HollowHaw's Progress Report

HollowHaw

This post was split from this thread -Ranger

^I won't be posting again unless something extremely interesting happens, over-moderation is incredibly annoying

-Hh

Well, time for a few hours of meditation and then sleep. I think I will use this thread to report any progress I make, if any; That way I do not have to clutter the board with additional threads

Wish me luck \o

Edited by HollowHaw
Added link for context

(edited)
12 hours ago, HollowHaw said:

Well, time for a few hours of meditation and then sleep. I think I will use this thread to report any progress I make, if any; That way I do not have to clutter the board with additional threads

Wish me luck \o

UPDATE: 1 hour later. It got me way too excited so I was unable to continue, but I made progress. I was meditating while listening to music and I kinda spaced out (god knows how long, was pretty much unconscious) and the thought of how long I was laying there entered my mind. So I "checked my phone" and then I realised that it wasn't real and I snapped back into bed. What tipped me off was that I didn't recall opening my eyes or moving or anything, the image of holding my phone and looking at the time just came to me. Really strange and vivid experience.

Stranger yet, the imagined time was accurate within 10 minutes (showed 8:47 at 8:37)

Hopefully I can calm myself enough in time for bed :p

11 hours ago, HollowHaw said:

UPDATE: 1 hour later. It got me way too excited so I was unable to continue, but I made progress. I was meditating while listening to music and I kinda spaced out (god knows how long, was pretty much unconscious) and the thought of how long I was laying there entered my mind. So I "checked my phone" and then I realised that it wasn't real and I snapped back into bed. What tipped me off was that I didn't recall opening my eyes or moving or anything, the image of holding my phone and looking at the time just came to me. Really strange and vivid experience.

Stranger yet, the imagined time was accurate within 10 minutes (showed 8:47 at 8:37)

Hopefully I can calm myself enough in time for bed :p

So after seeing something weird IRL I decided to do a reality check, first the classic finger thru palm then my own kind (see if my joints are properly limited) and when doing the second I caused a little pain on accident and I immediately thought: "Okay yeah it is real, can't feel pain in dreams."

Then I remembered, that's complete bull.

It was only once, but one time in a dream I was shot thru the heart with an arrow and it was excruciatingly painful. Made me think I'd come and ask:

Have any of you ever felt pain in a dream?

Edit: sorry for kind of blogging, talking or writing about my experiences really helps me with memory, elsewise they get blurry.

Edited by HollowHaw

You should make a Progress Report https://community.tulpa.info/forum/12-progress-reports/ for these sorts of posts; threads are supposed to be kept on-topic.

As for reality checks - pinch your nose and try to breath out through your fingers. It's a clear sensation of pressure in waking life, but when you do it in a dream, you'll clearly blow air straight through your fingers because your breathing is tied to waking life. This is the only reality check I've ever needed, it's never failed once, personally.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Luminesce said:

You should make a Progress Report https://community.tulpa.info/forum/12-progress-reports/ for these sorts of posts; threads are supposed to be kept on-topic.

As for reality checks - pinch your nose and try to breath out through your fingers. It's a clear sensation of pressure in waking life, but when you do it in a dream, you'll clearly blow air straight through your fingers because your breathing is tied to waking life. This is the only reality check I've ever needed, it's never failed once, personally.

I would say it is on topic, I am merely answering my own question.

That way if someone has the same question and looks it up, and a search engine shows them this page, they will be able to look at whatever I have done, and if I have succeeded use it as a framework.

Edited by HollowHaw

I have felt pain in dreams. I also have felt pain while being attacked in sleep paralysis. The pain in these situations probably feel different than they would if they actually happened irl, though, but it is still a very uncomfortable feeling

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko