unread threads not working right

Breloomancer

Question

copy pasted from Pleeb's update thread, at the request of Ranger:

sometimes when I click on a thread that I has new posts, instead of taking me to the first unread post, it will take me to the beginning of the thread. also when this happens the blue icon at the beginning of the thread title doesn't go away after I have read all the new posts and I can't find any other way to make it go away

this only started happening after the update from 4.4 to 4.5

also, I just want to mention that as I was typing up the title to this thread, it kept trying to show me "related threads" (that weren't actually related at all), and it was very distracting and annoying. that doesn't seem like a glitch though and I was able to hit "clear" and it went away

I have a tulpa named Miela who I love very much.

"People put quotes in their signatures, right?"

-Me

4 answers to this question

Good news! It looks like after the update, links take me to the next unread post. When I have read a thread, it seems to make the title in normal text instead of bold text. I'm not sure if the blue symbol is supposed to be there or not, but at least there's a way to tell if something was read or not.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

Regarding the new post stuff.  Does it happen in a different browser / incognito/private window?

EDIT: Scratch that, seems to be a theme issue.  I'll let the creator know.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

I found out I was having trouble with light theme taking me to the first post instead of the first post I haven't read yet. I noticed my settings were changed here: https://community.tulpa.info/settings/links/

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I'm still on the dark theme and haven't noticed any glitches like this, on desktop/Chrome

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.