Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Hi, I'm looking for help in something that i've been struggling for a while now...

Mia is about to be 2 years old, but even with that time our progress isnt as good as anyone would imagine. No vocalization, and a very difficult visualization are like the key concepts. Maybe my mindset is designed like that, specially visualization wise, as i can only use my "visual" sense while forcing (cant feel, smell, taste, or hear), and to remember faces is a really hard task for me. However, this hasnt stopped me to work with her. I'm constantly talking to her, even if i cant hear or feel any answer back, and i ocasionally (which i think it has been my main problem all this time, not doing it regularly) do some forcing sesions using some kind of visual streaming techniques, which are really helpful.

Beside this, I'd always wondered how much does Mia knows about the things that I know. Does my tulpa knows everything I do and think? Does she knows everything I'd lived? This is important for me to know as I find hard to tell her things, thinking she already knows it. I dont want her to feel stupid, or her to think that i think she's stupid so i have to repeat things to her...

And how do you listen to your tulpa? does it sounds like an hallucination, like someone outside your body? or does it sound like your mind voice?

I usually read threads here that talk about results in one or two months, and me, having almost 2 years, is really discouraging... so... any help is welcomed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe my mindset is designed like that, specially visualization wise

I won't be much help here. This is because I assume you have read many guides, and looked over the tips and tricks and tried many things.

I can say, however, that a mindset is not something you are born with, but something you choose, often based on your beliefs. Thinking of it as designed is probably not accurate. I can say, your mindset can be significant in what you find easy and hard. It is an advanced learning skill to be able to switch between different mindsets, perspectives, and attitudes, as this broadens the number of things you can do.

I suggest you try to get possession going. If she is there, but only unable to communicate, possession will help.

The other possibility is she is underdeveloped. In this case, you need to work on getting a "stream of consciousness" going. You can practise this by trying your hand at freewriting. The basic idea here is that she does things automatically. Instinctively. In order for her to learn to just blurt out the first thing on her mind, you have to learn to just blurt out the first thing on your mind. I think maybe a word association game might help with this.

It sounds like your internal voice usually. But all those other ways of sounding happen too.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

When you imagine yourself biting into a lemon or something else that's sour, as an example, do you have an idea of what the taste (even if it's faint) and smell are supposed to be like? Everyone's different and so it's true that some have an easy time imagining one sense and find that imagining others seems like it can be impossible. If that's really the case for you, find the time to practice this with strong tastes/smells, memorable sounds/songs, etc. - keep in mind that these aren't going to be perfect copies and that it's not going to be the same as actually biting down on that lemon.

One visualization trick that's been posted here before (and it's the one that I post about all the time when someone has problems like this) is to break your tulpa or whatever else you're visualizing down into little pieces, visualizing each part of it until you're comfortable with how they look, and once you're done with that, go ahead and bring everything together again. You might need to repeat this a few times (and I'd recommend that you do it often for the sake of practice, considering how useful it is). There are other exercises on the forums if you're willing to search for them.

Consistency is important. You don't need to interact/force with your tulpa every single day, but only doing it occasionally isn't going to help you out at all. Make a schedule and stick to it, no matter what. Set alarms and remove your distractions to ensure that you're only going to be focusing on your tulpa. When you're talking to your tulpa, you can assume that they know everything that you do - I've heard from some people that their tulpas don't know everything that the host does, but this seems to happen based on the host's beliefs most of the time. If you assume that your tulpa is going to know what you're talking about, you're fine  - explaining everything to them is going to break the flow of your narration sessions.

Imposition = hallucinations, and that's likely not going to be a thing for a while, since it's one of the advanced skills. It's going to be similar to your mindvoice - often times, the tulpa has the same mindvoice as the host in the beginning, and it gradually changes as the tulpa becomes more independent. If you come across something that seems like a response and you don't know if it's from the tulpa, it's probably better to just assume that it is.

You probably know this by now, but the process is different for everyone. Because of this, try not to make any comparisons and focus on the journey rather than the destination.

Thank you :)

The other senses might be lack of practice. I still have some mental problem (i think it is) that i cant remember faces. That said, visualizing Mia's face had been a little complicated, yet not impossible. Making sesions entirely focused on her body (physical) have been very helpful, trying to concentrate in small parts at a time (hands, arms, legs, feet, torso, back, and so on). I also had made sesions focused only in her voice, making her say something, repeat vowels over and over again... It helps during the sesion, but after that i return to the nothingness... Again maybe lack of practice or inconsistency...

About imposition: I do had heard her as an allucination/someone in the room at least one confirmed time.

About possession: I tried once or twice, but i quit, thinking that Vocality was needed first... I'll try again then.

And one last thing, can you give me an example of narration? like a transcription of you narrating to your tulpa. That would be very helpful

Your tulpa definitely doesn't need to be vocal beforehand, since a lot of tulpas have communicated with their hosts through weak possession. Narrating is just you talking about anything as long as you're directing it to your tulpa, but you probably already know that.

"Hi, tulpa. Right now I'm writing up an example of what narration is like for someone who wanted it, and while it's awkward to type this out, at least I'm doing something with my time. Since I'm starting to get hunger pains, I might cook in a little bit - etc. etc. etc."

Your tulpa definitely doesn't need to be vocal beforehand, since a lot of tulpas have communicated with their hosts through weak possession. Narrating is just you talking about anything as long as you're directing it to your tulpa, but you probably already know that.

"Hi, tulpa. Right now I'm writing up an example of what narration is like for someone who wanted it, and while it's awkward to type this out, at least I'm doing something with my time. Since I'm starting to get hunger pains, I might cook in a little bit - etc. etc. etc."

thank you, so i was doing it right xd

so i saw that many newbies (such as me), have a hard time distinguish your own thoughts with the ones of your tulpa. My question is that if we can train ourselfs and our tulpas to make the tulpa speak like if it was in the real world. like imposition, but only in your auditory senses. This could make the tulpa much, much easier to identify when it is talking.

hey i am a human host. my tulpa is Alexandra and she talks in pink  we like to answer questions so don't be shy :)

Well that's what happens with me. You see, when I talk and I'm not imposing, K hears my mind voice of whatever language I may be speaking, like Endligh or Russian or French or Tulpish but when I am imposing and K can see me and I talk he hears me as if I was standing there. And it's not really hallucinations, which none of this is, but just another segment of imposition to know and experience. Touch, sight, hearing, taste (not something we've done) and smell (not something K can do because his nose is fucked) is all imposition if I'm not mistaken.

Imposition doesn't just have to do with seeing your tulpa, you know, so yes, you can also "hear them" like you would anyone else, assuming that you're willing to put in the time.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic