Simmie and Phil's Chat and Storytime Lounge

September13

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, okay, I just have to share this. 😄 Phil and I were playing the sims and by chance I paused on my sim doing the silliest face/pose I've ever seen! 😄😄😄 "Like, OHMAHGAWD!!!" 

image.thumb.png.ac2f29572657c61cecb5e89586de1564.png

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Okay that's hilarious! 😄 You look like you just spotted a spider the size of a dog on the ceiling.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

• 2 weeks later...

Phil and I are going to play a game of Civ VI together! Usually he just plays on his own while I get bored and let my mind wander. But I think this will be a fun mental exercise for us, constantly switching who is making strategic decisions. The idea right now is we're going to compete to see who can get to a cultural victory faster. We may post updates and screenshots if something interesting happens!

image.thumb.png.13c3a9ebe905fb2c2dad041327bbafaa.png

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23

Good luck on world conquest 😊. I've been crusading as Byzantines recently. 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

[DeviantArt]

LOL You guys might not believe this but Simmie is totally a little shit-talker. You might know her as a sweetheart (and she is), but inside our head sometimes turns into a non-stop roast-fest. Simmie is really getting into this competitive Civ thing and whenever something goes wrong for me (like barb attacks or a flood) she's all like "HAHA Get rekt" and it's honestly really cute and hilarious.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.

I'm going to talk about our game here and just edit this post rather than keep making new posts:

I am Gorgo of Greece

Phil is Kristina of Sweden

We are playing on Emperor difficulty with three game modes active: Barbarian Clans, Secret Societies, Monopolies & Corporations

We are paying on a standard-sized Continents map with all the settings being normal. Besides us there are 6 AI players.

My starting position was in a forested area near some mountains. Phil's start location was in a flat area with lots of food.

Phil used his first governor tile to go for Owls of Minerva. I grabbed Magnus but I'm thinking I'll go Voidsingers.

Phil met Vietnam and Australia. I haven't met anyone yet (As of turn 20)

We both intend to get a religion. Pretty sure I'm getting mine first! 😁

Updates as of Turn 37:

Phil has also met Cree and Macedon. I'm still alone! I'm starting to think I might be on my own continent. Which is good for security, but bad for trade or spreading my religion!

Pantheons: I have two deserts near me but somebody took Desert Folklore!! I'm a little sad but I'll have good faith generation anyway so it's not too terrible. I took Lady of the Reeds and Marshes because I have a lot of desert floodplains too. Phil is near the tundra and annoyingly, he actually got his Dance of the Aurora! I'm still on track to get my religion first though.

Updates as of Turn 61:

We both have our religions. I was first in the world! I really wanted to pick Work Ethic to keep it out of Phil's hands but...well without Desert Folklore it isn't of much help to me, plus I don't "know" that Phil has so much tundra adjacency without seeing his game. So I picked Reliquaries because I'm probably going to end up getting lots of relics. At least I snagged Tithe before he could! Oh yeah, and I did go voidsingers after all.

Phil of course picked Work Ethic immediately, and most of his cities are going to have plenty of tundra adjacency. I'm sure Phil would have loved to get Tithe but I grabbed it first, so he took World Church for the extra culture.

Phil is trying for the Hanging Gardens. I haven't tried building a wonder yet. Both of us are looking to build some new settlers.

We both got a Golden Age but picked different policies. Phil picked Exodus of the Evangelists and I picked Monumentality. Phil's looking to expand his religion early because he's in a crowded area, while I'm more isolated so I want to use my faith to expand more and wait on heavy spread.

I still haven't met anyone yet, but someone knows one of the city states I do so someone is nearby.

This is really fun! 😁 Competing against Phil has made this really enjoyable for me! This has actually given us very strong head pressures and is very stimulating. I would totally recommend this as a tulpamancy activity! 😁 We've got to take a break though, our head is spinning. 😄

Edited by TurboSimmie

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23

42 minutes ago, September13 said:

LOL You guys might not believe this but Simmie is totally a little shit-talker. You might know her as a sweetheart (and she is), but inside our head sometimes turns into a non-stop roast-fest. Simmie is really getting into this competitive Civ thing and whenever something goes wrong for me (like barb attacks or a flood) she's all like "HAHA Get rekt" and it's honestly really cute and hilarious.

I think Jaina picked up my dry sense of humor. She has the cutesy wutesy, dere dere thing going but she delivers some zingers. The saccharine routine is just a mask for her mischief.

No it's not...😇

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

[DeviantArt]

Report on Turns 62-105:

Phil successfully finished Hanging Gardens on turn 67!

I got attacked by barbarians pretty bad and feared I would lose a city. I managed to fight them off though!

I was delayed in settling a couple of my cities by annoying City State units in the way!!!

Phil made friends with his closest neighbor, Vietnam, which is good for him because they have a large military.

I finally met my neighbors: China and India. Apparently, I'm on a continent of 3 while Phil's on a continent of 5.

Phil was spreading his religion while I was unable to really spread mine.

I finished my own wonder on turn 83: The Oracle!!!

Big development: As of turn 88, I have denounced China!!! They are attacking my allied city state of Valetta, and their unique bonus will allow me to buy city center buildings with faith. I'm planning to levee another nearby city state's (Mexico City's) military and having them assist me either protect or liberate Valetta from the Chinese!

Meanwhile Phil is just peacefully building and spreading his religion. He's already improved it once (Itinerant Preachers) and I'm worried he'll improve it again before I get the chance to get the building I want. Kinda hope he gets sucker punched by one of his neighbors at this point. 😄
On turn 93, I declared WAR on China!!! Hopefully I'll be able to save Valetta! Thankfully, using the "Protectorate War" casus beli, I don't generate any grievances.

Sadly, I wasn't able to get to Valetta in time to save them and they were captured on turn 95. Now my focus turns to liberating them!

On turn 97 Phil beat me to getting an Apostle so I surrendered the race and used my saved faith to buy a Settler. I do have a jump on him building my theater squares so I might be in a better position in the long run despite these setbacks. At least that's what I tell myself!

On Turn 100 I liberated Valetta!!!!!! I don't think the Chinese have anything to send down to retake it so I think I've won! There's one more Chinese city I may attack; he's building walls but I might still have time to take it. (I can't hold it, but even seizing it for a short time will slow him down)

Meanwhile Phil is sitting around being boring!!! 😄 I mean dude, Vietnam took Kabul, they were your ally! Are you just going to sit there and let them get away with it???

On Turn 101 the game rolled over into the Medieval Era and guess what...Phil is in a dark age while I'm in another gold!!!! Hahaha!!!! I continued with Monumentality and he with Exodus. A smart move on his choice. I considered going over to Exodus, but the growth potential is just too good with Monumentality! I'll be having a faith squeeze this era because I'll be needing it for three different things: Religious spread, buying civilian units, and buying city center buildings (because of Valetta's ability). More Holy Sites must be constructed!!!!!

On Turn 102 the first World Congress vote happened and Phil and I actually had a chance to work together for a change. We realized we would both benefit from extra production to buildings in holy sites so we teamed up an won the vote!!!! I also put a ton of votes into giving units of my religion a buff and I won that too!!!!! Also, there was a special vote because Australia took over one of Vietnam's cities and Phil actually showed some balls for once and voted for the resolution condemning Australia! Sadly the resolution failed by one vote. I couldn't vote on it because it's on his side of the world and I don't know any of these people yet.

And now on Turn 104 I have made peace with China as I have realized I don't have the firepower to take that other city. Still, in the peace offer I forced them to give me some gold per turn as compensation for making me have to do this in the first place. So peace is at hand...but mark my words China, if you touch Valetta again I'll be back, and I won't go so easy on you next time!!!

And that's where we decided to call it for tonight. Wow!!! I'm having a lot of fun!!! 😁 This game is activating something inside me that I never really thought about before. I'm looking forward to playing again tomorrow! But for now, sleep. 😴

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23

Well damn. I am completely blown away by how competitive Simmie suddenly is. I was planning to play seriously, sure, but Simmie is going hardcore. Up until turn ~80 or so I actually kind of felt bad for her, I felt that I was outpacing her in growth, religion, and production, and didn't think she'd be able to catch up. But she ended up totally upstaging me; her play has been smart and somehow she's now doing better than me, somehow growing her culture greatly while actually winning a war at the same time!

I guess I shouldn't be shocked; Simmie has surprised me like this before. She has an intensity about her that doesn't often come out on the forum. She really is a force to be reckoned with, and I am really proud of her. To be honest, I kind of got complacent with my lead. But I still have a production advantage over her as well as a huge faith advantage, and unlike her I only have to focus my faith on one thing: Growing my religion. She's not going to stand a chance against it. Also, since I have Owls of Minerva, I'm going to have a huge advantage when it comes to spying so I'm going to steal all her great works too. I'm not going to play nice! Simmie's going to get bastard Phil from now on, lol. To this point we're on separate continents and in many ways are playing two separate games.  But when we can cross oceans stuff is going down, lol.

I also realized that Simmie was using a meta-strategy against me: By making her side of the game more interesting, she was drawing more mental resources to herself and her empire, leaving me with much less. That's...actually shockingly cleaver of her. And she knows I have a weak spot for her assertive, powerful side, and she's using that against me too. But now that I know what I'm up against I will have better defenses for it. She's also smart for writing these update logs herself; we might have to have a discussion about that and split that duty. I'll take this new era, she'll take the next, and so on. That's only fair right?

This is some of the most fun we've had together that doesn't involve going on a trip somewhere. I'm loving this. I'm still going to kick your ass at this game, Simmie.

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.