Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I have a massive problem..

When I try to visualize in 1st person, I get kicked out and put into 3rd person, every time no matter what it is, it even happens in my DREAMS!

No clue why, its like something is kicking me out of it, and I need 1st person to really visualize a wonderland, but yet I still get kicked out of 1st person visualization, its really odd, just want to know if anyone else here experiences this?

My memories of my past, also have me in 3rd person, so... Probably some problem with my head. q.q

There are plenty of people here that have used (and some even prefer) third person visualization. You shouldn't need to have it in the first person, and can definitely skip having a wonderland down the road if you decide that it's not for you.

There's a problem, if I do third person, it will look like a transparent movie and automatically do everything its self, I have no control after that point really, or almost none, its odd, q.q and putting it in 1st person for the split second I can gives me more control, even if it only lasts for a second..

Such as a second ago, I tried to imagine a door opening into a room, for a split second it was 1st person, then I was kicked into 3rd person, and some old guy replaced me, and he was dusting off some chest and went to pull something out.. q.q I think my imagination has a mind of its own... (I don't really think it has a mind of its own :P)

Maybe, just maybe, because you've got it in your head that first person will give you more control, it will give you more control. Swapping from one to the other doesn't guarantee you a better experience. The more you visualize in general, the more control you'll have over situations like this, and it won't feel like you're not participating.

Also I wanted to know some things about my tulpa appearance. Does changing its appearance will have a negative impact on her ? In the case of a tulpa who can't communicate properly should I tell her some time before doing it ? I'm talking about a total appearance change and also interested in the case of changing cloths.

I can't see how changing the appearance would be a negative thing unless you're thinking of this as one, so you're just worrying about it too much. It seems like it'd be cool to tell them what changes you're going to make, though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Anonymous

There are plenty of people here that have used (and some even prefer) third person visualization. You shouldn't need to have it in the first person, and can definitely skip having a wonderland down the road if you decide that it's not for you.

Maybe, just maybe, because you've got it in your head that first person will give you more control, it will give you more control. Swapping from one to the other doesn't guarantee you a better experience. The more you visualize in general, the more control you'll have over situations like this, and it won't feel like you're not participating.

I can't see how changing the appearance would be a negative thing unless you're thinking of this as one, so you're just worrying about it too much. It seems like it'd be cool to tell them what changes you're going to make, though.

Late to the conversation, ehh? lol

I asked julia for help, and it seemed to help, I can easily do 3rd person now with stability, and some 1st person, though it still kicks me out of 1st person after like 5 seconds now, while before it was one.. :P

(Julias my half daemon-tulpa-thingy)

Late to the conversation, ehh? lol

I asked julia for help, and it seemed to help, I can easily do 3rd person now with stability, and some 1st person, though it still kicks me out of 1st person after like 5 seconds now, while before it was one.. :P

(Julias my half daemon-tulpa-thingy)

Huh, I'll just attribute that to how often I change the posts per page thing in the options. One suggestion for improving first person visualization was the controller thing, where you'd hold it in your hand and treat everything in the wonderland like an FPS (uh, without the shooting), but some people don't like the idea because you can't map complex actions to buttons, really. Maybe something like that could make your hold a bit longer than five seconds.

Guest Anonymous

Huh, I'll just attribute that to how often I change the posts per page thing in the options. One suggestion for improving first person visualization was the controller thing, where you'd hold it in your hand and treat everything in the wonderland like an FPS (uh, without the shooting), but some people don't like the idea because you can't map complex actions to buttons, really. Maybe something like that could make your hold a bit longer than five seconds.

I might try that after I try practicing 1st person, and see if practice will bring up the time, if I could at least get to being able toe hold 1st person for 30 seconds it'll be nice, honestly this is a weird problem, but I guess it might fix it self :P/ <-- didn't make this face on purpose, meant to put a dot, but decided to keep it.

Hi everyone, here I am again seeking more advices. I have noticed something during my passive and active forcing: I can't stay focus, my thought wander everytime and it's usually pretty quick before it happens like between 5-10 minutes or something and when it happens I take about 1-2 minutes to realize it. For passive forcing since I usually do others things will doing it even if those things are not brain intensive so it can be understandable, but the fact it happens during active forcing when I am in optimal conditions bothers me a lot. I think this will eventually go away with more practice and some tips I have found on the forum but if you have more advice I will gladly take it.

It helps to be able to clear your mind in a more meditative sense. Having instrumental music or blank noise in the background helps too, but really it all just stems down to practice, practice, practice.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." -Marcus Aurelius

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -Neil Gaiman

"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." -Stephen McCranie

Thanks for your reply, it's what I think too but I wanted confirmation. I guess it's like most things if you practice enough you will get better and better until it's natural and even after this continue to practice to not lose it.

I'm having a thing happen when I'm active forcing. I saw a thing because I don't know if it's normal or not; good or bad.

When I active force with Isa we'll to into our home in the wonderland and sit. After some time I may mention a pretty flower. So she wants to go to. The flower field zone of our headspace. In our world this would take maybe a blocks walk at a leisurely pace. But when we travel its like a woosh of high speed down the path to the location. Sometimes it skips the woosh and the setting materializes around us like we're on a holodeck.

Its convenient but very immersion breaking, and I think it'll make adjusting to the outside world even harder once she's more developed ana ready for that step.

Is there any advice or tricks on how to enforce more real world limitations/physics to a mentally constructed world?

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

-Arthur Conan Doyle

The same thing happened to the host where, if he wanted to go for a walk in one place of the wonderland to the next, his focus would be on the destination rather than the journey, and we'd just pop into where he wanted us to go to. After doing so many visualization exercises, this became less of an issue for us, just like any intrusive thoughts that would seep in, so I recommend trying any of the ones posted on this site. As long as you think that you have those limitations, you will, so maybe something like symbolism (writing down some of the rules you want in a notebook, for example) would help you out.

I'm having a thing happen when I'm active forcing. I saw a thing because I don't know if it's normal or not; good or bad.

When I active force with Isa we'll to into our home in the wonderland and sit. After some time I may mention a pretty flower. So she wants to go to. The flower field zone of our headspace. In our world this would take maybe a blocks walk at a leisurely pace. But when we travel its like a woosh of high speed down the path to the location. Sometimes it skips the woosh and the setting materializes around us like we're on a holodeck.

Its convenient but very immersion breaking, and I think it'll make adjusting to the outside world even harder once she's more developed ana ready for that step.

Is there any advice or tricks on how to enforce more real world limitations/physics to a mentally constructed world?

It was helpful for me to make the routes more interesting. Then it's easier to focus on the journey. In my case there's narrow duckboards that take us through the woods, so there's lots of things to see, smell and hear on the way.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic