Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

An NPC is a character or object in wonderland designed to follow a script. The better you are at animating your characters, the more autonomous your NPCs will feel.

For example, you may have a mail person NPC who only walks around, delivers random letters, and hums. They may feel autonomous and possibly have dialogue, but the mail person is still an animation following commands. NPCs have shallow "personalities" if they even have one, and NPCs are usually forgotten.

Basically, an NPC will perform whatever you want it to do.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

"designed to follow a script" sounds a little strong. It's simpler to say an NPC is just an imagined character, albeit usually with more permanence (still not as much as a tulpa) that simply acts like a character, or how you expect them to. The only real difference in an imaginary character you can blink away in a moment or once you stop thinking about them, and an NPC, is usually an NPC is intended to stick around, or always be there when you're focused on that place in your wonderland again etc.

Just a term for an imaginary character in your wonderland that is a little more permanent and predictable than imagined-on-the-spot characters. That doesn't mean you don't still have full control over them, and you can blink them away at a moment's notice, though

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Our NPC are generally not permanent. Our characters are, like Snaily and Vend the red dragon. An example: we have a forest full of tribal racoon girls, but they don't speak intelligently and don't have names. If you go to that forest, they'll sneak around and watch you. Sounds scripted, but we didn't 'write their script'. My systemmates have seen many one-off on-the-spot NPCs that never repeated. We don't make them or control them consiously, but we can kick them out any time or blink them away. I've never tried controlling one. Ren was somewhat controllable early on, so that's kind of an oddity. I never considered her an NPC.

I guess they don't have to be "more permanent" per se, though in a lot of cases they are. Guess you could actually say the opposite, that NPCs have more autonomy than a random imagined character, but a lot less permanence than a tulpa.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

What does a NPC do?

I experience NPCs when I am lucid dreaming (that can also include vivid day dreaming).  To me these are characters who may act on their own accord etc but they don't have the same kind of awareness which tulpas have eg you cant hold any decent conversation with them.  They may respond back only in one way eg say one thing or not speak at all or speak in gibberish. Typically for me if I go up to one of these and try to speak to it they usually just walk off on me or just grunt at me then ignore me, they don't tend to answer any questions of mine.

IF I found one of these in wonderland  I wouldn't think much of it of it's just a product of the unconscious mind and it may not necessary be something I may see again.  You could though find a regular one of these as being a product of a character you know from a story or game (but once again it wouldnt have much consciousness to it outside of that thing and how you expect it to act from that).

Jesse (human male) DOB 16th April 2013 

Working on imposition

Directions, yes, but I don't recommend asking an NPC how are they doing. That could lead to forcing.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• Vos pinned this topic
  • Pleeb locked and pinned this topic