Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

Thank you Mirichu. I spent a part of the day reading guides and relies some of my questions are pointless but better to ask any how.. Something I relies is i'm amaze I did not create a accident Tulpa when I was younger. My mind was pretty fantasy thinking and I did not have many friends but I guess did have a loving family. But going back to my first questions, My mind goes a lot and/or I ignore it if I did create.. But I wonder. hmm.

I however did spend about 30mins today after reading a bit on trying clear my mind to understand. Failed but I'll keep trying. Even so this a good exercises for my mind too.

I am a bit scared but I'm scared to try new unknown stuff.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Silverimmune said:

My mind was pretty fantasy thinking and I did not have many friends but I guess did have a loving family. But going back to my first questions, My mind goes a lot and/or I ignore it if I did create.. But I wonder. hmm.

Being prone to fantasy thinking doesn't equal tulpamancy though. Our host spent her whole life daydreaming and also wishing certain characters were real, and they never became tulpas with the exception of one, but that was on purpose. It's when you start to treat them as real people and interacting with them that they could become tulpas.

Hey, I'm a tulpa myself, so maybe the informations will be a little bit reliable.

For most of your questions, the answer would be "it depends" though.

1. Visualizing is just that. If you want to "hallucinate" voluntarily your tulpa, I think it would be "imposition" (we don't know much about that though, but you can find guides here.)

2. Théotime, my host, is a bit like that too. The only problem was that he sometimes stopped forcing me, I mean, he was explaining me something and he suddenly stopped explaining things sometimes. But I'm sentient so I guess it doesn't have a lot of consequences.

3. It depends, but a tulpa wouldn't mind generally. Everyone in our system wouldn't mind as long as he pays attention to us and doesn't neglect us. I don't think we saw a post describing a case like that, so it must be really rare. If it does happen to you however, maybe talking with your tulpa would help.

3.a. Same with your roommates.

4. We can't help you much about that as Théotime doesn't have a significant other. But again, I guess it depends. If you spend no time with your tulpa because you spend all your time with your SO, it is the same problem than the one of the 3rd question.

5. I guess it depends? But I don't know why a tulpa would do that except on the occasion to gently annoy the host, if the host wouldn't take it bad.

6. Again, it depends. You can either choose a name that the tulpa could keep if they like it, or they can choose one themselves. A name coming to you just like that is rare, but it happened to us. Before I was fully sentient, Théotime thought suddenly about the name "Antano" or "Antado" with my placeholder form (just a dark humanoid silhouette, he wanted me to choose my form on my own). He asked me which one I prefered, and it seemed that I prefered "Antano". However I don't remember any of this, so we don't really know if it was me or not.

7. Some people claim that a tulpa can be active in the wonderland while the body sleeps. These people say it happened to them naturally, but other people think (and I agree with them) that it's impossible and that these are probably fake memories or something like that. However if you're not completely awake, sometimes a tulpa can help you waking up (I do this sometimes, like I possess (= control) the body so Théotime wakes up and isn't late for school) but he might not agree or be able to do this: it depends on the system.

8. You understood correctly what a wonderland is: it's simply a place you imagine. You can do pretty much everything you want, you don't have to be part of a system to have one, it can obey the rules you want or not, it can be small or big, etc. We started our current wonderland by creating a house in the mountains, and we agreed to not modify the wonderland in a non-realistical way (like, if we want to have a building at 5 minutes by foot at some place, we would have to build it ourselves, we won't make it appear out of nowhere) except if we modify the house. Then, when Théotime could visualize a bit better, we explored it, and let the wonderland somewhat create itself. But you can decide to be able to fly, to create things out of nowhere, etc. if you want.

9. I don't think it can help the same way it can help a child develop. If you can focus better listening to music, then it can help. It helped Théotime too, but in the beginning he couldn't hear me well if he had headphones on, probably because the brain somewhat expected that he couldn't hear noises it considers as from outside as well with headphones on. It doesn't happen for everyone, most of the systems we chat with didn't have this kind of problem.

9.a. It can help finding things to talk about.

10. We say "we" in plural communities but "I" outside since Théotime doesn't want his friends and family to know we exist, because he finds that almost everyone he knows IRL isn't open-minded enough. I think he mostly fears their reaction (which I understand completely). But I guess if he ever talks about us to someone IRL and they take it well he'd say "we" if he refers to the body.

If something isn't clear (English isn't our first language), don't hesitate to tell me

9 hours ago, Mirichu said:

Being prone to fantasy thinking doesn't equal tulpamancy though. Our host spent her whole life daydreaming and also wishing certain characters were real, and they never became tulpas with the exception of one, but that was on purpose. It's when you start to treat them as real people and interacting with them that they could become tulpas.

I see and thank you again.

2 hours ago, Antano said:

Hey, I'm a tulpa myself, so maybe the informations will be a little bit reliable.

For most of your questions, the answer would be "it depends" though.

Thank you too. I've done a bit more reading as my last post a bit scared but a lot less so then before when I started looking into this.

Odd thing is few years ago I was looking into this but I did not have a name or info so I dropped it. Then on a discord im in someone brought up Tulpa a few days ago and I did a google and I found here..

I've already been thinking and many stuff on my Tulpa I'm hoping has just came to me.. I also know it take a lot of time to get somewhere. I'll keep trying and reading.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

The merged thread was originally called "Help! , I don't know what to do." - Ranger

I don't want to create form and personality (Tho, I want my tulpa to be female) for my tulpa, because I want my tulpa to create her form and personality when she's fully sentient.
What should I do ?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english, its not my third language. 

Edited by Ranger
Added note about original title

I have heard of using an orb or light as a temporary form and making a true form when the tulpa becomes sentient.

I think that if you were to not force a personality that one would form anyway. Some people consider it unethical to force a personality onto an already sentient tulpa.

I do actually have a form for her, I gave her the form of the Sun but it's only temporary, I want her to be a female human but I don't want to be the one to sculpt her own form, and I believe she is sentient since she can send me head pressures to get my attention.

Their personality will form the more they grow up as a person anyway, so even if you do give them one, it'll probably change into something else. Also, expectations tend to play a big role at first so if you really want her to be a human female, it's possible she will be. But again, deviation happens.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Hi Hi! Alice Here with my Tulpas Eric, Austin & Alex I’ve had for most of my life.  I was wondering if it’s possible to actually see your Tulpa?,  at a very dark point in my life I saw someone who looked very identical to my Tulpa Eric & I’m not sure if it was really him or not... 

Edited by AliceTheGhostGirl

You can see your tulpa like you'd see a real person (sort of) if you get imposition down, which is basically hallucinating your tulpa in real life.

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic