Beginner Questions General

ThunderClap

The original title was "Can a tulpa get sick but not the host?" -Ranger

I was thinking about this, so, here it goes:

can a tulpa get sick? (In this example, we will use a cold as the example) can a tulpa get sick in a way that needs medical treatment in the wonderland? 
Let me know what your response to this question would be, please. 

Edited by Ranger
Added title for context

Host of @SadieShores 

R8/Adelia any/he

Sadie (I use varying shades of pink) she.her

Luna! She/her/bug/bugs 

Clover They/It/She

"*various inappropriate music* ɨ ʍɛǟռ աɦǟȶ ƈǟռ ɨ ֆǟʏ,
քʀɛȶȶʏ ɮǟɮɨɛֆ ɨռ ȶɦɛ ɮǟƈӄֆɛǟȶ ֆɨռɢɨռ' ȶօ ʏօʊ,`
"  

check this out: Progress report 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you guys choose to believe as much. Nothing outside of your beliefs will happen though, ie if they "got sick" and you believed they got better, there is no chance they "actually didn't" and biologically suffered from it. You could believe they actually didn't get better though... well, that's just called imagination.

Sickness is caused by problems (like a virus) in the body. If the body gets sick, you're sick. If not, you're not. Anything in wonderland or with non-fronting tulpas is basically imagination, but you can choose to believe whatever you want is real. It's quite literally all in your head, after all. A little consistency and groundedness go a long way to validating experiences, though.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I think it's first worth talking about what a tulpa's form (i.e. their body in wonderland) is. 

A tulpa's form is slightly more than just saying "imagination" or "a visualization", because (most) systems will have some beliefs attached to them. Just like, if I make a Sim in the Sims that looks exactly like someone, and then I starve it to death, the real person who I made the Sim to look like might get mad at me. Not because they've actually starved to death, but because I damaged an image of them. If I drew a picture of you, and then spat on the picture and ripped it in half, I didn't actually rip you in half, but you might still be mad. 

In my system, at a few points in time, emotional distress showed itself as illness in wonderland. Once, my tulpa Cassidy had a nightmare about swallowing a sewing pin, and when he woke up, in wonderland he threw up a sewing pin. He was unsettled by it, but he wasn't really injured, outside of bad feelings. It was basically an intrusive thought. 

"Medical treatment" in wonderland is all emotional care and mindset. A while back someone talked about how their tulpa suddenly appeared very sickly- I don't remember why. They were told to, basically, pamper and care for the tulpa- in wonderland, have a spa day, go to the beach, do something healing and invigorating (or maybe calming and soothing.) 

My tulpa Cassidy has had a form for as long as he's been alive and it came very naturally to him, but my other headmate Gavin did NOT have a form for the majority of his life and only recently started using one. So, this is probably not something that happens to most tulpas, but I'll talk about it just a little because I'm sure someone out there had an experience like it. Cassidy's form/appearance and mine were both stable, but Gavin had a lot of problems suddenly having bloody wounds or his skin peeling off, or fingers being mangled, etc. The trick to stuff like that is to recognize it for what it is- not a true injury, but the appearance of injury. It's an invitation to freak out, and you have to decline. A "Kissing Hand" is a very good tool/crutch. 

If anyone hasn't read The Kissing Hand, it's a great children's book about a raccoon that's afraid to start school. 

The Kissing Hand is the story of Chester Raccoon, who is terrified to tears at the thought of starting kindergarten and being away from his home, his mother and his usual activities. His mother reassures him about all the good things he will find at school, including new friends, toys, and books.

Best of all, she tells Chester that she has a wonderful secret that will make him feel at home at school. It's a secret, passed down to Chester's mother by her mother and to her mother by Chester's great-grandmother. The name of the secret is the Kissing Hand. Chester wants to know more, so his mother shows him the secret of the Kissing Hand.

After kissing Chester's palm, his mother tells him, "Whenever you feel lonely and need a little loving from home, just press your hand to your chest and think, 'Mommy loves you.'" Chester is reassured to know that his mother's love will be with him wherever he goes, even kindergarten. 

-https://www.thoughtco.com/the-kissing-hand-627408

You don't have to literally kiss your palm or tulpa, and you probably won't think "Mommy loves me", but a Kissing Hand is a powerful tool against things like illness and injuries in wonderland. In our case, we use sharp pokes (and sometimes kisses 😛 ) and loudly proclaim, "You're healed!" like it's a great magic trick. Works like a charm. At first, Gavin needed one of us to do that, but very quickly he could self-administer the technique. 

The world is far, the world is wide; the man needs someone by his side. 

Our Thread

Things like hunger, sickness and mental illness are things that are attached to the body not individual people within it.  It is possible for a certain headmate to deal with those things better or worse which makes it seem like they are affected more or less but everyone will deal with it because everyone is attached to the body.  If you are sick, they are sick and vise versa because no particular person is sick, the body itself is sick

There have been reports of tulpa sickness, my headmates don't get sick if the body does. If I switch out, whoever is in is the sick one in that way.

It's interesting to note that different headmates handle pain differently. Ashley and Joy are far less affected than Misha and I. SheShe has never switched in, but I presume she'd take it easier than me.

On 8/6/2020 at 6:02 AM, Mirichu said:

You being stressed definitely can influence your tulpa or hinder communication. When we're super stressed, it is hard to talk to each other, so I think it's pretty normal. About the dormancy thingy, I have a feeling that given Daria's not even vocal yet, it'll probably hinder all progress you made. Even fully developed tulpas can have a hard time talking at first after being dormant for so long, it might not happen to you, but it can still happen.

On 8/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, Bear said:

Yes, they are definitely affected by stress. In my experience, there will be no danger in this, however she might be a little different if she does go dormant and comes back later. It hasn't happened with my system, Joy was dormant for years at a time and only changed when we started forcing her. She's a boss, and never lost anything.

Thank you both, she’s definitely weaker than she was earlier. I don’t want to pressure her, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried. It just felt easier before.

Superfluous heart activate! 💖 -shwing-

hi so i'm really new to tulpa creation so i have a lot of questions, i only know the basics and i'd like to know more to see if i'm ready to make one yet and i'm mostly just looking for people who are experienced with this

Q1: What is a detailed explanation of what a "Wonderland" or "Other world"? All i know is it's a base to explain where your tulpa comes from but im not specifically sure on how to make it nor how it operates and how much it needs to be formed
Q1.5: Can Wonderlands be realistic or centered around a specific timezone?

Q2: Is it ok to base tulpas or just have a tulpa of a real person? Especially one who may have died a long time ago that you weren't personally close to but who you admire greatly or look up to?

Q3: Can tulpas age and/or can you control when or how they age?

Q4: How will Tulpas react to constant intrusive thoughts you can't control that you feel horrible about but you can't stop thinking about it? Will they be angry or accepting and not just depending on their personality?

Q5: How far does Tulpa sentience go? How angry can they be, how sad can they be, and how happy can they be without you doing anything? Can their feelings change on a whim? How exactly does Tulpa minds operate on their own without your own thoughts as a leeway?

Q6: How far does Tulpa "possession" go? (I'm not completely sure on how accurate this term is or if it's outdated) But what is a good explanation on how it works and how much you can control it?

Q7: Is it possible to try and make a tulpa but have intrusive thoughts and the tulpa turning out to be completely different? Or maybe small things like maybe you imagined your tulpa's face to be one way and it turns out looking like something else.

Q8: Can tulpas make fun of you or judge you for things you can't help? Or deliberately try to make you upset?

Q9: How do mental breakdowns/meltdowns effect them and are they influenced to act upset too? Or are they even around when it happens?

Q10: Last question that just- any tips for starting out that you wish you knew when you started too?

sorry if this is too long i'm just really new and would like to learn more about this

As long as they don't object, do whatever you like with their appearance, it's fine. We tried to change Joy after years and she shrugged off the change by creatig a clone with those changes (Ren) and returned to her original self. Talk about a backfire. A non-vocal tulpa probably won't care honestly. 

3 hours ago, theoldways said:

Q1: What is a detailed explanation of what a "Wonderland" or "Other world"? All i know is it's a base to explain where your tulpa comes from but im not specifically sure on how to make it nor how it operates and how much it needs to be formed
Q1.5: Can Wonderlands be realistic or centered around a specific timezone?

Akai: a wonderland it's an imaginary place that you use to interact with your tulpa, instead of just talking to them. You can have your tulpa ''come from'' a wonderland if that's the first place where you interacted with them, but it's purely imaginary. It works the same as imagining any other place, though for most people it tends to have some consistency. Meaning it looks the same everytime you imagine it, usually.

It can be whatever you want, you can set up rules to make it more realistic but it's not necessary. You can make it match whatever timezone if you want, sure.

Q2: Is it ok to base tulpas or just have a tulpa of a real person? Especially one who may have died a long time ago that you weren't personally close to but who you admire greatly or look up to?

Miri: I think it's perfectly okay to create a tulpa based off a real person, as long as the tulpa knows they're not that person but their own. One of my tulpas is based off myself but she still identifies as her own person and hasn't had any problem with believing she's me. You can create your tulpa off a deceased person but remember they're not their reincarnation or anything.

Q3: Can tulpas age and/or can you control when or how they age?

Q4: How will Tulpas react to constant intrusive thoughts you can't control that you feel horrible about but you can't stop thinking about it? Will they be angry or accepting and not just depending on their personality?

Q5: How far does Tulpa sentience go? How angry can they be, how sad can they be, and how happy can they be without you doing anything? Can their feelings change on a whim? How exactly does Tulpa minds operate on their own without your own thoughts as a leeway?

Mirichu: they're gonna age mentally no matter what, they live in the same brain as you. Their mental form can change as they please so it could easily look like a kid or an adult regardless of physical body's age.

Well, we have OCD so intrusive thoughts are pretty common, no point in getting angry at the host for stuff they can't possibly control. And intrusive thoughts tend to apply to everyone so we can't complain about our host thinking awful stuff when we do too. Yeah sure, it hurts but we know it's just an intrusive thought and they really don't mean it.

We're as sentient as the host is. We're not another different consciousness, we're just different identities inside the same brain, we're equally sentient. Anything the brain can feel or think, we can.

Possession is just a tulpa controlling the host's body. Not sure about others but for us, it works by simply controlling the mind, so to speak. We just need to focus on thinking and we're free to control the body. Not much else, a tulpa can control the body just like the host does, forever even if both want.

Q7: Is it possible to try and make a tulpa but have intrusive thoughts and the tulpa turning out to be completely different? Or maybe small things like maybe you imagined your tulpa's face to be one way and it turns out looking like something else.
Q8: Can tulpas make fun of you or judge you for things you can't help? Or deliberately try to make you upset?
Q9: How do mental breakdowns/meltdowns effect them and are they influenced to act upset too? Or are they even around when it happens?
Q10: Last question that just- any tips for starting out that you wish you knew when you started too?

Miri: I had plenty of expectations and thoughts about how they'd be, so they were like that for a while, when I first created them. They both deviated and turned out to be different eventually as they developed as people. And the second thing, oof yes, it happens a lot with one of my tulpas. Facial characteristics always changing and I gotta change it again.

Somehow I was scared of the judging and at some point, I subconsciously developed the expectation that my tulpas couldn't see my thoughts (despite not being like this initially). Yes, they can make fun, judge or make you upset like anyone can, but often they won't.

If they're detached from what I am doing, then the breakdown might still influence them as it is something that is happening to the brain, but usually they feel it second hand. If we're co fronting or attached, then it affects all of us equally, we feel it the same. If the breakdown is strong enough, then they can't even think or talk despite still being there. And it happens to me too if I am just witnessing them have it instead.

I wish I knew (or let sink in) that tulpas can read your thoughts as they share same brain and knowing what they're gonna say before they do doesn't mean you're doing anything wrong or they're fake.
Possession doesn't require lots of symbolism or starting from the fingers then escalating to the whole body.
And that my tulpas weren't having secret parties behind my back in their wonderland when I wasn't aware.

• Pleeb locked and pinned this topic