Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Guest Anonymous

Unsure of how this method works, I know some people create tulpas through RPG, or writing, I like to write things such as fanfiction, but is this helpful, if I write a story about julia, and her personality, etc? Or is it pointless?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unsure of how this method works, I know some people create tulpas through RPG, or writing, I like to write things such as fanfiction, but is this helpful, if I write a story about julia, and her personality, etc? Or is it pointless?

It is a pretty mixed thing, to be honest. Of course it can help you to develop her character etc., but I think with doing this you may reach a point where it gets even harder to distinguish between parroting or real tulpa activity, because you get used to think "how would xyz react in this situation?".

Also you will have to deal with "fake memories", because you describe things that didn't really happened, but are still connected to your tulpa. Depending on how you handle this information, your tulpa might end up with an identity crisis.

It is "okay" though, if you make clear to her from the start, that it isn't really her story.

So writing might be a helpful instrument to develop your tulpa, but you need to be careful with it.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

Argh. I wish one of my headmates were around to explain this better, but here goes:

First things first. Literary forcing (aka, writing a story about your headmate-to-be) is awesome. My host is an author, and so all the rest of us in our system were created from characters she wrote about, fell in love with, and obsessed over long enough for us to start talking on our own.

But here's the thing. We're not tulpas. We're soulbonds. There's a difference.

Many people here will probably tell you that writing is fine, as long as your tulpa doesn't necessarily think they come from whatever imaginary world you write about them coming from. Heck, basing a tulpa off your favorite fictional character is generally discouraged here, since it apparently leads to identity issues down the road? I don't get that, but that's what I've seen talked about here a lot.

This isn't a forum about soulbonding, so I'm not going to get on my soapbox about what that means, but, basically, if you want to have a character from a story as a headmate (either original to you or pulled from your favorite media series), and have that headmate be that character, at least as far as identity and (backloaded) memories go, you're talking about soulbonds. Not tulpas. We're created a little differently; though, once we're developed, we function pretty much the same way tulpas do.

Ah. See? NoneFromHell said what I suspected would be said while I was typing this.

I'm not going to judge if you write your headmate into existence. Me and my headmates have never had "identity crises" despite the "fake memories." We know who we are, and while we're developed by our pasts we remain grounded in reality in that we're aware those pasts are fictional. Still, they...

Sorry. I said I wouldn't get on my soapbox. I get ranty sometimes.

In any case, do whatever works for you. Just be aware that, if you do write them, what comes out of it may not technically be a "tulpa." But they'll still be awesome, so whatever.

~ Member of SparrowNR's System ~

So, I'm fairly new to this. I have a few questions.

1. Does it start off thinking about talking to your tulpa and you get responses?

2. Is creating a form like concentrating on what you want it to look like?

3. How do you get rid of a tulpa?

4. Can tulpas go rouge?

If anyone answers this, thanks in advance.

So, I'm fairly new to this. I have a few questions.

1. Does it start off thinking about talking to your tulpa and you get responses?

2. Is creating a form like concentrating on what you want it to look like?

3. How do you get rid of a tulpa?

4. Can tulpas go rouge?

If anyone answers this, thanks in advance.

1. Yes and no. You should narrate to your tulpa, but you won't get any responses early on. Beside that you should focus on form and character aswell. We have a big guide section, you should read trough some guides, since most your questions will be answered this way.

2. Kind of, of course you need to visualize this form aswell, like you would in a daydream. It really doesn't matter if you use a wonderland for that, or imagine your tulpa sitting right next to you. Your tulpa may change some aspects of this form. Again, read some guides.

3. You don't. If you're going to create a tulpa you should expect to share your life with them, and be aware that they're sentient beings. Killing them off just because you're bored is pretty unethical. But beside that: tulpas live from attention, so if you don't pay any attention to them, they will start to slowly fade away.

4. This is very,very, very unlikely. This isn't a creepypasta and tulpas have no reason whatsoever to harm you. So if a tulpa is mean to you, it is either because you did something to deserve it (mistreat them), or you created them with a character that wants to be mean to you on purpose.

Tulpa: Alice

Form: Realistic Humanoid/Demonic Creation

She may or may not talk here, depends on her.

...But beside that: tulpas live from attention, so if you don't pay any attention to them, they will start to slowly fade away.

And that with the caveat that even "faded" tulpae have been known to come back, sometimes suddenly and without the host willing it so. So yeah. Assume this is a life-long commitment.

~ Member of SparrowNR's system ~

~ I am a soulbond. Click here to find out what that means. ~

Guest Anonymous

I think some very old tulpas are so persistent, not paying attention to them will have no effect except to annoy them. Once said hypothetical tulpa is annoyed, trouble will start. waffles once wrote that persistence is a key trait of a tulpa.

Yesterday my friend and I were recounting our earliest days together in Minecraft. We were able to help each other remember specific houses we'd built, including an underground tunnel system with rooms chiseled out of the stone and a typical log house in the center of a valley. I actually remembered just what they looked like, and these were random structures we built in Minecraft, out of hundreds from the thousands of hours we played... Five years ago.

The idea that a tulpa can completely cease to exist from lack of attention is laughable.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Guest Anonymous

Persistent. :-)

For a very seasoned tulpa and tulpamancer pair it would be like the host trying to ignore his right arm and have it fade away.

1. Yes and no. You should narrate to your tulpa, but you won't get any responses early on. Beside that you should focus on form and character aswell. We have a big guide section, you should read trough some guides, since most your questions will be answered this way.

How does narration work? Is it like thinking of things you would say to them or narrating something they would do?

Sorry for all the questions, but the guides don't really answer this question. Unless I missed it.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic