The Simplest Tulpa Creation / Development Guide - From a Host with 8 years of experience (and counting)

ohItsMatt

I'm just gonna type this here for two reasons

One: I'm incredibly bored right now (I have some hours to spare till I'm needed) and two: the GAT is a meme (and always has been) and hasn't uploaded anything in the past year so I guess I'll put this here.

First of all, who am I?
My name is Matt, I've been doing the tulpamancing business for almost a decade (since 2013, but I have been introduced to it by a friend in 2012) and I have one tulpa: Cheryl.
In a way or another she has been with me since the beginning, with some variations and shenanigans (back when deviating and stuff like that was cool) but for the most part, since 2014, she has always been the same.

Over the years, through many many MANY hardships, obstacles and lack of progress I'd say we gained pretty much everything there was to gain (unless you talk about paranormal) - so in order: Vocality, Sentience, Possession, Switching, Imposition, Parallel Processing and all that jazz - although nowadays due to me being an adult and having a very busy lifestyle we just tend to chill, hang out together and essentially take on life as a dynamic duo, with her being more of an "assistant" to me and to the life we live.

But enough about us, let's get into the guide.
What is the purpose of this guide? Why should I read this instead of "X guide to Tulpamancing"?
Well, believe it or not, by reading our guide you will pretty much read all the other guides that have been made since the beginning of this phenomena and that will be written in the future, because this guide contains the cornerstone of every guide, which is the only thing you really need to begin.

Here's the guide: summed up in one sentence: Everything about Tulpamancing is symbolic!

A simple, yet pretty powerful phrase explains everything you need to know and teaches you everything you need to do in order to develop your tulpa. (This also works on other things related to the mind, but I digress)
What do I mean by "Everything is symbolic"? Exactly what it means.

In order to progress with anything related to tulpamancing (Getting your tulpa to talk, learning parallel processing, possession etc.) requires your mind to be in the right "tune" - the right "state of mind" - the right "attitude" - however you want to call it.

I remember in 2014 spending months talking to everyone I knew in the community (back when IRC was active) and asking them how they did certain things - and every time we tried those things ourselves they never work - because my attitude was always: "huh, this sounds weird, but we'll give it a shot - it worked for them, so why wouldn't it work on us?".
That really ain't the right attitude, and the mind simply doesn't accept this and doesn't make much sense of it either.

There are hundreds, thousands of guides and opinion on everything about tulpamancing - how do you force? how do you teach your tulpa things? how do obtain vocality with your tulpa? And everybody will tell you the most bizarre things - the reality of the fact is that there is a little bit of truth in everything.

Again, in order to obtain anything you wish to obtain you need to "tune" your mind to it. 
I've seen many many situations where a new host was trying to create his tulpa and he could not obtain sentience or vocality because even after months of forcing he still was not sure about the idea of "having another person inside his head" - working with that state of mind is like working with a huge brick wall between you and your goal, so reaching it is hard if not impossible.

I remember many years ago asking literally everyone and everything in sight about switching - my tulpa had mastered possession, I was becoming pretty proficient into meditating and "letting go" but still we could not achieve it - it was only after a long long discussion that we realized that I still did not trust her, and that I wasn't really too comfortable with the idea of someone driving my own body while I was "out".

For a beginner: how do you create a tulpa? Do you need to sit in the dark, dead silence, light up a few candles, drink orange juice and spend AT least 10 hours a day, counting every minute, and praying to unknown gods that your tulpa will begin to form? 
I guess, if you really are into these things. For me though, that approach would have yielded nothing.
Nowadays you see people who just get "walk-ins" and although one might question the "validity" of what they are claiming, you can't deny that believing that some fully formed entity (lol) appearing out of nowhere might start a process of development in your brain.

I'm really trying to explain this in any way possible but it's much simpler than it looks, once you grasp the concept you won't need anything else.

You want to learn possession? You don't need to look no further than yourself - how would YOU think that possession will work? Because that's how it will work.

You think that imagining yourself covered in a bodysuit and have your tulpa "command it" will work? Sure, it will work.

You think that imagining your tulpa in a "control room" and pushing buttons / a joystick will work? Sure, it will work.

You think that giving your tulpa the "keys" will make it work? Sure, it will work.

You think that your tulpa is just strong enough to yeet you out? Guess what, it will work. 

It's essentially that simple, you don't need any guides or you need not struggle in anything else other than what you believe in.

Everything is symbolic, your brain is just trying to convert your request into neuron-firing patterns, and it works a hell of a lot easier if what you're trying to do is in tune with your existing mentality.

You think your tulpa will just spontaneously grow up by itself? It will.

You think you will require 12 hours a day of hardcore tibetan-style meditation for it to happen? Guess what, you'll need to those.

The best achievements that we had on our journey came not after reading guides, but after developing our own "in-house" methods that "just made sense" to me (which I have always been the stubborn of the two anyways).

So yeah, everything is symbolic, however you think it will work will work - just get to it.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Matt,

This is a really nice guide!  I've been with my tulpa Lucy, since 2012 so I'm in the same boat (my name is also Matt lmao).  Over our many years together we have also learned that our mind and thoughts quite literally shape our reality, so anything goes as long as you vibe with it and have the right mindset.  I spent lots of time - years even - struggling through doubts and trying different things before I started just trusting myself and going with the flow, and letting go of my fears and doubts along the way.  We started on our journey back when there were only two guides, FAQ man's and Irish_'s, and let me tell you, hour counts and servitors and parroting had everyone scared shitless haha.  Things are much better now.  Thanks for sharing man!

3 hours ago, ohItsMatt said:

I'm really trying to explain this in any way possible but it's much simpler than it looks, once you grasp the concept you won't need anything else.

You want to learn possession? You don't need to look no further than yourself - how would YOU think that possession will work? Because that's how it will work.

we really believe in this concept a lot, Lumi never even glanced at guides after finding Tulpa.info, he just saw people talking about what was possible/what they could do, read their talking about the phenomena and what it was like and stuff, but paid no special attention to like guide-like explanations or anything - he just went and did the things. We literally explain how to do Imposition like you just did! Literally just try to see things that aren't there, imagine them in your mind's eye if you want to but keep the intention to be actually seeing it (or feeling etc.etc.), until it starts to work! We did NOT read "guides" or "explanations" on "how to impose"!

(maybe more impressive, we didn't read any explanations of how Switching works to figure it out ourselves either, pretty much once we knew that was a thing people were doing we just figured how we thought it should work and it didn't take super long)

though to be fair, our system was ~4 years old already when we found .info and "Tulpamancy", so maybe we had a privileged place to start trying this stuff from

---

only thing I want to say that isn't agreeing with your guide is that not everything is pure symbolism, belief-powered results - a tulpa becoming sentient might be affected by your expectations like this, however things like visualization clarity and imposition vividness/prowess DO come from hours and hours of practice, you can't just believe you're suddenly amazing at them. I mean you can but it won't be a truly vivid experience compared to after you've practiced consistently for a long time

and maybe it's not something people should consciously worry about, but tulpas do get stronger in most ways as they exist more (talk and are talked to, think about and experience things themselves, maybe possess or switch and such), so again tulpa creation might be expectation/belief based or at least partially so, but the clarity of their voice and things like that are again very much up to practice

but like I said maybe people shouldn't worry too much about how that works, because simply doing stuff without limiting beliefs in the way tends to give results pretty quick, while worrying about every step of the way tends to prevent progress almost entirely

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

(edited)

only thing I want to say that isn't agreeing with your guide is that not everything is pure symbolism, belief-powered results - a tulpa becoming sentient might be affected by your expectations like this, however things like visualization clarity and imposition vividness/prowess DO come from hours and hours of practice, you can't just believe you're suddenly amazing at them. I mean you can but it won't be a truly vivid experience compared to after you've practiced consistently for a long time

It should be obvious that "just believing that you can" doesn't make it instantly work, but it certainsly speeds things up and helps immensely.

If I have a week old tulpa and i believe strongly that she's sentient enough and capable of thinking on her own from me, that won't make it happen in the next minute but if firmly believe and worked on it will lead to interestig developments really really quickly.

How quickly? Depends on how hard you work on it and how open your mind is to the subject.
It's not unheard of people back in '13 / '14 that forced for 8-10 hours a day (yeah) and learned things that others took months to achieve in weeks, simply because they were focused on it (perhaps way too much) AND their state of mind was on point.

Edited by Ranger
Took out unnecessary formatting in quote

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

Neat guide, kind of an "Anti-Guide Guide". I got two main things from this: First, the power of belief is everything, and second, it's better to do what works with you than stressing out over the "right" way to do something. Did I understand your message correctly or am I off the mark? Anyway, those two points have been central to me for a while now. When I first discovered Tulpamancy I poured over guides looking for the "right" way to force and getting frustrated when things weren't working. But when I started to come up with my own ways of forcing things started working much better. Same with meditation: I was frustrated over my inability to "properly" meditate but it wasn't until I began to develop my own technique based around my own disposition that it started to work. I struggled with doubt and still do sometimes, but I truly believe Simmie is here. I feel her with me, I talk to her and she responds, she has opinions and favorites and identifiable personality traits, and on occasion she will surprise me.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

Thanks for sharing!  It can honestly be fun to create a personalized "ritual" to help strengthen your personal bonds to your tulpa.  I tried adding a little ceremony before my forcing session this night and the entire thing had an air of reverence sprinkled over it making it easier to enter a trance state. 

All that being said, there were some slight demonic undertones to it all!  I could practically feel Chai grabbing me by the shoulders and gently whispering into my ear telling me to drink the tonic.  

10/10 Would Summon Again 

IMG_0039.jpg

15 hours ago, ohItsMatt said:

Here's the guide: summed up in one sentence: Everything about Tulpamancing is symbolic!

I believe for some systems, this is incredibly helpful advice. Some systems need to have more confidence in their mindset and some need a new mindset to be successful.

However, not all systems work like this. We have found almost pure mindset approaches unhelpful because we need more direction and something to work with. We found that doing switching a particular way was more effective than believing switching worked a particular way. We managed to switch before we believed we could do it, 6 months later we had to finish rejecting our unhelpful mindsets and we managed to recreate the switch.

My only other concern is you can inherit a harmful mindset towards tulpamancy and believing in that can undo progress or make it harder. Guides and the Q&A structure are designed to help steer people away from what's harmful to believe in and what isn't. 7/10 times a problem in tulpamancy can be blamed on a bad or unhelpful mindset. Bad mindsets made switching harder for us, but they also worsened our parrotnoia and created a lot of anxiety about our headmates being tulpas or not.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

We have found almost pure mindset approaches unhelpful because we need more direction and something to work with.

Well, here's the thing: you are the one who can make the best direction for yourself. If you think that certain things will be harmful (even though they really aren't) they will be harmful, same goes for the opposite.
LIstening to "all the bells" like I did many years ago gave me only confusion and uncertainty about my own beliefs, which in the end turned out to be the right way for me because they were well... mine.

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

My only other concern is you can inherit a harmful mindset towards tulpamancy and believing in that can undo progress or make it harder.

I'm not gonna be the judge on this but you can definately have the power to do harmful things when it comes to tulpa IF you believe that they are true.
This is basic psychology and inner workings of the mind though, you can antagonize or "put on a pedestal" literally anything, even the most pointless thing and make it harmful for you even though the thing in itself isn't (think of phobias)

On 2/7/2021 at 7:02 AM, ohItsMatt said:

You think that imagining yourself covered in a bodysuit and have your tulpa "command it" will work? Sure, it will work.

You think that imagining your tulpa in a "control room" and pushing buttons / a joystick will work? Sure, it will work.

You think that giving your tulpa the "keys" will make it work? Sure, it will work.

You think that your tulpa is just strong enough to yeet you out? Guess what, it will work. 

Can you change a belief?
I don't understand how to believe something that it's dependent upon belief itself. How can I simultaneously know that it's my belief that it's causing the tulpa to be there and at the same time believe the tulpa IS there. Do you just imagine it to be the case and try to accept it without consciously thinking about the fact that your beliefs are responsible for it? Because when I think of it that way, then I find that the most pragmatic thing to believe is that it's all easy and I know how to do it all already with 100% realism, but that didn't seem to work. So what kind of beliefs are most likely to yield good results right away?

2 hours ago, neo said:

Can you change a belief?
I don't understand how to believe something that it's dependent upon belief itself.

In my experience what you're describing is logical understanding, not belief, and the two things are most definitely not the same. So much so that they're not at all dependent on one another - the effect of a belief on the mind is completely separate from whether you logically understand it or not. In fact, if you pick apart a belief with logic, you are essentially abstracting it into impotence, whether or not you come to agree with the belief or not. I've always pretty much accepted that tulpas exist logically, and that I have the ability to bring about one rapidly. That of course, was not enough. I only made rapid process when I found a way to shift my actual mind towards uncritical acceptance rather than deconstruction

While we're at it, I'll point out that all of the symbolic mechanisms OP describes there are essentially a form of self-hypnosis. None of them are logically true, but the act of organically visualizing something according to your own personal sense of symbolism, accepting it as true, whilst in a relaxed and suggestible state, is sufficient to cause your brain to give you a response. An easy, passive (rather than active) sense of belief is a major component in making hypnosis have a powerful effect. As a side-by-side, if you listen to a hypnosis script and all the way through engage your critical thinking and think "Is this working?" You will have either a significantly reduced response if any, or no response at all. Even if you do know what hypnosis can do.

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.