The Simplest Tulpa Creation / Development Guide - From a Host with 8 years of experience (and counting)

ohItsMatt

1 hour ago, ZenAndMika said:

In fact, if you pick apart a belief with logic, you are essentially abstracting it into impotence, whether or not you come to agree with the belief or not.

This is something I've though to be the case for some time now too. People who believe in ghosts for instance are the only ones who end up seeing them, or like with "demonic possessions" it's almost 100% certain that the person believed those things to begin with. So I feared that by looking too much into it may slow down progress since it depends on your beliefs. Honestly that seems to be the case, from what I've seen so far the people who have weird beliefs about tulpas or believe they're spiritual or something usually have an easier time making progress but are also prone to involuntary and undesired consequences of not understanding what they're doing fully, and I see how it can be scary and more exciting if you think that you're actually interacting with something otherworldly by seeing a faint outline and that to me would be just like meh, not very engaging. But there's no way that I know of that I can trick myself into 100% believing something.

At the same time if you do understand what you're doing it can be a little like trying to jumpscare yourself or tickle your own feet. You need to be a little creative to get the desired effects.

None of them are logically true, but the act of organically visualizing something according to your own personal sense of symbolism, accepting it as true, whilst in a relaxed and suggestible state, is sufficient to cause your brain to give you a response. An easy, passive (rather than active) sense of belief is a major component in making hypnosis have a powerful effect.

But do you mean belief changes can cause like a small boost in visualization/progress? Or is it like, the most important thing ever that can trigger full on realism if you had the exact right belief set by itself?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to clarify on that first point you reference. I wouldn't say that abstracting it permanently damages your ability to think of it in the right way. More that you need to be able to let go of that critical state while forcing.

48 minutes ago, neo said:

But do you mean belief changes can cause like a small boost in visualization/progress? Or is it like, the most important thing ever that can trigger full on realism if you had the exact right belief set by itself?

For me, it was the latter. I struggled for a long time essentially failing to make a tulpa I could accept as real. I then dissipated them for several months. My beliefs surrounding the nature of their reality then changed. I brought them back. And it was indeed an instant, and massive difference in quality. Obviously I wasn't immediately imposing them or anything outright magical like that, but I noticed tangible improvements pretty much immediately across the board. They were not consistently vocal before that point for instance, but they were vocal instantly upon their return.

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.

37 minutes ago, ZenAndMika said:

I struggled for a long time essentially failing to make a tulpa I could accept as real.

Do you mean accepting it to be "real" as the phenomena of tulpas is real, or "real" like someone else is actually there?
When it comes to the right belief mindset should I think of them as a tulpa, or treat them as externally real and try to forget or not focus on the fact that it's only internal? I've had progression so far but I'm down for anything that could make it even better.

7 minutes ago, neo said:

Do you mean accepting it to be "real" as the phenomena of tulpas is real, or "real" like someone else is actually there?

The latter, I've always accepted the former - it's the sensation of parrotnoia and the "unrealness" of their responses that bothered me. If you want the long-ass story, it's the first post I made on this account.

I think that my own beliefs might be a little personally skewed, so I'm not sure if even telling you them helps. But the TL;DR on what helped me essentially forget the unrealness, is that I realized that I could feel … several complicated social feelings for something that even in the moment I knew was absolutely not real (an unconscious thoughtform) - and that it was still as real-feeling and as poignant an experience as I could want. Therefore, I simply don't care at this stage about realness, because even if its fakery, that's just not the point for me anymore. It was the realness of the relationship with a tulpa that I wanted, not some perfect proof they were separate from my mind. When I brought them back I would been willing to accept them at the level of unrealness they felt to me before - I was not expecting the belief in them to shift the experience of tulpamancy itself radically, that was just a bonus.

Zen - Host.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

28 minutes ago, ZenAndMika said:

I simply don't care at this stage about realness, because even if its fakery, that's just not the point for me anymore.

I guess I already see it that way, I don't care if it's empirically and externally real I just care about the quality of the experience. But I fear that just "not caring if it's real" may not be enough and believing in an empirically real and external tulpa may be the only way to experience 100% quality.

I guess the only other thing I can add here is you don't always need belief to create tulpas or achieve success in tulpamancy.

I assumed Ranger was just an imaginary friend for a while until he told me he was real. After I panicked, I realized something was wrong and I eventually found out about tulpas.

I think it's also possible to accidentally achieve switching without even trying- a lot of people learned how to switch just from possessing the body for long enough.

Edited by Ranger

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

14 minutes ago, neo said:

But I fear that just "not caring if it's real" may not be enough

If that's what you think you're probably correct and it might hold you back to some degree. At the end of the day it's extremely difficult to change someone's beliefs with words alone without, relatedly, hypnosis. You may have to decide if there is some kind of belief structure similar enough to your own that you can accept more readily on your own terms. As the OP notes, just accepting other people's beliefs tends to not be completely a thing you can do, you have to work it out yourself in order for to buy into the logic at every step. Either that or actually look up self-hypnosis and write yourself up some scripts to alter your levels of acceptance.

Edited by ZenAndMika

Zen - Host.

1 hour ago, Cat_ShadowGriffin said:

I guess the only other thing I can add here is you don't always need belief to create tulpas or achieve success in tulpamancy.

I realize you don't need to be completely convinced to have those experiences I'm just wondering if a higher degree of confidence in your beliefs is essential to have 100% realistic experiences consistently. 

Either that or actually look up self-hypnosis and write yourself up some scripts to alter your levels of acceptance.

I'm trying to think of a way to do this effectively. I believe that the main reason dreams are so realistic is only because you're not consciously aware that it's not real so you have no reference to go by at that moment to compare with what would real look like. It would be so much easier if I could temporarily choose to forget something on purpose. Maybe I can do this with hypnosis.

8 hours ago, neo said:

I believe that the main reason dreams are so realistic is only because you're not consciously aware

Just so you're aware. That is a completely false belief. Lucid dreaming is a thing, and the first thing you typically do in lucid dreaming if you remember is turn up the vividness of your senses beyond a normal dream and closer to reality. Definitely get it out of your head that awareness/consciousness itself reduces vividness of experience. That is a purely harmful, as well as logically incorrect mindset y'got stuck in there. For further proof: see hypnosis itself. You're perfectly conscious during hypnosis. It's just a state of deep relaxation, and also tends to induce hallucinations with the right scripts.

8 hours ago, neo said:

would be so much easier if I could temporarily choose to forget something on purpose. Maybe I can do this with hypnosis.

If you do go down the rabbit hole, be careful with that mindset too. Hypnosis can be used to create memory blocks and you don't want those. Hypnosis is the strong stuff, so make sure you only use it amplify things that are objectively positive. Definitely don't use it to block out parts of your cognition or memory - While yes it's perfectly possible to make yourself forget that tulpamancy isn't real, it would be … unhealthy. It's amputating a hand for a splinter, figuratively speaking. I would instead target and increase your confidence in the tulpa's realness alongside increasing how vividly you feel their responses.

Zen - Host.

that wasn't exactly what they said about dreams and consciousness, I think they were saying dreams only SEEM realistic because you're not fully conscious and so your brain is saying "wow look how real and detailed" when in reality that experience isn't real or detailed at all compared to reality

even vivid lucid dreams have some of this placebo going on, where detail is only there when you focus on things and your brain to some extent is filling in the sense of/belief that there's detail all over when there might not really be

they can ALSO just be legit detailed and realistic, but this concept is definitely a thing and it's tied to why dreams feel immersive while you're having them but then when you wake up if you remember them well they're still iffy on detail outside of exact things you focused on (though this concept is also mixed against dream recall so it's really blurry trying to tell exactly how detailed a dream truly was, likely more-than-you-remember but still-not-as-lifelike-as-it-felt)

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas