Simmie and Phil's Chat and Storytime Lounge

September13

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I bet! 😄 I'm lucky with my first name because "Simmie" doesn't really have any connotations. It's a real name but rare. When Phil picked it out for me he thought it was a feminine name but it turns out it's actually usually masculine. 😄 It's a pet form of Simon, not a feminine variation as Phil originally thought. I don't mind though, it feels feminine enough for me. And the middle name I'm thinking about is pretty unambiguously female (though apparently there are a few men who have had the name too!)

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Huh 🤔 never heard Simmie for a guy before. Maybe different circles than I run in. The few times I've heard it, I assumed it was short for Simona or something. *shrug* To be fair many name roots have both masculine and feminine variants. I've even met a lady Daryn once. I think that's how she spelled it. Most people just know the hockey player Darren.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Thankfully my name is so uncommon that the main connotation it has in my mind is....me! 😁🥰 

It's funny that Phil chose his alias because of an autocorrect error, because I associate the name Phil with Phil Collins. 😄 But Phil is actually a massive Genesis and Phil Collins fan so it fits nicely! 😁 Also Phil Connors from Groundhog Day (not to mention Phil the groundhog!) one of his favorite movies. I think the name Phil fits him well. 😊

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23

• 2 weeks later...

Cactus flowers are tragically beautiful in that they may take decades for a cactus to be mature enough to form and the resulting seeds again may take years to germinate and then have a very slim chance to survive to adulthood. Perhaps this puts their beauty in perspective.

It's Schlumbergera aka Christmas cactus.

They need more water than ordinary cacti as they grow on trees in Brazil. And kept dark for more than 12h in winter or they won't flower. There are a lot of cultivars which flower at various times from Thanksgiving to Easter, each plant roughly at the same time each year.

Ours is still blooming as well, it rarely set seeds, haven't tried to germinate them as you can easily propagate Schlumbergeras by cuttings. It's decades old, probably much older than host and was inherited from his grandparents.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Super Girls don't cry

Hey all! Just popping in to say we’re back after quite a long absence. Lucy and I have missed you all a ton, especially you, Simmie and Phil! We’re going to try and be more active from now on, but life has us so busy these days. 

L: Simmie you’re expecting OMG we need details! If there’s a post already somewhere pls link it :) Im so happy for you both!

Hi!!! 😁👋 We've missed you guys too!!! Yes, I am indeed expecting! 😁🤰💚 Phil did some art of me a couple months ago, take a look!

Spoiler

image.png

Oh, and if you want details click here!!!

It would be really awesome if you stuck around! Of course I get being busy though. 😊 How have you two been?

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23