Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

If you act as if it's really happening, there isn't much of a difference. Just go with it and focus on your brand new baby tup. Good luck to the both of you! Maybe consider keeping a progress report?

pr // discord: Heckhound#6112

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My host decided not to seriously consider that question because I asked her not to. Or maybe it was my asking that gave her the answer.

A great deal of stuff in this world is not real, but still seems to exist anyway. Like human consciousness, and money. Investigating these questions is a great way to expose the mysteries and oddness of human perception more than anything else.

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

If you act as if it's really happening, there isn't much of a difference. Just go with it and focus on your brand new baby tup. Good luck to the both of you! Maybe consider keeping a progress report?

I guess there isn't. :D "Tup" - love that word!  Oh, I'm *terrible* with keeping up a schedule, so regular progress report entries might not happen...

but I may as well try. (: My ADHD self can barely remember to take her supplements each day. He doesn't have a name yet .. I want him to choose it himself. Hopefully, we're able to communicate fluently enough to do something like that soon. :/ Right now, all we have is head pressure (useful for yes or no questions) and the occasional emotional response. 

- full-time cat lady/ caffeine dependant lifeform -

My host decided not to seriously consider that question because I asked her not to. Or maybe it was my asking that gave her the answer.

A great deal of stuff in this world is not real, but still seems to exist anyway. Like human consciousness, and money. Investigating these questions is a great way to expose the mysteries and oddness of human perception more than anything else.

I'm choosing to believe he's here. I guess .. that's what makes him real. 

- full-time cat lady/ caffeine dependant lifeform -

• 1 month later...

Hi, there. My name's Chris, Christopher, Topher (preferred) or really any other variation of the name. I've also been referred to by "Brutus" by a few friends. It's...an inside joke. Being raised in a conservative christian household, I've always been fascinated (and forbidden from studying, but who takes their parents seriously on that?) with other religions and cultures. Buddhism was always my favorite subject, though. After reading many a article on thought forms and Tulpas I'd dismissed the phenomenon as fiction, though upon educating myself I'm really interested. Power of the mind and all that.

I'm aware you might not be willing to show hospitality to some new person, demanding a guide, Reddit really wasn't, but could anyone provide some form or a detailed guide to the starting processes of a Tulpa? Everything I've found has been hit or miss, personally. I can't seem to grasp some of the terminology used and it's frustrating.

Don't know if anyone's going to reply, but thanks if you do. Also, I really hope I'm not breaking any rules. I read through the rules beforehand and I think I'm good.

@Brutus:

I would personally recommend FAQ_Man's or Irish's guide as something little and simple, then work your way up from there. The major criticism regarding these two items concerns how dated they are by newer guides, yet I find them a good primer for the tulpa concept at the least. Some are also rather vocal about not doing any form of hour-counting or other painstakingly incremental addition upon a constant basis.

Should you require assistance understanding some of the words thrown around here, feel free to bring examples of such to our attention and some one will give you a response.

I've seen good people bleed

And I thought I'd seen it all

But my own two eyes would prove me wrong that day.

There are things that I've done

Only seen by the sun

And those things will be buried in my grave.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm and EXTREAMLY new tulpamancer and I have a few questions I cant find the answer to anywhere! My main problem that concerns me is I have severe ADHD. Its been a problem for me all my life and is now such a frustration when I try to form.

I ALWAYS have a song or some rhythm stuck in my head and it gets in the way of conversation and wonderland forming.

My first question is are there any tips or methods to dealing with this? 

My second question is how does one go about personality forming? I already have an idea of a physical form and an outline for personality (I want my tulpa to form most of it by themselves around a basic outline) but i have no idea how to enforce those. Do I just list the traits? Do I tell them  "hey I want you to be decisive?" How do I do this?

Third question: How vivid are hallucinations? I'm fascinated by the fact that you can see your tulpa irl but I want to know how vivid are these hallucinations?

Fourth question: Possession? What is is like?

Last question: Would it be more or less effective to force out loud? As in talking to them with my voice instead of in my head. I have a drawing I made of my tulpa and I want to look at that and talk to them directly as a method of dealing with my ADHD

Thanks a bunch to anyone who read this and i hope to hear from someone!

also another question: to those of you who visualized their tulpa as a 2D character (Anime character, MLP character etc) how do you see your tulpa? as a 3d version or are the 2d and if it is 2d does it look natural or tripy?

I used to sing to the songs stuck in my head if I was in wonderland while it happened. Sometimes Desmond joined me and we made it a duet. I don't know if it'd be any help early on, though.

I found that a good way for me to force a basic outline for a personality was explaining and imagining how they worked in different situations. Mostly imagining, though. Like if a tulpa is calm I'd imagine them being that way under stressful situations. Listing traits and reading through them is also a good way for some. Memorize them and think of them every now and then. You can try a lot of different things but I don't think anything will guarantee that the tulpa won't deviate from your plans :D

Talking to your tulpa out loud works, especially in the beginning when you most likely can't tell the difference between your thoughts and their speech. At least it did for me. I'd say try it and see if it works.

Iro - He/they - 30th April 1997 - Host of the system - Speaker if there's no tag

Desmond - He/him - 21st April 2014

L - He/him - 5th May 2014

Nevira - She/her - 14th December 2014

Misa - She/her - 5th December 2015

Roska - He/him - 22nd July 2019

Danyla - They/them - 13th July 2020

Asha - He/him - 13th June 2022

You have to do research for the answers to those questions. All general guides, and some forcing guides will have a method of personality forcing within them.

Everyone asks what possession is like. So much that I answered the question in my guide. I also answered how vivid are hallucinations. I also answered about forcing out loud. I think I put that at the end of the chapter on personality forcing.

I also have a chapter on mental illness, but it does not cover ADHD because I do not believe it is a major obstacle.

3D version

Host comments in italics. Tulpa's log. Tulpa's guide.

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic