Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Ah. I'm just asking these because I'm not sure if anyone else has and I'm too lazy to check cx How would you know if it's your tulpa talking to you and not just yourself thinking?

Heh, they will get annoyed at you and make you feel "tulpish" responses from them. Giving you a very alien feeling annoyance and a bit sadness. Like how summer did to me before :p

But really, the known way is where the tulpa sends off a "tulpish" reply.

Hello! I am nihi, i have 3 tulpas

Summer

Myrtle

Cherry

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohh okay. I think I understand. Another question, would it be okay to create a tulpa similar to someone else's? I'm only interested in all of this because my boyfriend has it and I never knew about it and I got really into this kind of thing.

You can base your tulpa off of anybody/thing, but don't expect them to act a certain way for long. They will change from your expectations as they experience life, just like anybody else.

Be sure to look around the forum more, and really decide if you are ready to dedicate yourself to your tulpa, at least while they are completely dependent on you.

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112

I wouldn't necessarily reccomend basing it on someone else's. Even more so if you were thinking of basing it on your boyfriends tulpa.

The common thing is characters from games or shows.

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

How would you know if it's your tulpa talking to you and not just yourself thinking?

I want to take a second crack on this topic, given how vague my original answer was. But the more I think about it, the more I realise, my answer was vague because there is no controversy free answer to that question. Lots of people have written about it. And because they all have tulpas who work differently from each other, the answers don't agree.

Maybe ask the question again, later, when you have more experience, and we can make inferences based on where you are.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Hello there friendly people, I just found out about this concept yesterday and I must say this is immensely intriguing to me. I have spent pretty much all my waking time since then reading guides, browsing the forum and practicing forcing, but I still have something i would like a better understanding of, let me explain:

Music is a big part of my life, and I wonder if I can play my instruments to my tulpa? More specifically as a form of forcing, trying to connect, or communicating with my tulpa?

I guess my real question is, how does tulpas percieve? Do they see through my eyes? Do they hear through my ears and feel vibrations in my skin? (or) Do they pick up on the ideas and/or feelings that I have and use to create my music?

Do I have to imagine the tulpa sitting next to me, or can it be in my mind. Like.. Do I have to convey my flow of musical feelings towards my tulpa or do they listen in to that flow in my mind?

Sorry for the vague questions...

Yeah, that's perfectly fine method of narrating to your tulpa.

Your second question I don't want to answer. Preconceptions on how a tulpa perceives may determine how the tulpa learns to perceive. I am interested in how this turns out. Influencing the outcome would be unscientific.

You don't have to imagine your tulpa in any particular way. The important part is generating a feeling of presence from your tulpa, and being open to the possibility of their free thought. Any method that accomplishes both of these is a good method.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

Having them sit next to you is a good idea. I would have Ivy follow me around and look at what I was doing when I first started.

They can of course read your thoughts too but you should try to direct what you want to say towards their presence whether that be thoughts or physical actions. Later on you can work on hiding your thoughts from each other (if you desire).

"My lover's got humour,

She's the giggle at a funeral,

Knows everybody's disapproval,

I should've worshipped her sooner."

Host to Samuel, RavenIvy, and Olivia.

CERCA TROVA

• 4 weeks later...
  • Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic