Memory Reference

Grimm

Hello, I am still very new to all of this but we had a question that I wasn't sure how to search for.

To start I am not sure if my Tulpa, Giovanni, is vocal. There was an incident, months ago, where early in the morning I heard a voice whisper to me. It wasn't in my head but like right next to my ear, where they could have breathed on me. Truthfully I was spooked by it. I do not remember what it said just the tone of the voice, like a heavy smoker or something close in roughness. It was only later that I reasoned it could have been Giovanni but I have not been able to get a straight answer on  it. Since then he is reluctant to open his mouth to speak. Could it have been? Is that what vocalization can sound like/ feel like?

Secondly, We have been mildly forceing through the day when we started to talk about fronting. We've been doing that exercise where you have you memory as a library and they can go through and view memories. Giovanni made a reference that forcing could look/ feel like the Emotion Bottles from the show The Magicians.  (In the show they trap their emotions in a bottle so they can make unrestrained decisions, sort of.) I thought that was really clever.

We have not watched the show together nor talked about it before, but we do talk about magic and similar genres. Is this behavior be considered a reflection of sentience? 

50 minutes ago, Grimm said:

Could it have been? Is that what vocalization can sound like/ feel like?

That sounds more like vocal imposition, but it can be interpreted as a form of vocality. However, tulpas can also communicate with their own mindvoice.

Congratulations!

50 minutes ago, Grimm said:

We have not watched the show together nor talked about it before, but we do talk about magic and similar genres. Is this behavior be considered a reflection of sentience? 

A tulpa has access to all of your memories. Otherwise, they wouldn't understand English or be able to hold a competent conversation at all.

How you view sentience really varies depending on how you think tulpas work. Some believe their tulpas are not sentient until they're older, some don't believe in sentience until their tulpa is vocal, and some believe in sentience from the start but generally see freshly made tulpas as baby tulpas.

It depends on what makes the most sense to you.

I'm not sure if I completely understood what you mean by "memory reference" or not.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

1 minute ago, Ranger said:

That sounds more like vocal imposition, but it can be interpreted as a form of vocality.

Are they not the same? I understand vocal imposition. How is vocality different from that?

Usually vocality means you achieved verbal communication with your tulpa. Some people think that means their tulpa has to impose their voice, but more people interpret this to mean communicating via mindvoice.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Okay, I understand. Mindvoice is less startling compared to imposition. Maybe we can get to that one day.

Thank you for clarifying this for me.