Has anyone else experienced explosion-like pressures.

Visionaire

Now, I know from the title the "Exploding Head" sounds like, "OH NO! THAT SOUNDS WORRYSOME, ARE THEY OKAY?" And to answer that. We feel extraordinarily alive. Probably more alive than ever before. Anyways, time to fill you all in what happened. 

In an attempt to become immersive in our mindscape, we thought, "Hey! Using white noise would help our focus!." It did, sorta. 

Twenty minutes in and the body is completely relaxed, almost in a dissociative state I think. Annddd that is where it kicks in. 

In the middle of imposing myself in our mindscape, a regular head pressure starts up, which is completely normal. However, then it spreads around the entire head covering the entire crown. 

A few minutes in and the mindscape starts becoming a tad clearer, which was pretty nice. Then WHAM, the pressure over the entire crown just BOOM, expanding in a way that would make one's head sort of explode.

By explosion, it was not the regular head tingles or more commonly known head pressures. It was like the head was going to pop any second.  

Now it was not painful. It was just a . . extraordinarily powerful sensation. 

Regalis (Tulpa Friend) calmed me down and said, "Just roll with it and relax as best you can."

So we did, and oh boy that was the longest minute or two of our life. The insane sensation that seemed to grow gradually stronger died out completely after the minute or so was over. 

The eyes were rapidly moving out of control, sort of like REM sleep. 

It was an awesome experience, won't lie, but is this common for everyone? And what does this mean?

TL;DR - Big bomb-like head pressure over the entire crown while attempting to immerse in the mindscape. 

We have had some intense head pressures on our forehead before, but not like that.

Were you dozing off? I wonder if this is a weird consequence of sleep paralysis or hypnagogia/hypnopompia or a hallucination induced by a dream. My host has felt intense sensations from hypnopomic hallucinations, one time he was in pain due to a giraffe biting his foot.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

We were aware that we was awake, but semi-aware of the body. Sorry if that does not make a bunch of sense. We are still trying to understand it ourselves haha. 

It might have been just a process of dissociation, as we never really dissociated before. However that does not explain the ecstatic feeling + mild nausea afterwards. Still feeling the nausea as we type. 

Never experienced a giraffe bite before, sounds like it hurt. Hope they are okay though!

Once you enter any state of dissociation you're essentially in a light form of hypnosis. From there it's usually a little difficult for people to accidentally reach the deeper point where the point where they start vividly feeling things, but it's definitely possible with just sustained meditation, which visualization is a form of. White noise can also help some people suggest to themselves that something "more" than the norm will happen. I've reached a state that I'd say was similar while doing a focused not-tulpa-related visualization meditation, and I finally got a really strong feeling of physical ecstasy and transcendence in my head that is difficult to describe in the context of anything else. I also do the rapid-eye-movement thing when I'm in a trance like that.

I wouldn't worry about the exact nature of the sensation meaning anything in particular if you experienced it in this state. In that state your mind lets go of what it should or should not be feeling and goes along with the visualization instead. People feel wildly different things while in that suggestable state as a result based on what they expect on a unconscious level. It's probably just what part of you expected to happen if you were fully immersed, so your mind gave you the feeling. Your tulpa is also correct in that relaxing into it is ideal - fighting it snaps you out of it - and to stay in the state you need remain uncritical and relaxed. It's also important not to actually "want" anything, just to experience whatever happens. From that state you can also start to give yourself mental suggestions through scripts to improve ability if you wish to. Or just play around with what you can experience for the sake of visualization.

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.

Yeah I used to get those too. Usually when I try something new, I get a lot of head pressure in the first couple days whenever I'll try to focus on some new type of imposition/visualization then it slowly decreases day by day until I don't feel it anymore. Or sometimes I'll take a one day break from that particular type of exercise for instance if your discomfort is caused by excessive presence focus, the next day I'll try to focus on something else. Like if it were a gym you wouldn't do the same muscle every day unless you're really prepared for it.
Also I have the weird habit of pressing my tongue against my palate really hard or grind my teeth when visualizing, IDK how to stop doing it, I'm pretty sure this contributes to the headaches too. You may be doing something similar like keeping a muscle forced without realizing it.

Edit:
-Today I've made a point of trying to keep my tongue still between my two front teeth and trying to maintain my awareness in making sure I wasn't unintentionally flexing my throat muscles along the day while visualizing and that seemed to have fixed it for me, no more head pressures I guess. Maybe something you should look into too.

Edited by neo
relevant update

Yeah, it's a further stage into meditation.
To us it usually feels like I'm being dragged into myself, and to my perception the body keeps getting bigger and I kinda feel like I'm being "shrunk" inside my mind.

Can be a very scary experience - if you're tired enough that might lead into Lucid Dreaming.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]