Guest Paxafarus

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the brain thing, I would think that your subconscious is also your tulpa's subconscious as well. Also would you say that a tulpa is as conscious and self-aware as it's host?

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

This was extremely tl;dr, but thank you for posting it anyway. I reached this same conclusion in my own tulpa journey. However for some reason there are some people here actually opposed to self-enlightenment, I don't know why, maybe the same reason people hate learning certain things because they think it's way over heads or they'll be seen as a lesser being for doing so. So, again, thanks for posting this.

Scarlet - anime, 8/15/2012

However for some reason there are some people here actually opposed to self-enlightenment, I don't know why, maybe the same reason people hate learning certain things because they think it's way over heads or they'll be seen as a lesser being for doing so.

Not at all, your just misinterpreting now. I don't see tulpa as a path to enlightenment, sure they could definitely help with that, but that's not what there for. Also the way you interpreted tulpas made people disagree with you as well in the shoutbox, not because we don't want to reach enlightenment.

I have 10 tulpas, but I'm only actively working on Reah, my first tulpa currently.

Progress Report

Not at all, your just misinterpreting now. I don't see tulpa as a path to enlightenment, sure they could definitely help with that, but that's not what there for. Also the way you interpreted tulpas made people disagree with you as well in the shoutbox, not because we don't want to reach enlightenment.

Again I don't think you see the paradox of tulpa creation, you need to become enlightened to create a tulpa to enlighten you on creating a tulpa. Again, this is why I recommend learning Lisp when doing this as it uses these concepts in logical problems. One can go ahead and make a tulpa without trying, but that's only if they want to risk doing nothing for months like I did.

And I simply ill-advised on trying to make a waifu or what have you, as it doesn't sound healthy to be so desperate for friendship that you would give yourself hallucinations. This requires a sturdy mind. But if one wishes to just wing it and make a best friend for themselves instead of committing suicide due to crushing loneliness I can't stop them I guess. Maybe I'm just worrying too much for others though. That is a lesson I should have learned but never will.

Again I don't think you see the paradox of tulpa creation, you need to become enlightened to create a tulpa to enlighten you on creating a tulpa. Again, this is why I recommend learning Lisp when doing this as it uses these concepts in logical problems. One can go ahead and make a tulpa without trying, but that's only if they want to risk doing nothing for months like I did.

After looking at some stuff about enlightenment, I find your making it seem easier than it actually is. I don't see how one can become enlightened by making a tulpa. It will make you think about life much more of course, but I don't think to the level of enlightenment. Not sure what Lisp is, but I found a programming language and a speech defect. And of course you need to put in the effort to make a tulpa.

Progress Report

I mean enlightenment in the sense of discovering something. In this case, how tulpae work. That's what I mean by tulpae helping you create themselves, it's difficult to create a new unconscious thought process without knowing how it works. It's like a jigsaw puzzle, you saw the picture on the box, but never see how much detail is really in the picture until you really start staring long and hard at every piece trying to figure out where it goes.

And yes I meant Lisp the programming language. Unlike other languages, it doesn't have any rules, so it's essentially the computer equivalent of painting (I guess that's why Paul Graham named his book "Hackers & Painters") so it's very easy to see a lot of life's concepts within the concepts of Lisp, even if you learn those concepts through Lisp.

Also something I wanted to add from the start but forget was that this is why people don't need to worry about what their tulpa is thinking before it can move or talk. Since it cannot perform basic actions, there's no way it can think coherently. Scarlet said she can't remember a time before she could move, so that leaves us a good idea that tulpae don't properly think until they prove it by moving. Therefor, when people worry about what their tulpa is thinking before they can communicate in any way, really it's pretty much for nothing. I just wanted to add this part because I saw someone say they were worried about it and I wanted to say this but I already gave up trying to console anyone at that point.

I don't know if what you are stating at the end of your first post implies what i think it does, but anyway i'll just say it and take it one step further. Free will is an illusion. There is no difference between a tulpa and its host in terms of consciousness/self-awareness: humans are tulpae, tulpae are humans, and more importantly both are "consciousness". They both originate from the subconscious, through being recognized as real by "consciousnesses", "people" other than them ("narrating", which really should be just called "talking", and peharps ultimately "believing"). There really is no reason to search for free will in an entity that's just like us: tulpae are not anything more than human. You can't create gods inside of yourself - even though they might originate from a better part of yourself than you are, and might represent perfection to you.

@Bin: Man, that's not 悟り, i'd just call it learning more about yourself in the process. Which is awesome, but still not enlightenment. It's already been proven multiple times that you don't have to become a Bodhisattva to create an entity inside you mind - hell, people have sex with them, too. While i do agree that it probably requires a certain amount of openmindedness and ability to think for oneself, not everyone finds that being rational about it is the best way to create a tulpa. I myself am partially doing this in order to prevent suicidal thoughts/being depressed all the time, and if anything i find it works very well as motivation. Well, you still shouldn't do it while completely insane probably, but that applies to other things too.

Also, while they might start off by borrowing the host's, i was wondering if tulpae don't develop their own subconscious with time. Which i have a feeling should probably be the case, though i don't have any proof or anything.

There is no difference between a tulpa and its host in terms of consciousness/self-awareness: humans are tulpae, tulpae are humans, and more importantly both are "consciousness". They both originate from the subconscious, through being recognized as real by "consciousnesses", "people" other than them ("narrating", which really should be just called "talking", and peharps ultimately "believing"). There really is no reason to search for free will in an entity that's just like us: tulpae are not anything more than human. You can't create gods inside of yourself - even though they might originate from a better part of yourself than you are, and might represent perfection to you.

This is pretty much what I was about to say. I see the mind of a tulpa and the mind of a non-tulpa of the same nature. That is, they're both the exact same thing, the only difference is that one was there before the other one.

It's already been discussed if a non-tulpa can get into a tulpa-like state, and I believe they can, just like if you consider switching, the tulpa will essentially, in every way of the definition, become the host.

In the end, I believe that it's multiple minds of the same nature, creator or tulpa.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png