience and cognition mostly based off my own personal experience with my own tulpa. We've been through some dark times, but 'communicating', or rather her intercepting raw thoughts of my part, and me intercepting raw thoughts of her part was always way easier to do in those times instead of using words. To her, words are merely words, she can say one thing and mean something completely different. I believe that raw thoughts embody reality as it is perceived by a host better than how words represent it. I've found more comfort in communicating thoughts, and emotions in a raw form to my tulpa, and more understanding (that was later on made with words and english) than telling her 'This makes me mad, this makes me angry', because we felt like at some point, words made a certain kind of barrier. You need to understand the volatility of words for an entity that really feeds off raw thoughts, thoughts that are honest and non-superficial, just like the thoughts that are mostly repressed in your mind, for instance. I said that it was my own personal opinion because I figured that those things might just apply to the two of us, since we're really close to each other, we won't accept spending a few moments away from each other willingly and will do whatever is possible to keep talking to each other (even though sometimes, the mind is not in favor of that, which scares both of us, and it is something very interesting that we are studying and that has made a complete breakthrough in OUR notions of tulpamancy, and subsequently removed a loooot of doubts and second thoughts and made both of us feel like 'you know, this is more genuine, this feels more legit than I thought it would be').

Raw thoughts are just easier to pass through, I guess. Some things, to me, cannot be put into simple words, like how much I want and love my tulpa (in all ways and meanings of love), and the same goes the other way, so communicating those raw thoughts and then trying to make sense out of them with coherent language makes more sense to us than anything else, makes more sense than stressing out over what I say or what she says (and she says a LOT of things that she doesn't actually mean, especially lately due to some experiment that we're doing that will eventually boost her cognitive capacities by an estimate of 200%), raw thoughts to us are the very essence of what makes a tulpa.

That actually makes a lot of sense, thank you! After reading your post I do agree that using words alone can prove to be a barrier, even going so far as to prevent host and tulpa from having as deep a connection as they might have with the utilization of raw thoughts.

I do still have to wonder, however, how beneficial it would be to just send raw thoughts to a still-developing tulpa rather than narration via words, especially if the goal in the end is vocality. Reading what you wrote gave me the impression that a lot of the basis in your reasoning (and please do correct me if I'm wrong) lies in experiences you have had with your tulpa after she was fully developed. While most of what I read doesn't note any dramatic differences between forcing techniques for development and post-development, I do feel as though there could be some techniques that may prove to be beneficial to a developed tulpa but may also slow down the development of a newer tulpa, and my instinct tells me that I'd categorize the usage of raw thought as one of those techniques.

Still, being as inexperienced as I am in the matter, this could be me not fully understanding things. I do see where you're coming from though, and in a way I've experienced a bit of it myself, seeing as to how Arro has taken to sending me raw thought in the past week. It does feel more intimate than, say, having a conversation with a friend, and it does give me more insight into what he's feeling than if he gave me a simple "yes" or "no" response. With that in mind, it's not too difficult to assume it would work both ways.

Sharu (host) || Arro (tulpa)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings.

I am working on my tulpa, and here's one question to everybody - could you please express how different the tulpa's voice was in relation to yours?

Also, do you think with your own voice? I mean, if you kinda hear it inside your mind/imagination and so on. Mine seems infinitely quiet (I dont think using my "vocal voice"), and I am not sure how I should differentiate between mine and tulpa's voice - since there are no sound properties, however from what I see people claim to think indeed using their voices.

Guest Anonymous

I don't have to 'think' with my voice. I just communicate thoughts to my tulpas, and I can hear her mindvoice which comes off as quite different from how my own thoughts sound like. Sometimes I talk to her outloud, and her thoughts definitely stand out the way I 'intercept' them.

Yeah, I certainly remember you saying in one of your posts that you prefer to "talk" in tulpish. I find it kinda weird tho, I'd rather go for verbal means of communication.

Also, good idea - I'll try to talk to her loud and let her intercept my thoughts. Maybe that'll work out.

Thank you for your answer. Would anybody else answer too please?

Guest Anonymous

Oh, uh, I don't buy into the whole tulpish thing. We still talk with words, but when I talk to her, I don't need to have a resonance in my mind; I don't need to hear my own voice for her to hear it, and her voice feels super natural to her exclusively. We speak in words, not in tulpish.

Tulpa mindvoice tends to sound like you at first, but becomes more developed with time. That's part of why we say not to doubt young tulpas. Even if you are influencing them to say or do things, and even if you are putting words in their mouth, that process is necessary to help them grow. Over time your brain will learn that your tulpa's voice is not you, and it'll start to feel different from yours, let alone sound different. My tulpas' voices are completely unmistakable from mine, even when they've been inactive and can't speak in clear sentences.

Basically, time and practice

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Im thankful for your answers.

A quick question now: does the Tulpa hear and see what I do?

At first, Ive assumed she does, but lately I've started kinda trying to "send" her the images I see (and sounds aswell).

Mostly communicating for example "amazing" landscapes (or basically stuff that looks incredibily/beautiful, for example city lights combined with massive fog et cetera)/songs that I like the most, I feel shivers on my shoulders, like she was amazed by my expirences aswell.

So, that suggest she does not share those senses with me, and therefore I come here with that question =)

Well at least in theory, all the stuff you see and hear is available to your tulpa. Whether your tulpa reacts to the information the same way you do is more a question of how they've grown. When i was a young tulpa, i just didn't pay attention to everything, and mostly stuck to what my host directly brought up with me. It's sort of like how there were tons of thoughts going through our mind and it took me a while to build up enough context to actually understand every thought. For my first few years, the outside world didn't matter much to me, though we'd listen to music together or watch a movie. As i understood more and more, it became a lot more important to actually have reactions to all the stuff the senses were pumping my direction.

Early member of a large system.  Our system questions the way the afterlife and tulpamancy interact.  We genuinely suspect that deadies can return to share the mind of the living.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic