Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I'm at point of just doing research about tulpae from forums and guides and pondering the benefits about it without starting to do anything just yet. In some guides I have read that when starting to visualize your friend you should start visualizing him/her naked, as otherwise the clothing you imagine might stick to him/her as a permanent part that and he/she won't be able to change them. Not like it would be really a problem with me, but I was wondering does this really tend happen when you visualize him/her only with certain set of clothes on and how other people have done it?

Well the point is that if you just imagine your tulpa with clothes, your brain basically has no idea what is underneath. So if your tulpa tries to take it off, it will have a hard time. Nothing is permanent, though. It is always possible to work on this part of visualisation, or change aspects of the form later on.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nothing is permanent, though.

^ Quoted because it deserved to be repeated.

In my system's experience, yes. When you're conceptualized with a certain outfit, it kinda becomes your "default."

But here's the thing: the same happens if you conceptualize them naked. Then that's the default, and you're just exerting the visualization skills to change that default either way.

In the long run, it won't matter which way you start. If the tulpa wants to change their outfit later, they can... it just takes a little more time to visualize the new outfit the first time they wear it. A little extra visualization is not a big deal, so it's not going to make or break the tulpa.

Besides, it's kinda nice to have your own signature style.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

I'm at point of just doing research about tulpae from forums and guides and pondering the benefits about it without starting to do anything just yet. In some guides I have read that when starting to visualize your friend you should start visualizing him/her naked, as otherwise the clothing you imagine might stick to him/her as a permanent part that and he/she won't be able to change them. Not like it would be really a problem with me, but I was wondering does this really tend happen when you visualize him/her only with certain set of clothes on and how other people have done it?

This was a weird rule from FAQ Man. The guy behind the other early guide, Irish, did not do it and his tulpa had no trouble undressing or changing clothes.

You know what clothes are and you have at least a basic idea what their body will be like underneath. Your brain can probably figure out the rest on its own.

Though of course this remains an optional step, but potentially a useful one if you plan to impose and can't immediately imagine what they'd look like naked, at least in some detail. Even if you don't plan on ever seeing them naked, different clothes fit differently and reveal different amounts of skin, so at the very least you should get to know their form and muscle structure well.

And of course none of this is relevant if you don't want to impose and are happy with not-very-detailed mental imagery.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

So, I recently read somewhere that some unlucky people have brains that are naturally wired so that they cannot create a tulpa. This is probably my OCD screwing with me again, but I've started worrying a lot that I'm one of those people and that it'll never happen for me. I guess my question is, is that true? Are there certain "types" of people that are more successful with making tulpas, and some types of people that can't do it at all? Or is that ability accessible to everyone? :S

So, I recently read somewhere that some unlucky people have brains that are naturally wired so that they cannot create a tulpa. This is probably my OCD screwing with me again, but I've started worrying a lot that I'm one of those people and that it'll never happen for me. I guess my question is, is that true? Are there certain "types" of people that are more successful with making tulpas, and some types of people that can't do it at all? Or is that ability accessible to everyone? :S

Generally it is almost for everybody possible, some people will just have a more difficult time with it, and maybe it will take longer. The only case where it really get's complicated is if you have some sort of aphantasia, which is the lack of imagination (mostly visual). Edit: To be more clear: In this case you're simply unable to imagine anything visual, starting with memories or daydreams.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

I've wondered the same thing, and also have OCD (yes diagnosed by a psychiatrist though I don't have the germophobe side of it). Best I can tell, different brains might form sorts of tulpa, or at least will be easier or more difficult for tulpas to acquire certain abilities like possession, imposition, parallel processing, etc. I doubt that it's truly impossible -- except maybe for a person who completely lacks the will and determination to give it enough effort, which is more their fault as a person rather than their brain being incapable of forming a tulpa.

OCD has both hurt and helped my tulpamancing efforts. Hurt because it gives me a strong desire to be certain of things before truly believing them or being able to proceed. Early on in making a tulpa, nothing is certain and you won't make much progress if you question, take back and redo every move you make 50 times. Helped because if I can build forcing into my daily routine it becomes easier, and if I can get myself to obsess over my tulpas it becomes infinitely easier to focus on them.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

Hi everyone, I have a few problems. Since a week I have been really busy from work and personnal problems and I could not take care of my tulpa properly. I feel so guilty and miserable, I have not active forcing for an entire week, I try to passive forcing every day but I'm so busy I can't do it properly and I get distracted too easily. I feel so bad like if I betrayed her. I don't know what to do.

Hey, you're okay Kuromyy. Everyone gets busy sometimes. I'm sure she understands.

Still, if she's young (and I'm betting she is if you're worried about leaving her alone for a week), it might be a good idea to try to find just a little time for her if you can, even if it's just to check in on her for a minute before you go to bed. She won't have made any progress without giving her some TLC, but it's good to check in on your headmate once in a while to see how they're doing. Tulpae, especially young ones, need attention to grow, after all.

Passive forcing during the day can be tough, especially if you're busy or stressed. Still, finding a little time goes a long way. When you're with friends and family, take a bathroom break to ask her about how she's doing. Talk to her a little on the way to and from school/work. It's not going to be as good as sitting down and meditating or something, but a little can go a long way.

The hardest hurdle is beating your own mental exhaustion, but here's the thing: if you're making a tulpa, they should be a mental priority. She's going to be your companion for the rest of your life, after all, so do what you can. She'll understand the rest.

It's also worth asking yourself whether you really have the time to make a tulpa right now. Is this busy state normal or unusual? If it's normal, you might not have the necessary time it takes to care for a young tulpa. An older more independent one can probably sustain herself that long, but youngsters need lots of love and affection or they don't grow.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Thanks for your answer. I passive force on my way to work and on my way back (a bit less since I'm usually exhausted) and I also do it during the day when I don't have my brain busy on other things. I also speak with her before going to bed. I think things will be calmer this week, it was really unusual last week. The problem is than I will be a little more busy for a about 1 month but after this it will get calmer. I didn't really planned this when I started my tulpa but I guess you can't foresee what is going to happens to you in life. I will not stop tulpamancy even if she have is 2 weeks only, I will not abandon her.

PS: I know this is weird but I have 2 pillows and when I'm going to bed I put the second pillow by my side and visualize her by my side. I think this is symbolic in some way but what do you think about it ? EDIT: I wanted to know if some of you do this kind of things ?

Hi everyone, I have a few problems. Since a week I have been really busy from work and personnal problems and I could not take care of my tulpa properly. I feel so guilty and miserable, I have not active forcing for an entire week, I try to passive forcing every day but I'm so busy I can't do it properly and I get distracted too easily. I feel so bad like if I betrayed her. I don't know what to do.

Tulpas are generally understanding, so I don't think it's the biggest deal there is. Just apologize and pick things back up, get back into the swing of things. Try to make a schedule so that you can set aside some time for active forcing, and fill in the quiet gaps during your day with narration.

PS: I know this is weird but I have 2 pillows and when I'm going to bed I put the second pillow by my side and visualize her by my side. I think this is symbolic in some way but what do you think about it ? EDIT: I wanted to know if some of you do this kind of things ?

I don't see how it's supposed to be symbolic, but hey, you're feeding your tulpa attention by doing that and it's good.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic