Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

I've read about a lot of methods explaining how to make my tulpa's personality, but most of them involve me having to go search up a list of personality traits (Which is 600+ traits), reading what each of them means, choosing a handful of them,  and then "giving" them to my tulpa through different means. This just feels extremely tedious and drawn out. Is there a more simple way of personality forcing, that works just as effectively?

Plenty of people don't view personality forcing as being a necessary step in the creation process these days, but I'd still say that the methods you've described here are beneficial to some extent. FAQ's trait template can still be used as a good tool for narration if you're a person that struggles with finding topics to talk about, for example, and can help solidify the "essence" of your tulpa. It's also probably worth noting that you don't need to follow guides word for word; they're meant to be used as a supplementary tool. 

What do I do now?

Read as many resources as you can to get a better understanding of the concept. The process can be simplified into "talk to your tulpa until they talk back" but if there's anything in particular you want to ask, try using the search tool to see if it was already answered. If it wasn't, make a new thread - the regulars here are usually quick to answer.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, but there is one question I have that no guides have answered:"So I just PRETEND I have a tulpa, and keep on thinking about them, focusing on them and talk to them as if they can already hear me, and at some point they will become sentient and become a ACTUAL tulpa?"

Sorry, this concept is new to me, so I have a hard time understanding how this will make a sentient being in my mind, but is this actually how this whole "Tulpa" thing works?

You don't have to pretend that they are sentient, but they do have to be the focus of your attention, and it will go a lot faster if you have the intention that they speak eventually.

But yeah that is essentially the core of tulpamancy

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

Some in this community have the understanding that the tulpa just needs to learn how to communicate with you. In that case, they'll be a lot less frustrated if you believe what you hear or feel from then, is them. Even if it's not yet verifiable.

In my experiance, a sense of presence is first, then attempts at communication, then the ability to make some form of communication (head pressure or emotions) and sometimes tulpish is next (pure thoughts that can be attributed to your tulpa), finally true vocality.

Keep in mind this can be out of order, have steps i missed, and happen at any rate from an hour to weeks or more.

Testing for sentence usually comes after. Emotions were the biggest tell to me that my tulpas were sentient.

"So I just PRETEND I have a tulpa, and keep on thinking about them, focusing on them and talk to them as if they can already hear me, and at some point they will become sentient and become a ACTUAL tulpa?"

Pretend isn't quite the right word. Intend, probably. Intend for there to be a tulpa there that you're talking to, intend for there to be a tulpa trying to listen and respond to you. At some point your brain will get the picture and start actually making a tulpa, based on your expectations and intent.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Some in this community have the understanding that the tulpa just needs to learn how to communicate with you. In that case, they'll be a lot less frustrated if you believe what you hear or feel from then, is them. Even if it's not yet verifiable.

How do I help my tulpa learn to communicate with me?

In my experiance, a sense of presence is first, then attempts at communication, then the ability to make some form of communication (head pressure or emotions) and sometimes tulpish is next (pure thoughts that can be attributed to your tulpa), finally true vocality.

Hmm, I don't understand how to do even half of that...

I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions, I just wanna make sure that I don't end up doing something completely wrong, and make absolutely nothing and no progress.

In the second quote ab was just talking about signs of sentience, a sense of presence is just intuitively feeling that your tulpa is there, head pressures are exactly what they sound like, emotional bleeding is feeling the emotions that your tulpa has.

The best known way to get your tulpa vocal is simply to expose them to talking, then they'll figure it out pretty soon normally

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

How do I help my tulpa learn to communicate with me?

I recommend reading guides about narration. Narration is a process where you focus on and speak directly to your Tulpa. This does three important things: 1, training your mind that your Tulpa exists, and 2, trains you to spend a lot of time with your Tulpa, and 3, teaches your Tulpa how to speak.

You may hear about puppeting / parroting as a technique as well, but I personally don't recommend it. Puppeting is the process of controlling your Tulpa. Eventually, this can teach them how to speak, think, and move about on their own. The reason I do not recommend this is because it can lead to stress and tensions between you and your Tulpa, more extreme parrotnoia, and you miss out on training that enfoces setting aside time to focus on your Tulpa. Parroting is "easier" and is more likely to be used by accident or lead to the development of an accidental or unintentional Tulpa.

Hmm, I don't understand how to do even half of that...

I'm sorry if I ask a lot of questions, I just wanna make sure that I don't end up doing something completely wrong, and make absolutely nothing and no progress.

Angry Bear was referring to early signs of sentience. You don't do them as much as you keep an eye out for them. For example, Angry Bear experienced emotional bleed, which is when your Tulpa (in his case soulbond) 's emotions can be felt by the entire system. Another example is head pressures (you will feel a pinpoint sensation on your head) and presence, which is the "feeling" of someone else's existence, or the feelings you experience when that person is around (ie. a vibe).

Not everyone gets these signs, and they are the least reliable form of communication your Tulpa can use. For example, a random headache can sometimes be similar to a head pressure, you could be upset and that is mistaken for emotional bleed, etc. Another sign of sentience could be simply your Tulpa talking to you for the first time.

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Thanks you guys, you're really helping a lot, if I ever come across one of you in real life, I'll buy you a chocolate.

OK, so I think I'm gonna start with forcing today, so what I'm gonna try, is simply "see" her sitting in front of me, and then just narrate to her.(Is this fine or should I do something else for the first thing?)

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic