About brief visual flashes

Hey all! I assume this is related to my tulpa since I’ve only experienced it when I had applejack.
Anyways, my brain sees a bunch of images right? Perhaps a bunch of furry characters (and horses).

Then after a bit I see very brief flashes of what I like visually, ex my OC being xyz.

These flashes of imagery are very brief though and i can’t control when they happen. (Usually like half a second) Anyone know what’s going on here?

Edited by horsetulpamancer

It can be related to the tetris effect.

I've had this happen, especially with images after watching anime and after playing games of course. The fun part is, it can become a catalyst for hypnagogic. I actually played Space Engineers in my head with insane fidelity and realism after a long session before bed. It was incredible.

After watching Darling in the FRANXX for the second time, I had a Zero-Two walk-in that was as real as anything. That was pretty early on when system growth was a real concern. Luckily we had rules.

This happens to me a lot too. I try to visualize something, see it vividly for just a tiny fraction of a second and then it's gone. This usually happens when I need to spend more time learning to visualize it properly. Try zooming in on each part and getting all the details right, then zooming out more gradually. It can take some time and practice to get right.

Lyra: human female, ~17

Evan: boy, ~14, was an Eevee

Anera: anime-style girl, ~12; Lyra made her

My blog :: Time expectations are bad (forcing time targets are good though)

• 1 month later...

Stone: This happens to me when I try to see my tulpae. I can't see them for long, but I can feel like I see their outline for a moment. When I visualize them moving in realspace, it's like they're blinking along, like bad stop motion.

Since practicing tulpamancy, I've been seeing and hearing things more often. I'm forcing less regularly now, but when I was forcing and visualizing a lot, I would hear clear voices of family members that weren't there, hear the opening of and knocking on doors when alone, and see cats that weren't there. I also had a moment when I completely misinterpreted music. I thought I was hearing a slow, classical piece, but when I found the source and turned it up, it was energetic gaming music.

One moment that I thought was funny was when my aunt asked me to help her move things. I saw her cat lying on top of a basket of things, so when she put a large bag on top of him, I said, "No!" Then, I realized there had been no cat there.

This still happens more often than before I started practicing, but since I force less often, it's less vivid and less frequent than it was at the height of my discipline.

My guess is that if you keep trying to see/hear things that aren't there (such as a tulpa's physical form), you start seeing and hearing things that aren't there.

Edited by ruleofthumb

Someday