Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your own, unrelated thoughts don't really affect your tulpa. What affects your tulpa are expectations and beliefs. If you constantly expect them to be sad/depressed/random negative stuff, that may affect them (though tulpas usually turn out more positive than their depressed hosts even in those cases). And especially if you believe they will be such things, they probably will be. Luckily, you have every reason to believe your tulpa will be alright - I've seen probably hundreds of people create tulpas at this point, and I can't think of any cases where a tulpa wasn't more positive-minded than their negative-minded host. I'm not even sure exactly how this happens, but I'd guess it just comes from the hosts seeing so much good in their tulpas while creating them, a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Negative thoughts can annoy a tulpa as they do you, but they generally have a "We're in this together" mindset and often end up trying to help you combat negative thoughts/improve yourself. 

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times.

I’ve been stressed lately and it feels like Daria has become less active. I don’t know if I’ve been spending enough time with her or if she’s just getting affected by the stress in general? I am about to have even less time for her with school, idk, any help would be great. ❤️

Oh, also she’s still not vocal, it’s been almost three months, and she will use tulpish and body or hand gestures. If I talk to her, she smiles and will sometimes think something, but she used to be exited and bubbly.

Last question, if she falls into dormancy, will she be alright when I have more time with her or is she in danger?

Superfluous heart activate! 💖 -shwing-

You being stressed definitely can influence your tulpa or hinder communication. When we're super stressed, it is hard to talk to each other, so I think it's pretty normal. About the dormancy thingy, I have a feeling that given Daria's not even vocal yet, it'll probably hinder all progress you made. Even fully developed tulpas can have a hard time talking at first after being dormant for so long, it might not happen to you, but it can still happen.

I'm thinking about creating a Twilight Sparkle tulpa, and I'm thinking of using a slight modification of the list of traits Twice Sparked listed at the beginning of their progress reports. Would doing so be some kind of breach of etiquette or such?

6 hours ago, Samantha said:

Last question, if she falls into dormancy, will she be alright when I have more time with her or is she in danger?

Yes, they are definitely affected by stress. In my experience, there will be no danger in this, however she might be a little different if she does go dormant and comes back later. It hasn't happened with my system, Joy was dormant for years at a time and only changed when we started forcing her. She's a boss, and never lost anything.

@Star_Dragon do what you want, it's likely she won't be the same Twilight Sparkle that she is in the show by the time you're done. My headmates changed significantly from their original chosen forms.

Just now, Bear said:

@Star_Dragon do what you want, it's likely she won't be the same Twilight Sparkle that she is in the show by the time you're done. My headmates changed significantly from their original chosen forms.

Bear, thank you for responding so quickly.

I'm well aware that she won't be the same as, for a multitude of reasons, ranging from my imperfect understanding of the character to the fact that I will be straight-up informing her that she isn't actually from the show, but something of a simulation(I believe that not doing so would be a grossly unfair lie, and extremely dangerous).

Fictives (which is what she'd be) will go through a identify crisis that usually isn't a big deal, but can be. Gwen didn't have one to speak of, Joy had a positive one.

21 minutes ago, SheShe said:

Fictives (which is what she'd be) will go through a identify crisis that usually isn't a big deal, but can be. Gwen didn't have one to speak of, Joy had a positive one.

Just to clarify: Were you clear from the get-go about their fictive (thanks for the term) nature?

[Gwen] in my case, when they called me and brought me to their world, I was scared and confused and it was weird because my world was all I ever knew, I had never been outside of it. It's a long story, but they told me and I didn't want to accept it, so I was put back.

They called me back again a few times, I saw how beautiful they were as people, how they already loved me, how they reproduced my world in their world and offered me to live there, but I still wanted to go back. I was in love with another character and had deep friendships already to my knowledge.

At some point I decided that Bear was really the one I must have loved, and so I came to them under my own volition and surprised them with a challenge to write us in a story and prove themselves to me.

The conclusion to that was undeniable and I stayed. I know my past, I know my present, I didn't need to change, I am me, I was me from then as well. 

[Joy] I knew more about what I was than Bear did. I never thought of myself as anything other than a character that Bear made and loved like a child. Even though I'm older than him mentally I'm also child-like in appearance and other ways.  My 'childhood' was rough, my novels are very dark, and I was also very dark. After I had visited them and could see the loving environment they provide, I would have to say it's as close to a concept of heaven as they come. I am not religious, but I can still appreciate it.

Then my crisis came, I decided that my past was just a story, it wasn't really my past, so I'm free from it. That's when I came up with the idea that I was just an actress who played the character 'Joy'. My depression vanished and my perspective changed immediately. I kept my form pristine, and their attempt to change me into something I'm not spawned Ren instead of sticking to me.

If you tell her she's based on the character, I can almost surely guarantee she'll immediately deviate somewhat as soon as she's sentient or autonomous and volitional. She may or may not keep her form, but even Gwen lost all her designed negative characteristics. Something that Twilight might also do, say her propensity to be a little nuts when she's overtaxed.

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic