community feedback survey

That's an age old question isn't it? Does the bad artist ruin the good art?

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Glaurung26 said:

That's an age old question isn't it? Does the bad artist ruin the good art?

There's a reason why I mentioned that I'm not sure if said bigot's bigotry and hatred seeped into their guide. Because in cases like J.K Rowling, her bigotry is evident in her writing while with something like Minecraft, Notch's bigotry didn't affect it like Rowling's did. Because like, the person I'm talking about was so vitriolic towards non-Tulpamancy systems that they had to be banned from r/Tulpas because of it, which I do have the screenshots for and other evidence of this person's actions.

Hi, I like reading guides.

I also write guides; check out my guide here:
Tulpamancy: Guide into the Strange and Wonderful

authorthingy(galaxysandhorizontal).png.63180e0a60be1f3e36943e24d1a92189.png

there's nothing wrong with something if there's nothing wrong with it, no reason to get meta over it

the only reason you should censor/whatever something with a bad creator is if it somehow is benefitting them in a way that allows them to do more harm, or if it like, links to a site/twitter/discord/etc. of theirs I guess?

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

32 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

So we're witch-hunting and cancelling people with opinions we dislike now?

You're not getting it. The person I'm talking about does more than have different opinions; they have done legitimately harmful things to multiple people because of their bigotry. And I never said anything about witch-hunting them. Why do you think I'm specifically asking Ranger who is reorganizing the guides if a truly legitimate scumbag who has harmed people in this community falls under the criteria for having their stuff be moved to drafts under "this guide is inherently racist" before even saying who they are?

10 hours ago, Lucilyn said:

the only reason you should censor/whatever something with a bad creator is if it somehow is benefitting them in a way that allows them to do more harm, or if it like, links to a site/twitter/discord/etc. of theirs I guess?

Actually, yes in fact, their resources do include links to their Discord server. Fell for that years ago and instantly regretted it, so yes, those resources put people in direct contact with them.

okay, then if they're actually really bad or dangerous then there's good reason to remove things like discord links and stuff

but.. then it gets complicated because like, it's not fair to not give someone credit for their creation even if they're bad people, so would it be fair to just remove links to their other stuff/social media? or would we have to remove the entire guide?

I don't really know, someone else's gotta decide

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Yeah, who is to decide this?

A single user based on personal opinions who believes to have the authority to order people 'what language to use' and to decide who is a 'bigot', 'racist' or 'scumbag' and which content is 'harmful' and thus needs to be removed? And the whole sexual harassment of thoughtforms thing is completely over the top as well. Is this really what we need in this community?

Surely there's a lot of questionable advice in guides that needs to be pointed out. Faqman told us we can't change a tulpa's outfit if we don't visualize them naked first. But do we need to eradicate his guide because of that? That's book-burning statue-toppling tier. People had different opinions back then, people have different opinions now. Yes, some are foolish, and that's ok. If you take any guide regarding tulpamancy as undeniable fact you're beyond help anyway. We don't need nannies streamlining opinions under the guise of political correctness. The whole thing comes off as some purge by a radical zealot.

27 minutes ago, Lucilyn said:

okay, then if they're actually really bad or dangerous then there's good reason to remove things like discord links and stuff

You can't because of the format of the guide I'm talking about, that's the problem.

10 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

A single user based on personal opinions who believes to have the authority to order people 'what language to use' and to decide who is a 'bigot', 'racist' or 'scumbag' and which content is 'harmful' and thus needs to be removed?

I don't know, man, but I do think this place has a responsibility to at least try and keep innocent people out of the hands of actual goddamn abusers. I say this person falls under the definition of scumbag and abuser because their actions match the definition of the word, not because I'm somehow 'superior' or higher for not being like them.

11 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

And the whole sexual harassment of thoughtforms thing is completely over the top as well.

So if I'm reading this right, you're equating tulpas to fictional characters in terms of their ability to give consent... yikes, dude, and saying it's "completely over the top"? You do realize that sexual abuse of tulpas is a very real and prevalent thing in the community, right? Really bad idea to downplay it like that.

15 minutes ago, Yakumo said:

Surely there's a lot of questionable advice in guides that needs to be pointed out.

There's a difference between "questionable advice" and "advice" that flat-out harms people like telling someone to stop taking their medication or when a guide author who isn't even a psychologist tries to armchair diagnose people or give them medical advice when they are not medical professionals, nor are their readers their patients. Can Ranger please reply to this? Like, I asked the original question a while ago and have gotten no consensus on it.

I'm with Yakumo on this. Regardless of the author, research is research, history is history, people are people. You shouldn't erase any of those things, no matter how offensive they may be. Silencing others, regardless of what views they hold, is wrong.

If you really think the guide is that bad, then maybe the mods could put on a little advisory saying something like "This is spicy content, user discretion is advised". 

To Darron's point, we gotta ask, "Does the bad artist ruin the good art?" I can't speak on the validity or content of the guide(I'll check it out later) but guess what? We still keep literal Nazi propaganda around and available. Why? History! Erasing history isn't good, period. That guide may be dubious, but that's okay. I say we keep that guide right where it is. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

Yet again, everyone seems to be missing the point: as Ranger said themself, moving a guide to drafts is not deleting it, nor is it permanently stuck there. They specifically asked if there are any guides that warrant being moved to drafts due to containing legitimately harmful advice or "this guide is inherently racist." I don't know where the hell Ranger is, but it would be wonderful if they could reply here to state this themself. Oh, wait, I can ping them here, so I'm going to do that because I believe their input is sorely needed.

@Ranger

4 hours ago, IceCreeper909 said:

To Darron's point, we gotta ask, "Does the bad artist ruin the good art?" I can't speak on the validity or content of the guide(I'll check it out later) but guess what? We still keep literal Nazi propaganda around and available. Why? History! Erasing history isn't good, period. That guide may be dubious, but that's okay. I say we keep that guide right where it is. 

Hm, sorry, but there's a difference between historic documents talking about the atrocities nazis committed and why they're an incredibly dark part of humanity's history and just flat-out leaving nazi propaganda around for people to read without the warning or context. And I never said anything about deleting "history" (a tulpa guide being compared to nazi history in terms of importance is SENDING me) or even the guide I'm talking about. Like, seriously, I haven't mentioned this guide by name and the person who made it, so what guide are you gonna look at?

• Ranger unpinned this topic