Tulpas, do you have a separate POV from your host in the mindscape?

Tulpas, do you have a separate POV from your host in the mindscape?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. When spending time in the wonderland/mindscape with your host or other systemmates, do you have a separate point of view from them? For example, you could be looking at a pond while your host looks in the other direction at a tree, and neither of you is seeing what the other is looking at. Or you might see what is in your own field of vision while also simultaneously being aware of what your host is looking at. Or, do you and other systemmates all share one field of vision in the mindscape? If so, how does this impact your perception of your form? Do you look at and control your own form from a third person point of view? Different systems report different experiences with their POV in the wonderland and I’m interested in digging deeper into the mechanics of this. If your experience does not quite fit any of the poll options, please describe what it’s like for you.

• Separate POV with no awareness of other's POVs
    • Separate POV with simultaneous awareness of other's POVs
    • Completely shared POV
    • Something else

When spending time in the wonderland/mindscape with your host or other systemmates, do you have a separate point of view from them? For example, you could be looking at a pond while your host looks in the other direction at a tree, and neither of you is seeing what the other is looking at. Or you might see what is in your own field of vision while also simultaneously being aware of what your host is looking at. 

Or, do you and other systemmates all share one field of vision in the mindscape? If so, how does this impact your perception of your form? Do you look at and control your own form from a third person point of view?

Different systems report different experiences with their POV in wonderland and I’m interested in digging deeper into the mechanics of this. Please describe what it is like for you and your system in as much detail as you can Thanks!

[Bear] Host here, I'll answer most of these for the technical stuff, and Ashley can answer specifically.

Or you might see what is in your own field of vision while also simultaneously being aware of what your host is looking at.

[Bear] This and the others except for the unaware one which is possible but we only use in very rare circumstances.

Or, do you and other systemmates all share one field of vision in the mindscape?

[Bear] This is often the case, but without a field of view,  rather it's an "all at once" 3D render of wonderland and everyone relevant in it with occasional cutscenes and closeups. Kind of of like watching an action movie mixed with a nature film.

If so, how does this impact your perception of your form?

[Ashley] My Form is very well defined when I'm not fronting and less when fronting. The fronter is doing the exploring and everything else is the subject. I can explore as a subject too amd I can have my own field of view, but that's only if we consider it interesting or important or just for a peek, otherwise I let the fronter do the leading for the dance. 

Do you look at and control your own form from a third person point of view?

[Ashley] we always control our own forms in whatever view. Whatever views are displayed are also partially under our control.

Different systems report different experiences with their POV in the wonderland and I’m interested in digging deeper into the mechanics of this. If your experience does not quite fit any of the poll options, please describe what it’s like for you.

[Bear] It varies wildly at our whims. Most times, when we're talking, I have the FOV and I'm looking at them. They can view anything too, but that's rare because we've already done that and the most used space, the wonderland apartment livingroom, is ubiquitous and unchanging. When we're on an adventure, we often use multiple field of views simultaneously, but the all-in-one with cutscenes is default.

Edited by BearBeaBeau
Took out unnecessary formatting
7 hours ago, Abvieon said:

When spending time in the wonderland/mindscape with your host or other systemmates, do you have a separate point of view from them?

No, we share a "wonderland cam". We usually work with 3rd person because everyone can be in the shot, but sometimes we can use 1st person from one person's perspective.

If so, how does this impact your perception of your form? Do you look at and control your own form from a third person point of view?

We control our own forms from the perspective. Sometimes our forms reflect our unconscious thoughts too. For instance, my form will look tired to reflect my exhaustion.

Different systems report different experiences with their POV in wonderland and I’m interested in digging deeper into the mechanics of this.

We assumed this is one of the requirements for parallel processing. We have attempted having two cameras on the same screen and we struggled to get very far with it. The closest we got to seperate perspectives is the camera jumping around and showing different scenes people are in.

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

Jaina: I think we always have a shared POV. While awake we're in 1st person host POV. Darron is 1st person and I see myself in 2nd person through his eyes. When we switch I'm in 1st person super imposed on our body and Darron sees his....mindform? in 2nd person. The active is always 1st and the passive is always 2nd. Unless we try really hard to focus on another one.

In the mindscape it's either shared 3rd person or Mass Effect conversation/dialog cam. The difference is we get to say what we actually mean. 😜 

"Darron: What do you want to eat today? Hamburgers?"

"1. Yes, absolutely. 

2. Maybe.

3. Nah.

4. [Sarcastic] no."

Option three.

"Jaina: NO! Hamburgers are awful. They taste awful and greasy. The cows are treated badly and their methane contributes to global warming which is melting the ice caps and flooding coastal villages. You are an evil monster for even suggesting it and I hope you burn in Hell!"

No, no, no, no, no! I'm so sorry Darron I didn't mean it! I didn't mean it! I love hamburgers! I'm so sorry. The option choices suck and don't tell me what they're going to say. I just don't want any right now. Thank you so much for offering my favorite food. I love you so much please don't hate me 😭😭😭

"Darron: Oh ok. Ice cream then?"

😶 the fuck? Who coded this?

Darron: Host

Jaina: Tulpa

[DeviantArt]

Visually, my tulpas and I "see" the same thing, whatever's being visualized. However, we all have different connections to the same events/perspective. Even though visually our memories of events will be the same, they will otherwise be recalled differently. IE The five of us sitting at a table will appear as such from only one perspective (even if it changes during the visualization), but afterwards, anyone recalling it still feels they were where they were sitting, and remembers context from that point of view, if that makes sense.

Basically, being a phenomenon in a brain, it's not at all like watching video on a screen. It's much more complex than that, even if visually it remains the same for everyone, everything else changes.

(Voted for Shared POV for simplicity's sake, though)

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us stuff.