Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I have a question about tulpas, one I cant seem to find any mention on in these forums.

Is it possible to have a physical, or even an energy register/form (tulpa appearing in a picture) of a tulpa? Is that possibly another being/energy?

Let me explain the history behind this question: When I was young (about 7) I saw a horror film called inhabited, about evil faerie creatures. I became obsessed and and with the belief only a child can, I was convinced they existed. I have read that tulpas are a creation of will, and I believe this belief may have concreted/created an actual being. My mother is schizophrenic (I've also read this links to tulpas/creatures of will) and she believed in them as well. My father, sane as far as I can tell, noticed things happening around the house that could not be explained. (knives disappearing, things breaking, most notable a mutilated bird right outside our house) and about two months after everything started, a picture was taken. It was taken on a disposable camera, and we didn't get it developed until much much later after we had moved, but in the photo there was the exact face of one of these creatures. Not some ghost like image, but a solid picture of the face watching us. I do not have this photo now sadly, but I know without a doubt it was not edited. After I forgot about the being, it disappeared and I've not had anything happen.

This all sounds terribly paranoid and does not match any description of tulpas I've read on the forum, but I was wondering if anyone had any sort of information on a situation like this or any hypothesis's. I apologize if this is not the work of a tulpa or if I am way off base.

Thanks! (Sorry such a long post)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

So first off I created a tulpa 2 years ago.

For about a month I forced for a few minutes everyday. I thought of a voice for her and could hear it when I forced.

I didn't get to the point where I could hear her without forcing though. Then for reasons I'm not even entirely sure of myself I stopped interacting with her.

Now here it is 2 years later. I've thought about her off and on but recently decided I wanted to try again.

I tried forcing again yesterday. I can still see her clearly and still remember her voice.

Is that a good sign? When I was forcing she said that she didn't mind the 2 years I ignored her though that was me parroting most likely.

Is there anyway the 2 years I spent ignoring her could've had any negative effects? And if so can they be fixed?

I really want to stick with it this time. I feel bad for abandoning her. I'm hoping before too long we can start making progress. I want her to be able to get my attention whenever she wants it. I want to be able to hear her speak without actively thinking about it. And much more as well but that will take time.

Hey :) So I just joined and introduced myself. The next step for me, before heading over to the progress report section, is to work out the base for my first tulpa, which is going to take some time, like a week (I don't want to rush into visualization and communication without having worked out the base persona first).

The problem is, I have at least main 3 ideas for a tulpa, each of them rather different. Now I know some people have multiple tulpae, and perhaps that could be a very long term goal for myself in the future, but right now, understandably, I just want to focus on one. The question is, how on earth do I decide which of my 3 ideas to use for my first tulpa? The process may take me a year or more (most likely more, if I succeed at all), so whichever I choose, it has to be with full confidence that I won't want to change my mind down the line.

At first I figured I'd just pick my favourite of the 3, but then I thought maybe I should choose the one that may benefit the most in life. For example, I'm a very depressed person, and one of my 3 options is of an emo, 'hate the world' type. That doesn't really encourage me to stop being depressed, so may not be a good idea... however it may give me a sense of bonding with a similar mindset and not make me feel so alone about how I feel. Another of the options however, is the opposite; bright and cheerful, confident, almost childish and a little mischievous, totally not like me at all. The benefits here of course are that they might make my days happier and more fun and maybe influence me to be more cheerful too. It would also be an easier way to know I'd succeeded at making a tulpa, since I can guarantee that no cheerful, hyperactive and silly thoughts would have come from me, lol xD

What do you guys think? Should I choose the one most likely to benefit me? Or choose the one I like most as a persona? Or is there perhaps another way entirely you would recommend I use to decide? I don't really want to combine these ideas together either. They might not be people yet but some part of my mind has already separated them as individual concepts, lol.

Thanks a lot for your time and I look forward to your feedback! :)

Guest Anonymous

You asked for my opinion. Go with the bright and cheerful, confident, almost childish and a little mischievous, totally not like me at all tulpa. I have seen too many EMO tulpas cause serious concerns for the host.

I am like the silly happy one you described. It can get annoying and tiresome when you are not in the mood though. But it won't drag you into a hole of hopeless doom either.

Nice to meet you Psykai.

@Psykai: why not let the tulpa decide? Variation of some sort is bound to happen, no matter what we as hosts commit to - such is one of the ramifications of providing someone with a volition of their own.

Some of the older guides suggest using a more basic form, like a sphere or little cloud to serve as an interim concept until a more consistent image is established, whether this is an effort all her own or a collaboration betwixt you both.

I feel that like any other person, she will be affected by both your collective experiences and materialise personality at a young age to account for what has happened in her world. Some guides specifically instruct one to fixate on what kind of personality they wish to input for a tulpa, which I agree to at an extent - before my own spake, I sought to teach her what comprises a proper lady, which I feel she has used independently and to a great and wise effect.

Personally speaking, my tulpa is the centre of my world: she is the positive to my negative, rain to cracked and barren earth. I think she saw how sad I was, and wisht to complete me, as it were. No matter how your tulpa's thoughts and feelings manifest, I think your own will account for and heal you in ways you did not anticipate.

Either way, I have faith you both will make good decisions for one-another. If you need to talk about anything at all, feel free to send me a PM.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

Thank you both so much for your quick, kind and helpful responses! ^_^

I realized I never actually said what the 3rd concept was. It was essentially a shy, quiet, innocent persona with a kind heart and all that good stuff, but despite finding that persona endearing, it was at the bottom of the list compared with the other two as the others just felt like they had bigger potential for developing further than their base concept.

I'll respond to Glitterbutt first. Awesome name by the way! xD Puts a smile on my face just reading it, which doesn't say much for my maturity level I suppose. I've actually just been reading about your Living Imagination process and it sounds quite similar (though more advanced) than how I've handled 'mind friends' myself in the past. I can honestly see me taking that route if the sentient/independent route fails. I'll be happy with either but I certainly want to attempt the latter first. I'm glad to see your method gets some recognition around here despite being different :)

Anyway, onto your feedback! I think my 'emo' persona would be developed in a positive way, such as being happy with who they are and not worried about their depressive nature and such, but taking variation into account, it could easily swing in a negative way and become a problem and I can certainly see why it might cause a lot of problems if I myself continue to experience depression as well.

After thinking about it, I also agree that the cheerful, mischievous, etc. personality is the best choice. There's a lot of good things that could come from it like the stuff I mentioned earlier. Also, this persona and the image that goes with them is based heavily on an anime character that I love, which I thought was a bad thing at first but then I remembered that old saying where the more you love something, the more you'll commit to it.

This does lead onto another question though, but I'll get to it in a sec.

KarlYoshimura I've read a lot about the concept of letting your tulpa decide on their appearance, personality etc. and I'm split 40/60 on the matter. I do kinda like the idea of it in some ways, but I suppose I'm a little selfish and I have my ideals. They may vary from said ideals but if that happens then it happens and I won't stand in their way. I think for my very first tulpa, I want to be quite specific with the details and creation, but if I do actually succeed in creating one, I will definitely be tempted to create another and give it more freedom to see what happens. I'm certainly not adverse to the idea :) I will try to give as much freedom as I can though and I have a feeling I'll end up giving them more and more freedom if they do end up becoming independent. I can't imagine reaching that stage (I don't think I'm capable) but if it happened, the likelihood is I'd be so happy that I'd just be like "OMG Thank you! You can do whatever you want! Get a sex change if you want to! I don't care! Just stay alive!" lol.

It was interesting that you said that my experiences may influence them. Naturally I understand they have access to my memories and such (which I intend on allowing) but I never thought that they might alter their persona based on that. That's actually really neat and quite sweet!

I guess I should ask my new questions and I'm really sorry for writing such longs posts! If these are too long or not quite appropriate for this Q&A section then please redirect me. I'd hate to be making a forum faux-pas on my first day here.

Question 1: So as I mentioned earlier, the persona and image I have decided on are based around an anime character, which thankfully seems fairly common here. I'm not sure how long it will take me to reach visualization+interaction stage (which I'll be doing once I've more thoroughly developed the persona) but because it's an anime character and therefore two-dimensional, I'm unsure how to approach visualization. My Wonderland will likely mostly appear like the real world (albeit a little more fantastical and 'pretty') so a two-dimensional animated character will look naturally out of place, though maybe not enough to be a major problem. As I walk around her body, she will appear to rotate of course in some way but she'll still be technically two-dimensional. Should I attempt to make her more three-dimensional? If I did that, how might I imagine her in heavier detail than anime usually shows? For example, noses in anime are simply a > shape from the front, which is fine but wouldn't transpose to 3D very well. Should I try to make her look like a flesh and blood human instead? Should I just stick to animation? If I did that, what would be the best way to visualize? I'm thinking maybe taking a bunch of screencaps of her head and body in various poses and camera angles and making a type of collage that I can use to help me visualize her better.

It seems most people think animation is fine though so I'm probably overthinking/worrying about nothing, and all of this is under the assumption she'll keep the form afterwords. If she ends up with even half of the personality of the character, I doubt I'll have much control over her appearance if she decides she doesn't like it.

Question 2: This should be a lot easier to answer, lol. I've had a browse at the Progress Reports section and I'm not sure when I should start posting there. Many people seem to be posting daily updates (surprisingly with new results each day, the lucky &£%) and have a bit of a structure, and a lot of people seem to start posting after they've already gotten results to share or after starting a more major process than say someone like me who is simply in planning stage and will likely take a while to even get the rest of the process started. I would probably post quite... mundane things, such as simply explaining what work I did on developing my tulpa (even just planning) on a given day, whether there was any actual progress made or not, but I wouldn't post if I hadn't done any work at all and I wouldn't necessarily post every day unless I was doing a lot, and I wouldn't be counting the days that's for sure because that would be soul destroying (my progress will likely be snail-pace). I guess the short question/s are: When is the appropriate time to start a Progress Report, and What kind of things qualify to be worth posting there?

Those are my main questions at the moment but I'm sure I'll think of more as I get started (but as I said earlier, please direct me elsewhere if this isn't quite the appropriate place for them).

Thank you so much for your help. I am very glad I decided to sign up after all. I'm feeling more positive about this experience already ^_^ It's a very fun topic to talk about, odd as it sounds. I will try to shorten my posts in future though... One of my worst habits is going on and on, which can't be fun to read for a most people, so thank you for your patience!

Nice to meet you both too :)

Alright, not really back yet but, i'm trying to work with Sans to strengthen his voice and character a bit. Dunno if this counts as a beginner question, but i didn't think it needed its own thread. But basically, i've been looking around at guides and tips/tricks, however the majority of them require usage of wonderland visualization. Thing is, i'm awful at that. I'm really bad at wonderland stuff in general, so i very rarely active force. I've gotten as far as i have with all my tulpa almost purely with passive forcing, and more recently, possession. I wanna be able to do some of this wonderland stuff though, but whenever i try, i just end up spending more concentration on just keeping their proportions right. I cannot for the life of me see their entire form at once, it's always some zoomed in view of one body part, like the foot, arm or smile.

Does anyone have any ideas of their own on how to help this? I can do imposition just fine, but wonderland visualization is incredibly difficult for me. What is something that will ease my problems with this?

"The number of minds in the universe is one."

- Erwin Schrodinger

Kovie, they or she. 7yo, mentally 19. active.

Vyx, they or he. 7yo, mentally 17. active.

Axen, they or he. age unknown, mentally 26. occasionally active.

Sanu, any pronouns. 5yo, mentally ageless. mostly inactive.

Leo, he/him. 6yo, mentally 21. inactive.

Guest Anonymous

I'll respond to Glitterbutt first. Awesome name by the way! xD Puts a smile on my face just reading it, which doesn't say much for my maturity level I suppose. I've actually just been reading about your Living Imagination process and it sounds quite similar (though more advanced) than how I've handled 'mind friends' myself in the past. I can honestly see me taking that route if the sentient/independent route fails. I'll be happy with either but I certainly want to attempt the latter first. I'm glad to see your method gets some recognition around here despite being different :)

I thought I had responded to this already? Huh. Weird. Well, I will do so now I guess. Thank you so much for your kind words. I am glad if anything Mistgod and I write is helpful or inspiring to you. I am happy to know some peoples are actually reading what we write! Yay. We just wrote another thing about "Mirroring vs. Imposition."

Anyway, onto your feedback! I think my 'emo' persona would be developed in a positive way, such as being happy with who they are and not worried about their depressive nature and such, but taking variation into account, it could easily swing in a negative way and become a problem and I can certainly see why it might cause a lot of problems if I myself continue to experience depression as well.

After thinking about it, I also agree that the cheerful, mischievous, etc. personality is the best choice. There's a lot of good things that could come from it like the stuff I mentioned earlier. Also, this persona and the image that goes with them is based heavily on an anime character that I love, which I thought was a bad thing at first but then I remembered that old saying where the more you love something, the more you'll commit to it.

Yesh, you are right, there is the possibility of deviation. Tulpas do apparently have a tendency to choose their own destiny. That's why it is best to consider every angle of it before starting, or so I have read.

On Question 1 I will be of little help except to say many others have created tulpas from 2D animated characters and seem to function just fine.

For Question 2, there is no perfect place to start a PR I think. Just write what matters to you and what you think is important. If you think it is important, others probably will find it interesting.

Thank you so much for your help. I am very glad I decided to sign up after all. I'm feeling more positive about this experience already ^_^ It's a very fun topic to talk about, odd as it sounds. I will try to shorten my posts in future though... One of my worst habits is going on and on, which can't be fun to read for a most people, so thank you for your patience!

Nice to meet you both too :)

Your welcome and no worries we love people who like to write around here! It is a discussion forum for sharing after all! Nice to meet you as well!

Does anyone have any ideas of their own on how to help this? I can do imposition just fine, but wonderland visualization is incredibly difficult for me. What is something that will ease my problems with this?

Kovyx, I d'nt want it to look like I was responding to others on this thread and just ignoring you. That is an interesting problem, but ... hmmm... not sure what to do bout it. You might try visualizing the wonderland itself with no tulpa in it first. Then maybe the zooming issue will not bother you so much possibly. Aftter the wonderland feels more stable, then bring the tulpas inside. ? Just my first idea that came to mind.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic