community feedback survey

I'm getting kinda tired of everyone arguing different points and missing others' points entirely

if the staff thinks Kopase's videos linking to the Tulpa Central discord is a serious issue, then they should put a warning about it in his guide or something, but if the guides are fine (idk I'm not watching/reading all that) they shouldn't be moved out of Guides

it's not really fair to ask anything like this of Kopase either so it's really just on us to add a disclaimer about the third party place if we want to

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sorry for the break, I got caught up and busy with some other things. I'm excited to be able to focus on this again but I'm not going to guarantee fast progress anytime soon.

One of the things I'm planning on doing is adding a dedicated section of guides to "just do it" guides. Casually mentioning it in LOTPW (I linked Bre's post because that's where the discussion really starts) and on Discord has already generated some discussion so I figured I should post it here so people don't miss out and I can go over exactly what I'm planning at the moment.

I believe "just do it" (JDI) guides are both an important part of guide history and are often underrepresented because they're not as detailed as dedicated guides and they rarely get accepted as guides. Given that I believe the philosophy of "just do it" can help a great deal of people, I think it would be worthwhile to give JDI guides their own dedicated section.

I believe a JDI guide is any guide that teaches a mindset or multiple mindsets but doesn't elaborate on a detailed process for how to achieve something since the idea is the reader can figure that out on their own. A couple of examples are "force more" and "stop if you're not having fun". JDI guides are typically very short but they can be longer to elaborate on the mindset presented. The difference between a JDI guide vs a Tips & Tricks guide is a Tips & Tricks will give more details on what to do (here's a tip: force in the morning so you knock it out early!) vs (just force more). 

I believe JDI guides are more likely to be repetitive and multiple people will submit similar guides. I think this is okay because I think the goal of a JDI guide isn't the content as much as the mindset and the delivery of that mindset. The name of the game is to make it easy to understand or to get you to to think about it a particular way, not to instruct you on how to do it. Therefore, I think having a sub board dedicated to these and looser rules on duplication/plagiarism would be nice. The catch is since JDI guides are likely to be numerous and repetitive, each individual guide won't get their own listing on the list of guides.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 2 weeks later...

As I said on Discord, the idea of having a section dedicated to "Just Do It" guides or JDI guides for short was poorly received. I did notice at least one person interested in the idea however, and I figure it would be so harmless to try that maybe putting it out there wouldn't hurt anything. I figured after two weeks (or as Zen pointed out maybe a bit longer) of no activity in the new board it can get taken down and the new threads can be moved to the Tulpa Discussion board instead.

I hit a snag worried about checking the guide list and I figured out a solution for that. I wanted to do something fancy using code, but after looking into scraping or writing code for the forums directly, all of my options were terrible. Tulpa.info does not want to be scraped, and I do not want to get banned trying. I realized that thanks to IPB sucking, there's no easy or convenient way for me to write a script to check guides either. We may be a Com Sci major now but we're not a seasoned php developer, nor am I an admin of the forums. Instead, I think the more reasonable solution is to throw up the white flag on this approach, take the guide list I (with some help) checked manually, and ask you guys to keep an eye out for any guides I missed. I did check this list technically twice, but most of the checking I did took place back in February, what was left I don't feel like rechecking and that happened even longer ago. Please ping me if you see any guides whose OP's look like "-------".

With that being said, the other snag was I wanted to do some huge update where I have everything sorted out and ready to present. There are a few missing pieces, but I do have a lot of already finished crap back from February and I don't think it's doing anyone any favors collecting dust for months.

So here's what I have so far, after making a couple of changes here and there:

The Working Board Description Blerbs

This is what you will see when you see the board preview on the homepage

Spoiler

Guides:

This section contains user-submitted guides. To learn more about the guides board, please go here (link).

Tips, Tricks, & Resources:

This section contains user-submitted tips & tricks and resource guides. To learn more about the tips, tricks, & resources board, please go here (link).

Just Do It:

This section contains user-submitted "just do it" type guides. To learn more about the "just do it" board, please go here (link).

Articles:

This section contains user-submitted articles. To learn more about the articles board, please go here (link).

Drafts:

This section contains raw guide content written by users. To learn more about the drafts board, please go here (link).

Guide Discussion:

Public discussion about the UpVote/Draft guide system or guides in general.

The Working Guide Guidelines OP (A pinned thread)

Spoiler

These guidelines cover what each guide type is by providing their descriptions, the expectations of each guide category, and the guide creation guidelines:

Guide Descriptions

When posting your submission, make sure you are posting to the correct board. If you post in the wrong board, your submission will be moved to the correct one.

Guides: The Guides board contains user-submitted guides that teach how to perform and develop tulpa related skills and mindsets. Guides tend to be longer passages that go in-depth into their topic, typically providing examples and sometimes providing sample exercises. Guides may also incorporate the author's detailed opinions and provide dedicated resources. It should be noted a guide does not have to be solely about any general tulpamancy topic (i.e. possession), it can still be an in-depth walkthrough on a general technique. For example, a guide dedicated to possession positions may go over the importance of this topic, the pros and cons of different positions, examples of and how to achieve different positions, advice for coming up with your own positions, and so on. General or creation guides tend to be the longest guides. Unlike other guides, creation guides tend to give a general overview of various tulpa-related skills and milestones.

Tips, Tricks, & Resources: The Tips, Tricks, & Resources board contains user-submitted tips & tricks guides and resource guides. When submitting a guide for this board, please specify Tips & Tricks or Resources, not both.

Tips & Tricks guides teach tulpa-related skills and mindsets without going too in-depth. These submissions tend to be brief and focus on a specific helpful mindset, offer an unusual but helpful approach to a specific skill, or offer other helpful information to make developing other skills easier. For example, a Tips & Tricks submission may be advising the tulpamancer to sit a table when practicing arm possession. Tips & Tricks submissions are not in-depth enough to be guides dedicated to the discussed skill.

Resource guides provide tools or links to other resources to assist tulpamancers. These submissions normally don't teach the tulpa-related skill they are designed to assist with; These are dedicated aids not walk-throughs. For instance, a resource submission may be a list of pictures of what positions a tulpamancer can try while doing possession, but this submission won't teach you how to do possession. At the time of writing, there are not enough recourse guides to have their own dedicated board, which is why they share a board with Tips & Tricks guides.

Just Do It: The "Just Do It" board contains user-submitted "just do it" (or JDI for short) styled guides aimed at teaching tulpa related mindsets. JDI guides are typically the shortest guides with some being a few words long. JDI guide authors expect tulpamancers only need the necessary mindset to perform the given tulpa-related skill and can figure out the rest on their own. For example, a JDI guide submission for possession positions may be, "Just don't sit funny". JDI guides are more about the delivery and wording of the mindset rather than the content, so submissions may be very similar and repetitive. For this reason, JDI guides will not have their own individual listings in the List of Guides.

Articles: The Articles board contains user-submitted articles discussing tulpamancy. Articles tend to be persuasive or informational essays covering tulpa related topics or the tulpa community. For example, an article on possession positions may go over which positions the author has observed and their observations about each position. While articles sometimes argue to embrace specific advice, articles typically focus more on the why advice is important in a broader community sense rather than try and teach their reader that advice.

Drafts: The Drafts board contains unfinished submissions that either the author wishes to further revise or need further revision before being moved to one of the other guide boards.

Guide Categories

Submissions are given guide categories to make them easier to find or search for. Guides and Tips & Tricks submissions in the List of Guides(link) are sorted by guide category. As of now, Articles and Resources are not due to the lack of submissions. Additionally, guide categories are also tags the author can add to their submission. The forums have an advanced search feature where you can search for threads based on their tag alone.

When you submit your guide, make sure you say "submitted for ___" or explain what category best fits your guide. If there is disagreement, discussion on where it should go will determine its ultimate placement. Otherwise, a staff member will use their discretion and provide a category.

This forum supports multiple tags, and a guide may fit in more than one category. To address this, guides may have up to three relevant tags including the primary guide category for the List of Guides placement.

Here are the following guide categories:

General: Guides that help you through the whole process of creating a tulpa

Personality: For those who wish to create a personality for their tulpa, look no further

Sentience: Getting your tulpa to the point where they seem to act and think on their own, or help getting past the points where you are unsure or worried

Vocality: Tips on how you might be able to hear your tulpa's voice

Forcing: Stuck when actually trying to create your tulpa? These might help

Focus & Concentration: Guides on how to focus properly in the creation process, for those who are having difficulties. Includes meditation techniques.

Narration: Narration touches on how to talk to and with your tulpa, with some tips as to what you might talk about if you have run out of ideas

Visualization: Help in how to improve the mind's eye

Imposition: Learning to sense and hallucinate your tulpa in the real world

Possession: Aiding the tulpa and host to let the tulpa to take control of the body

Switching: Taking possession one step further and allowing the host to completely detach themselves as the tulpa takes full control on their own

Wonderland: Tips that mostly deals with creating or controlling your imaginary mindscape

Misc: Miscellaneous guides and tips that don't fit anywhere else

Note: Some tags have brackets around them, such as [general]. This is a side effect from transitioning the forums from myBB to Invision Power Board. Right now, I am using these prefixes to help me keep track of submissions that may need back-ups. In the meantime, if you want to search for a guide, make sure you also search for the bracketed version as well.

Guide Creation Guidelines

Guides should adhere to these guidelines. If these guidelines are not satisfied, a submission can either be edited by a staff member to fulfil these guidelines, be moved back to the Drafts board, and/or receive moderation action depending on the violation.

1. Submissions should adhere to Tulpa.info's rules.

2. Each submission should be posted in the correct board. A staff member may move your submission to the correct one otherwise. Early drafts should be posted in the Drafts board.

3. Off-site linking or third party document links (such as Google Docs) are allowed, either because the submission is long or because it was originally published elsewhere, as long as

• The website or link does not contain malicious software (i.e. viruses) and is secure.
  • The full guide can be accessed on the forum itself OR a copy of the guide must be provided as a forum attachment.
  • If it is a blog that contains NSFW or otherwise rule-breaking material but the page with the guide itself does not, a warning should be provided.

4. Advertising is acceptable as long as it is minimal, does not distract from content, and also brings some additional value to a system's tulpamancy experience. Paywalls to content are not allowed.

A note on older guides: Some older guides do not satisfy all of these guidelines. If there is a guide missing back-ups, please go to this thread to report it (link to guide back-ups) or PM me and I will fix it. Otherwise, if a guide is violating the other guidelines, please follow the Revision Request procedures here (link to Revision Request system)

The List Of Guides OP (Pinned Thread)

It's not ready yet, sorry.

The last list I made is outdated, I haven't organized it accounting for Tips, Tricks, & Resources, and I made different decisions on how the request review system works, thus affecting the placement of certain guides. I'll need to spend a good amount of time to clean this up and with the current edits I'm making this is already taking awhile to write out.

The UpVote/Draft System OP (A pinned thread)

This post is not finished. I have an outline of what I have so far and a flowchart:

Spoiler

The UpVote/Draft System

Goals: The goals of this guide curation system are to reduce post anxiety, filter guides by popular vote, encourage authors to revise their work, and offer the bare minimum protection for beginners.

The process in short...

• A guide author can choose to post in Guides or Drafts
  • Guides in the Guides board are filtered by upvotes.
  • Submissions in Drafts cannot be upvoted
  • Authors can request a move to Guides when ready or to Drafts for any reason
  • Problematic guides are subject to the Revision Request system.

Outline

• Introduction
    • Explain that guides are being filtered
    • What does this system do? (Filters guides, goals)
    • Flowchart
  • Overview of Goals
    • Link to why the GAT failed
    • Ellaborate on reducing post anxiety
  • Submitting to Guides
    • Can post directly in this boars
    • An overview of the guide boards, guide guidelines, and a link
    • Guides are filtered by upvotes
  • Submitting to Drafts
    • Submissions cannot be upvoted
    • Can be used to keep rougher feedback separate from the guide and not punished for raw ideas
  • Requesting to move a submission
    • From Drafts to Guides
    • From Guides to Drafts
  • The Revision Request System
    • Brief overview
    • Link to more detailed explanation
  • Conclusion

image.png

The Revision Request System OP (A pinned thread)

This post is also not finished. Here is what I have so far:

Spoiler

The Revision Request System

This system…

• Allows users to report problematic guides
  • Provides guidelines for how the staff will review guides
  • Is designed to encourage and reward revision

The process in short:

• A user reports a problematic guide in the guide's thread
  • The staff will decide if the guide in question warrants a guide review or not
  • If so, the staff will conduct a guide review
  • If the guide achieves a 70% disapproval rate, the guide will be moved to drafts with feedback on how to fix the guide
  • After changes are made, the author can either create a new guide thread or have the old one moved to Community Guides.

One of the common complaints about the previous GAT was old guides with problematic advice or methodologies were not handled properly. With this system, the goal is to provide the bare minimum protection against toxic or harmful advice while discouraging spiteful complaints, working with the limited time resources the staff can provide, and encouraging the guide author to revise their work. While this system is far from perfect and is not designed to completely resolve the core issue, it may be good enough given the lack of a GAT and possibly make progress where the former GAT could not.

image.png

(Ugly) Working Staff Review Guidelines OP (Pinned thread)

The rules staff members should be following when reviewing guides:

Spoiler

Staff Review Guidelines

If a submission is reported to be problematic, the staff will review it and provide feedback. This post outlines guidelines staff members should follow when reviewing guides. If you would like to see more on the Request Review system as a whole, please go here (link).

While reviewing and responding to reported guides, the staff are expected to do the following:

• Apply moderation if the submission violates Tulpa.info's guidelines
  • Focus on investigating the reported issue. If the guide is long, the majority of the guide may not be read
  • State their position on the reported issue.
  • Provide feedback on how to resolve the problem
  • And abide by these guidelines, but can provide optional additional feedback on grammar, content, etc.
  • Staff review sessions may take awhile. Given the staff has other duties, there is no set deadline for completing a review. If the staff is really busy, a review session could take months
  • Staff are not expected to provide in-depth reviews on a submission's methods or claims but if they do, cannot hold a submission back unless the content is highly problematic. A guide method with weird or silly ideas should not be held back unless the guide is deemed satirical or breaks rules such as advocating self-harm.
  • While staff can provide feedback on grammar and structure, this cannot hold back a guide unless the submission is hard to read. A gid wit bad formeting n speli errors can be **illejabule** and if stractur is like OMG!!! so bad bad :( distrectud it can be held back.

Given all of that, what's left is:

• Ironing out the policies (like... how many staff members are actually expected to review a guide for any given review session)
  • Finishing the essays describing these systems (and if necessary, simplifying things further)
  • Actually updating the list of guides 
  • And then once all of that is done, getting people to test the new system
Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

This is a post I wanted to have as its own stand alone thread but I honestly see no point in doing that. I wrote this post back in January, but given the recent discussion on Discord on having a new guide approval system I think it's worth dusting off:

The Guide Approval Team (GAT) concept has been created and disbanded twice now, and any potential third attempt at recreating the GAT should be aware of the potential problems they may face. The idea of having a GAT formed when people wanted to filter out bad guides from the good ones. After suffering through several issues and a lack of interest, the GAT dwindled until only Waffles remained as the last GAT member. Unfortunately, aside from the criticism from the public complaining the GAT tended to be overly harsh and nitpicky, there is very little I can tell you about the original GAT and why it fell apart. Afterwards, a new smaller team of 7 GAT members was created in attempt to curate guides again. However, like the first, it disbanded. I was the last GAT member and manager, and I'm going to go over the problems with the second GAT attempt. If there is interest in creating a new guide curation system, whether it be the GAT or something else, I hope these issues are carefully considered before the new system is established.

There were several issues with the second attempt, but they mostly boiled down to these four things:

• Poor planning and organization. The newest attempt was conceptualized by the new team day 1 and policies were added and edited in the moment. Several issues on how to run the GAT and what the policies were came up, including how the approval system worked, what the GAT managers and GAT members had authority on, if the GAT had to be exactly 7 members, an odd number of members, etc. (I kid you not), if we could have substitutes, if GAT member participation for every review was mandatory or not, the guidelines for reviewing a revision, and how to address guides the community had a problem with were constantly debated and occasionally had policy hammered out but not always. While some policies like the advertising policy couldn't have been seen in advance, several of these other issues could have and GAT members struggled with bureaucracy and policy fatigue. If there is a new attempt at reviving the GAT, most of the major policies need to be hammered out before day 1.
  • Communication issues. Things moved really fast and with several changes thanks to the poor planning and poor organization, but communication breakdowns with the community, staff, and within the GAT itself also existed. The Tulpa.info staff moves slowly in general, and they could not catch up with the GAT despite the fact I and the other former manager were or were soon to be staff members. Additionally, while the GAT made efforts to reach out to the community and get feedback, the community was frustrated and felt like they couldn't contribute to the new system. Establishing how the Tulpa.info staff and the community contribute to and or interact with both the curation team and system ahead of time will be critical to avoiding these breakdowns. Additionally, internal communication suffered as well. There was little internal organization, and GAT members struggled with waking up to 50+ new Discord messages and either having to read everything or miss out on important information. A system for relaying and keeping track of important information will be critical to prevent communication breakdowns internally.
  • Drama. Since the GAT was mostly private, it became a hot spot for conspiracy theories on server politics and extreme views on how to run the GAT. The GAT was stressful, demeaning, and toxic. Negotiation was difficult not only because of extreme views but also because of crazy things like plans to go on a guide disapproval rampage, making it even harder to pass policy. Some members dropped out due to server politics and personal issues. I see one of the simplest ways to avoid this is to have a mostly if not completely public curation team to discourage 'behind closed doors' talk and call out extreme views on the spot.
  • Burn out. Uncertainty on what the GAT represents or does, constant negative feedback from the community, and all of the other issues lead to burn out. GAT members felt they were not getting what they needed (whether they were overworked or underworked) and struggled with the idea they were doing more harm than good for the community. The large time investment was a thankless job and it was what served as the final nail in the coffin. After creating a feedback survey and seeing mostly negative feedback early on, the GAT thought up a rough idea for a plan B and disbanded. Keep in mind writing a single review can take hours for a 2-3 page guide and there were little upsides to being a GAT member.

I created am creating the current guide system hoping to resolve the issues the GAT system created and failed to address. While I don't think this system is perfect, I hope it will encourage people to post guides who were originally afraid of being humiliated while offering beginners the bare minimum protection from bad and/or harmful advice.

While attitudes towards the GAT have worsened over time including my own, I saw some interest in a guide curation system when asking others for feedback on an idea I had for a guide on Discord. To my surprise, discussion over how my guide idea should be written shifted to GAT discussion. Since one of my goals with this new system is to encourage drafting out your ideas and then submitting them, it's possible conversations like these could crop up again in the future.

If you are interested in creating a new curation system or revising the GAT system, feel free to share your ideas here or contact me. I don't mind helping out on hammering out policy and acting as a liaison between the new team and the staff if absolutely necessary. Regardless of how much involvement you want I and the rest of the Tulpa.info staff to have, keep in mind that the new guide curation system revival won't be successful if it's not thought out.

Edited by Ranger

The normal GAT system we've had is fine, where experienced members can opt in and out, and they're notified and expected to go over new submissions.

The problem is pretty simply that the forum is just not active enough to maintain a team over a long period of time, which goes hand in hand with no new guides being submitted either.

My suggestion would be to let people make submissions, and allow anyone to offer feedback, and then you or whatever mod/etc. is in charge of guide approval (or just any mod that feels like it) can approve them if all seems well. 

I'd say any (forum) mod+ should be allowed to move submissions to the approved categories if they feel they're qualified to make that decision.

It's disorganized, but playing by ear will be necessary when there isn't enough activity to uphold (or even utilize/warrant) a system in the first place. If the forum became particularly active again for some reason, I'd then recommend going back to the typical Guide Approval Team setup.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

5 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

The normal GAT system we've had is fine, where experienced members can opt in and out, and they're notified and expected to go over new submissions.

The problem is pretty simply that the forum is just not active enough to maintain a team over a long period of time, which goes hand in hand with no new guides being submitted either.

I disagree, the second GAT was created when the forum had roughly the same amount of activity it has now. The second GAT fell apart because it was a hot mess, and it honestly stopped doing much once 2021 came around the corner. If we tried to recreate the old system I think it would be hard to find people to recruit for it (and I sure as heck don't want to run it). I think we are better off with a new system that doesn't require approval or disapproval before a guide is submitted.

9 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

My suggestion would be to let people make submissions, and allow anyone to offer feedback, and then you or whatever mod/etc. is in charge of guide approval (or just feels like it) can approve them if all seems well. 

I'd say any (forum) mod+ should be allowed to move submissions to the approved categories if they feel they're qualified to make that decision.

Honestly the difference between that and the UpVote/Draft system is people post directly to guides and mods will move it to the right guides board as needed.

The UpVote/Draft system does have a guide report system that's more GAT-like in nature, but technically speaking that isn't essential to the system itself, it's just there because people had a problem with the last GAT not taking down "bad guides".

If the forum was more active, we'd need to hold a members' voting process to vote in GAT members the community feels is qualified to critique and approve guides, and there would be more submissions there to approve in the first place

If/until that time though, the best choice is to let anyone critique (or just compliment) submissions, and have existing Staff manually approve the threads when they think they're good enough. There's not enough going on to try and organize more than that, it's unnecessary

We could give people an optional opt-in role Discord style similar to Half-op but with no special permissions, just the fancy title, so they could feel a little more officially involved. If there's a way to notify people with a specific role on the forum, then we could also attach a Submissions notifier to the role, but it's not necessary. Well, the role isn't necessary at all, I just think it would encourage people to keep up with submissions a bit more.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

I'm willing to consider completely throwing out the UpVote/Draft system if it flops hard. Right now though, I feel obligated to push the system because I promised I would deliver a system with upvotes and such.

I don't know how to include a member vote in a continent way that won't slow down the process too much.

I don't know how many people would be interested in such a role. Unfortunately, there are very few people who care about guides, let alone the guide review process. I figure the less people involved in-between the submission and it being posted as a guide, the better.

To be clear, I intended for Staff to be able to approve a guide at any time, regardless of if anyone's even left actual feedback on it yet, if that Staff member feels the submission is high quality enough.

But, encouraging community feedback is good to do too.

(* In this forum-inactivity suggestion, definitely not if we reformed a full-fledged GAT again when it's more active)

Edited by Luminesce

• 4 months later...

Blah blah blah sob story it's been several months yada yada.

New updates! I finished a draft of the Revision/Request System:

Spoiler

The Revision Request System

This system…

• Allows users to report problematic guides
  • Provides guidelines for how the staff will review guides
  • Is designed to encourage and reward revision

The process in short:

• A user reports a problematic guide in the guide's thread
  • The staff will decide if the guide in question warrants a guide review or not and if so, conduct that review
  • If the guide achieves a 70% disapproval rate, the guide will be moved to drafts with feedback on how to fix the guide
  • After changes are made, the author can either create a new guide thread or have the old one moved to Community Guides.

Spoiler

image.png

One of the common complaints about the previous GAT was old guides with problematic advice or methodologies were not handled properly. With this system, the goal is to provide the bare minimum protection against toxic or harmful advice while discouraging spiteful complaints, working with the limited time resources the staff can provide, and encouraging the guide author to revise their work. While this system is far from perfect and is not designed to completely resolve the core issue, it may be good enough given the lack of a GAT and possibly make progress where the former GAT could not.

The process starts when a user finds a guide they wish to report. To make a report, a user needs to make a post in the guide's original thread explaining the problem they have with the guide's contents and request for a review to be done. Any report posts, particularly stand alone threads, made outside of the original guide thread will be merged with the original thread. Otherwise, they will be ignored or in extreme cases deleted if deemed absolutely necessary. While a user can make a report for any reason, the intention of this system is to identify and address problematic advice or some other serious issue with the guide's content such as illegibility, not to harass the guide author or point out grammatical or structural errors. Keep in mind if a guide breaks the forum rules, this system does not apply and the guide thread is subject to moderation action. Once the report post has been made, the staff will decide if they wish to review or not.

Once the report is made, the staff will determine if a review is necessary. The staff will check if the user making the report followed these guidelines and use staff discretion to determine if the issue warrants further investigation. If the staff determines the issue does not warrant a review, a staff member should post in that thread explaining why a review will not be done. For example, if there is a report to review a guide because of some bad spelling, the report may be rejected because it does not make the guide difficult to read the guide. If the staff agrees a review should be done, then a staff member should leave a post saying the staff will review the guide.

Once determined a review is necessary, the staff will conduct a guide review to determine if it needs to be revised. Staff reviews are similar to the GAT review process of the past, only the the review process is a disapproval system instead of an approval system and the review guidelines are different. The requirement of 70% disapproval rather than 70% approval aims to make it harder to move something to Drafts and ultimately discourage members from making unnecessary reports. Additionally, an author gains a mathematical advantage if more staff members review a guide. The more staff members reviewing, the more people who will need to vote disapproval to achieve the 70% requirement. A minimum of 3 staff members must participate in the guide review process. The staff review guidelines can be seen here <link>, but in short staff members should focus on the core issue, only reading what is necessary. While staff members are more than welcome to give additional feedback to enhance the guide, this is not necessary or expected of the staff. If the vote fails to reach the 70% disapproval requirement, the guide is left in Community Guides. If the vote does meet the 70% disapproval requirement, the staff will then list out exactly what changes need to be made and move the guide to the Drafts board.

Once a guide has been moved to the Drafts board, the guide author must make the requested changes to have it moved back to Community Guides. Once these changes are made, a staff member will check the guide and then once verified, move the guide back to Community Guides. If the author wishes to do so, they are more than welcome to create a new thread in Community Guides. However, if a guide reposting fails to include the requested changes, it will be merged with the original guide thread.

Ultimately, this system aims to address problematic guide content while keeping in mind the anxieties guide authors had with the GAT system. While this system uses a disapproval system, there are numerous advantages granted to guide authors including the requirement to keep reports in the original guide thread by offering less visibility and giving the author more control over the review process content, the staff dismissing unnecessary cases, the high disapproval requirement, disapproval being harder to achieve with multiple reviewers, and the requirement staff must spell out exactly what changes need to be made for resubmission in Community Guides. In the end, the goal of this system is to provide constructive criticism where needed while ensuring beginners don't come across problematic advice or illegible guide material.

And finally, an updated guide list post transition! Huge shout out to Gelato, Gemini, An, Astra, Lusovius, and anyone else who helped edit the guide list and/or hang out with me while I was working on that! I would not have gotten that done anytime soon without your help!

Spoiler

A list of the various guides, tips, and articles submitted to tulpa.info, arranged by their topic. Whether an entry is approved or disapproved depends on tulpa.info's Guide Approval Team (GAT), which does its best to try to make sure all guides are up to standards and easy to understand. Submissions that have been approved were moved to the official guide subforums, while disapproved or not-yet-reviewed guides remain in submissions - these guides may help you as well, even if they haven't been approved.

Not all guides will be found where the author has tagged them. In case you believe something has been mistagged in this guide or if there is some other kind of a mistake, go ahead and notify a forum moderator.

Thread originally created by Sands.

General

Guides that help you through the whole process of creating a tulpa

Community Guides

24-Hour Guide to Tulpamancy

Abvieon's Guide to Fast and Effective Tulpa Creation

Daniel's Starter Guide to Creating a Tulpa

how to make a half baked tulpa quickly.

How to make a vocal tulpa by developing the skills and mindsets of the host.

How to Tulpa/Tulpae

Jabre's Tulpa Creation Guide

JD's Tulpa Method

Kiahdaj's Absolute Guide to Tulpas (Also in French, Italian and Russian)

Kopase's Simple and Straightforward Video Guides on Making a Tulpa

Longbow's Tulpamancy Guide

Lunanite's Compendium of Guides

Methos's Tulpa Creation Guide

NLD's Hands-On Tulpa Creation Guide v1.7

Reguile's Grounded Tulpamancy Guide.

Teryakywind's "Tulpas for Dummies" General Creation Guide

The art and skill of tulpas (Understanding and creating tulpas)

The No-Bullshit Tulpa Book

The Secret of a 10 Minute Tulpa - A Guide

ThunderClap's Guide on Tulpa Creation

Tulpa Handbook

Tulpa Phenomenon Overview Guide

Tulpanomicon

Tulpa's Complete DIY Guide to Tulpamancy

Tulpas: Creation, Sentience, and Vocality

Tips & Tricks

Tulpamancy tips from a tulpa

Personality

For those who wish to create a personality for their tulpa, look no further

Community Guides

JD's Guide to Personality Forcing

Planting a Tulpa Seed and How to Listen to It

Tips & Tricks

For general character-building

Jimmy's late night guide to choosing the right tulpa base.

My personality tables

Onion Layer for Personality Forcing

Sentience

Getting your tulpa to the point where they seem to act and think on their own, or help getting past the points where you are unsure or worried

Tips & Tricks

Counting Games

Parroting and puppeting concerns solved

Possible Method For Faster Sentience

Sentience confirming/anti puppeting guide

Telling when you have a tulpa

Tulpa Journey Guide

When To Parrot Your Tulpa

Vocality

Tips on how you might be able to hear your tulpa's voice

Community Guides

Coaxing Tulpae Into Talking

How to talk to your tulpa in less time

Pruria talks talking to tulpae: Deaf hosts

Rationalistic Guide to Vocality

Schlondark's Psychic Tulpa Voice Guide

THE VOICE

Tulpa Vocalization Practice

Tips & Tricks

Auditory Vocalization Method

Easy guide on how to hear your tulpa

Echo Parroting - Teaching Your Tulpa How To Use Their Own Mindvoice

Quantum's Nametag method

Really simple Trick for better hearing your Tulpa

Simple trick which helped me at least with tulpa's voice

Tips for Hearing Your Tulpa

Tips for those who are getting "parrotnoid".

Forcing

Stuck when actually trying to create your tulpa? These might help

Community Guides

"Black Box" Differentiation Exercise

Linkzelda's Ultimate Self-Hypnosis Scripts For Your Tulpa-Related Needs

listening - to wake headmates or help with parroting

Octaviapus' Guide to Lucid Mode

Tips & Tricks

A tip for those who have difficulty with long forcing sessions

Candellaith's tubes [anti-puppeting guide]

Common pitfalls and traps while making a tulpa.

GameForcing

Generally helpful forcing technique (but mostly for Visualization and Imposition)

Great and fun Visualization methods for daydreamers

Helixileh As A Forcing Method

Helping your tulpa become more independent with flashcards

How to Use Hour Counts Safely and Effectively

Ideas for looking after multiple tulpa

Mala beads!

Overclock Forcing Method

Parroting Syndrome

Prompts

PsiQss' thought's relocation as a general forcing booster

"Ravagestar's Sphere" How to drive off intrusive thoughts.

Redirection Technique

Sending Thoughts to Your Tulpa: Balloon Method

Sensory Sharing Explained

Super Awesome Tulpa Game Guide

Upgrade your Tulpa - improvements to their existance

Zero's Narration & Mindvoice Tips & Tricks Handbook

Focus and Concentration

Guides on how to focus properly in the creation process, for those who are having difficulties. Includes meditation techniques.

Community Guides

Centering and Tulpae

Dissociation Guide

Tulpas and Vipassana; a practical advice on the meditation sittings for tulpamancers

Tips & Tricks

Couguhl's Guide to Tulpa Association for Regaining Focus

FOCUS AIDS

Foghorn Meditation

How To Sustain Concentration While Forcing

Meditation

Pranayama: Shared Breathe Meditation

Removing Doubts and General Meditation Technique

Stress relief for forcing

Tulpaforcing and Meditation

Using Thresholds and Furniture to Remember Your Tulpa

Narration

Narration touches on how to talk to and with your tulpa, with some tips as to what you might talk about if you have run out of ideas

Community Guides

A Bit of a Narration Guide

Schlondark on Narration

Tips & Tricks

A Helpful Conversation Mindset For Older Tulpas

Tips that may Help Bolster Sentience

Topics to Talk About With Your Tulpa

Visualization

Help in how to improve the mind's eye

Community Guides

Basic Method On Practicing Visualization

Can't see a dang thing?

Chadacks visualisation guide

Cozmo's Guide on Creating and Building a Tulpa's Body

Digital Screen Visualization

Image Streaming

JD's Guide to Visualization

Linkzelda's Image Streaming Guide

Mental image Rendering guide

Perfect visualization from the half-sleep state.

Tulpa Visualization Guide

Visualization Focus Guide

Tips & Tricks

Amazing clarity visualization!

Blindfold Trick

Drawing and creating art of your tulpa

Guided Visualization, but not weird

How to Visualize in First Person

kakeli's Guide To Better Visualization

Maxyp's Tips & Tricks (Also an imposition guide)

Meditation aids

Meditation Exercise

Pikuseru's Mind's Eye Trick

Simple visualization exercise

Simply imagine what a vivid, detailed visualization would look like.

Spice's host's guide to training the minds eye

Teryakywind's Guide to Making the Imagined Real

The "Self I Spy" Game

Tip for Those Struggling to Visualize

Tulpa Anatomy

Visualization with Music

visualizing a composite tulpa

Imposition

Learning to sense and hallucinate your tulpa in the real world

Community Guides

Guide to imposition/controlled hallucinations (touch)

How to see your tulpa and distortions

Implanting Guide

JD's Guide to Visual Imposition (image heavy)

Mind Synthesis Guide

NED's leash imposition guide

Old imposition guide

Projection: Tulpa-controlled Imposition

q2's method for a huggable tulpa, v2

Tulpa imposition guide

Tips & Tricks

A Starting Imposition Guide

Flash Imposition

glitchthe3rd's imposition guide

Holding your tulpa's hand

Imposition via photos

Method for imposing and open eye visuals.

Open eye visualization idea

Pepper's Ghost

Tetris Effect as Visual Imposition Method

The Kamehameha technique

There is no try, only do.

visual imposition tip

Possession

Aiding the tulpa and host to let the tulpa to take control of the body

Community Guides

Oguigi & Koomer Possession Starter guide

Possession: By a Tulpa for Tulpas

Possession by Yuki

Possession Explained

Tips & Tricks

Mutual Possession

Practice possession easily by playing Simon

The muscle memory

Switching

Taking possession one step further and allowing the host to completely detach themselves as the tulpa takes full control on their own

Community Guides

Felights' Fronting Fundamentals | Possession & Switching Guide

Ford's Double Ascended Switching Guide for Elite Class Tulpamancers

Ghost Switching [A Beginner-Friendly Switching Guide]

Guide on how to switch.

Guide to Tulpa Control

How to Switch

Parallel Processing and Personality Switching

Perfect Possession is simple! Here's how to enact it! Great for beginners!

So you wanna switch? Do you, really? Might be able to help that.

Tips & Tricks

Tulpa's Practical Considerations for First Switching

Wonderland

Tips that mostly deals with creating or controlling your imaginary mindscape

Community Guides

How to Refocus on Your Wonderland

Meet others in Wonderland - Guide

Tips & Tricks

Sophie's Wonderland Tips

The 'Do Not Disturb' technique- How to tell when your tulpa is awake!

Transparent linking

When Things Go Wrong in Your Imagination and How to Fix Them So They Don't

Wonderland: Tips, Tricks, And Basics for Hosts

Wonderland Creation Via Daydreaming

Wonderland immersion method

Misc

Miscellaneous guides and tips that don't fit anywhere else

Community Guides

A guide on Lucid Dreaming and Tulpas (v1.1)

Aarix Independence Guide

Getting There: A Note on Productivity

glitchthe3rd's Servitor Workshop

How to Dissipate a Tulpa

JD's Guide to Telling People About Your Tulpa

Linkzelda's Motivational Tulpa Guide

NoneFromHell's Three task tulpa revitalization exercise

Servitor Creation Guide

TBW's Theraputic Tulpas Guide

the guide from the man, the legend, the one and only....MARIO!

The Ultimate Tulpa Guide

Tulpamancy Glossary

Want a tulpa who is really smart from the start? Follow my method

Tips & Tricks

42 1/2 Things to Do with Your Tulpa

Aarix last resort method to belief and tulpaforcing.

Aura's guide for tulpae starting tulpae

Channeling away your worries in the void

Cinemaphobe's Tulpa Journal Concept

Dealing with intrusive imagery

Devolping values for a Tulpa after creation

Finding Lost or Runaway Tulpae in a Cluttered Mind

Jimmy's Pony Creation Thread. Because you were too unoriginal to make your own

Magical thinking, 2-step tulpa creation & other stuff experimental guide

Memories and dream staging

Report on Tulpamancing Advice from the Survey for fluently speaking tulpa

Separation exercise

SKoP's Proxying guide for the Tulpa and host

The child philosophy

The Tulpa Role-Playing Game - Guide V4.4

The Wonderland RPG: Making Persistent Intrusive Thoughts Bearable

Thunder's Guide to Alleviating Doubt

Tulpa Development Kit

Tulpabracelets

Understanding your Tulpa: A healthy Relationship

Non-English

Any guide that doesn't have an English version goes here

Gymnasium student training - a guide in Russian (Russian)

Articles

Not guides, but might prove to be useful for those who would like to know more about what someone else thinks or has found out about the tulpa phenomenon

A Testimony From a Skeptic

Amadeus' Exodus: A Tale of Tulpa

Are tulpas a mental disorder?

Deconstruction of the Newcomer's Tulpa Mentality

Doubting Sentience due to Time

Healthy multiplicity and Tulpæ

On Forcing: Developing the Consciousness

On Tulpas—an essay about plurality in general and tulpamancy in particular

Peace of Mind in Multiples

Plurality - A Scientific and Philosophical Overview

Remember You Don't Have to Make a Tulpa

Sex—what is the question?

The Abilities of a Tulpa

The Differences Between Us and Tulpae

Theories on Tulpas: How They Function and Why "Parroting" Is Necessary

Tulpa Systems: Why Less is More (Essay)

Tulpae and Humanity

Tulpae and Possession of Host

Tulpamancy description for singlets / Telling your friends you have a tulpa

Tulpas in Paranormal Underground magazine

Walking in Wonderland

Disappeared/Unnecessary/Other

Graveyard of guides that no longer exist or are unnecessary in some way or form, here for posterity's sake

A collection of Tips & Tricks about tulpas and tulpamancy in general. (Gone)

A guide compilation. (Guide compilation)

A Tulpa Checklist (Gone)

Chevreul's Pendulum Concentration Exercise (Gone)

Detailed Creation Guide (Early draft)

Fede's Ultimate Superior Tulpa Guide (Gone)

Ganzfeld Voice Imposition (Professional Guide 2.0) (Gone)

Great Big List of Guides (WIP) (Guide compilation)

Guide for New Members (Guide about forums)

How to Refocus on Your Wonderland (Early draft)

Jean-luc's super-simple guide to a talking tulpa (No personality required!) (Gone)

Linkzelda's Self-Hypnosis Tulpa Guide (Early draft of guide)

LucidAcid's meditative tulpaforcing guide for more productive forcing and stuff (Gone)

Mindscape Overlay method for getting an overall better feel for your tulpa (Gone)

My Meditation habits (Gone)

New Great Big List of Guides (Guide compilation) (Not actually "new" anymore)

Pre-Vocalization Communication Through Possession (Gone)

The illustrious Sock's most perfect guide to mind doll creation (Satire)

Tulpa-Sync! (Gone)

Tulpa's DIY tulpamancy guide (Early draft of guide)

Tulpamancy: Guide Into the Strange and Wonderful (Gone)

Tulpa.info Forums; How to Use Them (Guide about forums)

I'm tired and I don't feel like doing much else tonight.

My todo list is the following:

• Finish the staff review guidelines
  • Finish the UpVote/Draft system essay
  • Go over everything to make sure it makes sense (so I'm not inconsistently saying Community Guides vs Guides board and such)
  • Test things out?

I'm thinking about looking at this tomorrow. I make no promises.

• Ranger unpinned this topic