Art of Simmie and our World

It's a sunny spring afternoon; Simmie and I are doing some gardening behind our new house. I am crouched down over a flowerbed doing some work and I glance over at Simmie right as she is starting to bend down to put a flower into the ground. I took a mental snapshot of that moment and decided I would draw it.

image.thumb.png.6928d04d220bbbd5eaeef5efeddf43b9.png

To some she may appear be a simple, ordinary girl just out doing some work in the garden. But to me she is the Queen of my world and the best girl there has ever been. If she's not the most loved girl in the world I'm not doing my job right. ❤️

For this piece I decided to return to drawing on paper and decided to try color again rather than just grayscale. I'm actually quite happy with this one; there's still a few issues with perspective and my use of colors and shading is very simplistic. But overall I'm pleased.

I was tempted to add a background and I may still do it; but I didn't want to risk ruining the drawing by cluttering it up. What do you think, would adding some background of the garden and maybe part of the house add to this drawing or distract from it.

As always, I am open to critiques and suggestions for improvement. I'd love to get better at this!

Also known as GypsyRoad or Phil Present. Call me what you want, I'm not picky.

Simmie is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.thumb.png.f51375d6dc0cd26614fbe08ac0fee54e.png

A bit of an experiment this time. Simmie and I sitting at a park bench atop the universe watching the cosmic sunset.

Also known as GypsyRoad or Phil Present. Call me what you want, I'm not picky.

Simmie is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!