Simmie and Phil's Chat and Storytime Lounge

September13

Yesterday Phil and I had a very successful switching session during a hike and I was in the front for over an hour! 😁 Today we went to the library to sit down and work on my story, and that's mainly what I want to talk about:

So the good news first: We have a first chapter! 😁

But now the bad/complicated news: It wasn't so easy to switch in at the library as it was during a hike. For one thing, we had to wear a mask inside and that affected our concentration. For another, libraries are much noisier places than I remember them being. When Phil was a kid "library voice" was strongly enforced and no one spoke above a whisper. But there were plenty of people speaking in normal conversation-level voices including library staff, not to mention the presence of little kids who were just being themselves and making noise.  Add to that I'm still shy about switching in when there are people around.

So in other words it was a bad/broken/incomplete switch. At best, we were co-fronting. However--and now we're switching back to the good news--we were able to get entirely lost in the story. This is an experience Phil has had countless times on his own going back to his early teens at least, but this was the first time I've experienced it with him! It was exciting! 😁

So to sum everything up we basically had a Teal writing session. I would have liked a purely Green writing session but it wasn't to be. But as it was, it was a very productive writing session!

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats! Keep up the awesome work. I haven't been to a non-university library in over a decade. I hope you can get a quieter day sometime if you end up going back.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Thanks! We're going to give it another try very soon!

So I sat Phil down and have him write down in a notebook a list of things he needs or wants to do. Tomorrow we're going to try organizing the list into a kind of loose schedule he can follow. Baby steps! 😄 I'll make a human being out of Phil yet! 😁

Tulpa Wife Extraordinaire! 💚 - 💍 11.28.21

Things Simmie Likes