The Simplest Tulpa Creation / Development Guide - From a Host with 8 years of experience (and counting)

ohItsMatt

Visualization can be "impressions" or only seem real because you think/believe they're real. That's how I found out my visualization of my headmates wasn't as good as I thought it was; My headmates had clearer forms when they had a reference to look at.

It's possible a lucid dream is like this but to the extreme. Dream logic is notorious for more or less disabling you to think critically, so you may not pay attention to how detailed something is. However, it could also be unrelated and dreaming for whatever reason is higher quality than visualization.

The catch here is by taking the time to map out those extra details, you don't need the impressions as much.

Edited by Ranger

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For me I am pretty sure dreams are definitely far more detailed than visualization, though I guess it can vary. Visualization does seem like it is just the impression of an image rather than a real fully detailed image. Though I have had dream experiences that feel more clear and vivid than life does sometimes, and really do not think I was just seeing the impression of things

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

13 hours ago, TB said:

For me I am pretty sure dreams are definitely far more detailed than visualization, though I guess it can vary. Visualization does seem like it is just the impression of an image rather than a real fully detailed image. Though I have had dream experiences that feel more clear and vivid than life does sometimes, and really do not think I was just seeing the impression of things

After many years of lucid dreaming shenanigans and visualization attempts with my tulpa we realized that the difference in "quality" between visualization and a dream / lucid dream is dependant on how "disconnected from your body" you are.

Again, red flag here: what I just said applies TO US (hence, the guide) but as far as we've tested the more I'm "detached" from my body (through meditation, relaxation techniques etc) the more the imagery goes vivid, and we think its because when you relax enough and disconnect from your body senses your brain tries to fill up this lack of perception and sensory input with brain-generated stuff (if you think about it, you don't really feel your physical body when you sleep and dream, do you?)

Which also might be the reason you have weird hallucination when you have sleep paralysis (hypnagogia).

One more thing to consider is if you notice, young and new tulpamancers tend to fall asleep while forcing, that is because they're not yet used to "letting go" and closing their eyes and focusing on breathing etc usually results in too much relaxation and they fall asleep - learning to "not fall asleep" and staying alert (but relaxed enough) to focus on this new "lack of senses" is a good milestone in meditation and visualization IMHO

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]

I somewhat agree, though I have felt my body laying in my bed while dreaming before, though it isn't always like that. I also do generally feel my body during sleep paralysis

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko