Is full host dissociation possible?

HollowHaw

{Whoops, I see you weren't replying to me now - I'll still post this, though. Also, Bear replied with two links on the previous page just before I posted this}

Altered states of consciousness exist and that someone may experience lifelike visualization isn't that out there, I'm pretty sure hypnosis has been used to do things like this for a long time now. For some reason I thought you mentioned wanting to "live in your {wonderland/visualized place}" - I must've misread something because I don't see anything like that now, sorry.

If your goal is simply to achieve a state like that at all ever, it should absolutely be possible, although I personally have no idea where to start - if I wanted to do it myself, I would probably take up intense meditation, because meditative states have been reported to provide visualization immersion and vividness boosts, that I recall. The only natural gateway to altered states of consciousness I know of are through falling-asleep/waking-up states, and meditation, assuming we consider being hypnotized a sort of meditation.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

26 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

because meditative states have been reported to provide visualization immersion and vividness boosts

Hence what the original 2012 tulpamancers were more likely talking about. Let me just say, like last night, when I was trying to conjure Joy in hypnagogic, what I got was like opening my eyes and ears and body into a whole other world with such intense detail that I couldn't describe it without several pages of descriptions. Joy was there, but it's like she was standing in dark light. Oh well, it's always fun.

The point here isn't this though. It's that yes you can dissociate and enter mindspace or go dormant and someone else or no one else can handle the 'front' by whatever percentage they need to do whatever they're doing with split attention in mindspace. Anything from 0 to 100% is possible.

Edited by BearBeaBeau

(edited)
18 minutes ago, BearBeaBeau said:

Hence what the original 2012 tulpamancers were more likely talking about. Let me just say, like last night, when I was trying to conjure Joy in hypnagogic, what I got was like opening my eyes and ears and body into a whole other world with such intense detail that I couldn't describe it without several pages of descriptions. Joy was there, but it's like she was standing in dark light. Oh well, it's always fun.

The point here isn't this though. It's that yes you can dissociate and enter mindspace or go dormant and someone else or no one else can handle the 'front' by whatever percentage they need to do whatever they're doing with split attention in mindspace. Anything from 0 to 100% is possible.

Sounds like a wake induced lucid dream, haven't gotten that type yet but I hear they are an awesome experience. Thank you for the links!

I know exactly what you mean about the vividness, the LDs I've had have only lasted a few second but it is a pretty amazing experience. For me it reminds me of when you are a child, and everything just seems more colorful and interesting if that makes sense.

Edited by HollowHaw
Typo

WILD is different, I've had both, and they're both great. This is closer to what people sometimes describe astral projection. I personally don't believe I actually go anywhere, so it's possibly using the same mechanics as a dream, but I am absolutely awake and I can actually still move my material body. I have essentially two bodies at this point.

Dreams are very unstable for me and they're plagued with dream logic and incomplete scenes. Hypnagogic can be superreal and insanely detailed. If I could switch into that on demand, you'd never hear from me again.

Because people I fully trust have reported "astral projecting" (but of course, not experienced anything that would follow as proof it was supernatural..) despite my not believing in meta, my working theory is that astral projection is an altered state of consciousness similar to lucid dreaming. I actually don't believe they're necessarily the same (ie, that all experiences of astral projection are lucid dreams, though I'm sure many are), though I'm sure the body and mind's mechanics surrounding unconsciousness and possibly dreams are at play.

This sort of state is usually far less attainable consistently (or for people like me, seemingly at all) than advanced meditation, but you're free to look into it at your leisure. I still recommend deep meditative states as your best shot at a fully immersive visualization-based experience though.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.