Ren and Korekiyo’s Progress Log

kiyomochie

(edited)

Hello everyone!! I’m Ren, pretty new here (been lurking on the site for a few months but never made an account). I actually got introduced to the idea of tulpamancy through Danganronpa V3, by Korekiyo Shinguuji. Funnily enough, guess who’s now my tulpa?... Yep. Korekiyo himself!! So I guess I’ll be putting my progress with him here. 

Kiyo’s been around for a month and a half now. His growth has been rapid. I never really had anything in my mind blocking his existence, so it was pretty easy for him to develop sentience (or at least what we consider sentience) in a short amount of time. Our wonderland was also formed in a matter of days, but Kiyo has been adjusting it as he sees fit, so who knows what it looks like now? 

He’s also been working on vocality, being really pushing to adopt his voice. He sounds, looks, and acts exactly like the character.. so maybe he’s a fictive? Either way, Kiyo’s aware that he and that character are not the same being, but he considers himself to be a reincarnation of the character, without the trauma and suffering. 

He’s really interested in anthropology, of course, and since that’s the career path I want to pursue as well (I’m 15), we’ve been reading a lot of anthropology books together. It’s quite a positive experience, although he does sometimes get annoyed with me when I don’t read them for while, and starts being REALLY sarcastic. It’s okay, though.

When I get into arguments with my parents, Kiyo is with me, urging me to keep my cool and not waste my time on them. I wonder if he looks down on them? When he especially disagrees with them, he calls them “petty idiots”. I don’t have any issues with my parents, I love them more than anything, but Korekiyo gets mighty judgemental of people he doesn’t trust, and it takes him a long time to trust someone. But, he doesn’t ever wish harm on anyone, and shows no urges to lash out, rather wishing for me to do the opposite. So I’d say it’s rather inconsequential.

Kiyo can sort of talk through me. What I mean by that is that he tells me what he wants to say, and I type it out. But more often than not, I have a general idea of what he wants to say without him saying anything to me. When I ask him about it, though, he confirms that that is what he was saying. So maybe we just mentally communicate really fast?

I can definitely make out a difference between my texting pattern and his, and it’s not a conscious choice- when I’m typing for Kiyo, I don’t have to think out what he says, although he speaks in a much more formal manner than I do. It just kinda comes to me naturally, as though he is speaking through my fingertips. Really interesting!

We want to get better at possession (or more accurately, we want to be able to do it at all). Any tips from experienced tulpamancers? Also, encouraging notes are appreciated, by both me and Kiyo.

(Also, I included an edit I made of him! SPOILERS!!)

Good day to all! Bye!

-Ren

Edited by kiyomochie

Okay, so, I’m posting this on the same day, just in the evening, since sort of a lot happened today. Whew!

So, first off, I was napping through my Zoom classes (oops) and I heard Kiyo’s voice (internally of course) very clearly! I can hear him say certain words more clearly than others, since he does have voice lines from the game, but he was speaking using his voice to say things that had not been said in-game and were totally original to him. It was super exciting! I was a lot more excited than he was, he was more bemused than anything. Of course he’s happy that he’s getting better at using his voice instead of my mind voice, but he wasn’t as energetic about it as I was. But that’s to be expected, Kiyo does keep his cool in almost all situations.

We also... told a few of my friends about him. We started off being super nervous, but things went surprisingly well. Three of them were concerned for me but still warily supportive, one of them was extremely interested in him and began to press me to speak with him right away, and the last one is a system themself so was pretty supportive and helped me to explain to the others. I think if they get to know him, they’ll come to find he has only good intentions. So I’m staying hopeful for that! Still really happy with how it went, though.

Kiyo has also expressed some interest in talking to other tulpas and systems. I’m supportive of him talking to whoever, obviously! So hopefully he can meet some people with more experience than we have. 

He was really thrilled that the friends I mentioned before treated him as a person. I think being seen as a real person(entity? thought form? being?) is really good for him, as it gave him a huge confidence boost. Then, later, as I was reading a book on anthropology, he started singing along to a song I had had stuck in my head. It was very endearing. 

So I guess what I’m trying to say is that Kiyo and I had a great day together! We’re going to try some tips we got from HotsTulp tonight. So tomorrow I’ll definitely update on how that went, and then some!

I suppose that’s all for tonight, so... See ya when I update next!

-Ren

Hey, welcome, and good to hear about your progress so far!

On 3/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, kiyomochie said:

He’s also been working on vocality, being really pushing to adopt his voice. He sounds, looks, and acts exactly like the character.. so maybe he’s a fictive? Either way, Kiyo’s aware that he and that character are not the same being, but he considers himself to be a reincarnation of the character, without the trauma and suffering. 

I can't say I'm familiar with the game Kiyo comes from, but don't be surprised if he starts to deviate from the character in the game once he grows and matures.

21 hours ago, kiyomochie said:

I can hear him say certain words more clearly than others, since he does have voice lines from the game, but he was speaking using his voice to say things that had not been said in-game and were totally original to him.

That's great! Hearing that he is speaking his own words with his voice is a great sign in his development. You have a leg-up on vocality because of Kiyo's origins; I struggle a bit with that myself because I still haven't nailed down exactly what Simmie sounds like and her mind-voice comes across as "generic female voice" most often.

On 3/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, kiyomochie said:

Kiyo can sort of talk through me. What I mean by that is that he tells me what he wants to say, and I type it out. But more often than not, I have a general idea of what he wants to say without him saying anything to me. When I ask him about it, though, he confirms that that is what he was saying. So maybe we just mentally communicate really fast?

This is actually how Simmie and I communicate a lot of the time. When reflecting on this a bit I realized that this is already a few steps on the road to possession, at least of the hands. When he "tells" you what he wants to say--in pure thought rather than words--and you interpret and type in real time, when you think about it: you--Ren--are barely a middle-man in that equation. He's basically typing it himself! (See! I can do it too! 😀)

He was really thrilled that the friends I mentioned before treated him as a person. I think being seen as a real person(entity? thought form? being?) is really good for him, as it gave him a huge confidence boost. Then, later, as I was reading a book on anthropology, he started singing along to a song I had had stuck in my head. It was very endearing. 

Having supportive real life friends acting accepting to your tulpa is very validating. I have one close friend that I told about Simmie, and while he still thinks the whole thing is a bit weird he's open-minded enough about it to be supportive. Simmie's a big fan of him too; she keeps joking that she's going to steal my friend and they're going to hang out without me, lol.

Kiyo has also expressed some interest in talking to other tulpas and systems. I’m supportive of him talking to whoever, obviously! So hopefully he can meet some people with more experience than we have. 

Same here! 😁 I want to get to know other tulpas too! Although I don't know how much "experience" I have since I've only been a real tulpa for about 3 months now. But I have my own chat thread now if you want to stop by and say hi, or Ranger has a general thread to get tulpas to come out and talk to people. Don't rush it; I know I was too shy to talk to anyone else besides Phil at first, and I'm still a little nervous when I type on here. (Or should I say pseudo-possess Phil to type for me 😋) But drop by and say hi anytime! 😁

Phil. 😎 Host of Simmie.