Anybody here heard of Khechari mudra? (Very weird topic)

neo

(edited)
32 minutes ago, neo said:

But is it not necessary in the same way I don't need a plane to go to mexico, I could just walk there technically. But if you wanna get there you would prefer to take the plane 100% of the time. Or is it more in the ballpark of symbolism? That's my question here, really.

Also have to beware of going to mexico by strapping self to side of a rocket that may or may not get off the ground and may or may not end up on the wrong continent

32 minutes ago, neo said:

I want to know what is it like to experience those higher states of awareness, those experiences that they say to be heaven like. To see what it's like to feel the things that they say it cannot be described by words.
I don't want to reach the end of my life knowing that I could have experienced a subjective form of heaven and chose to not do it. The same reason we do wonderland and stuff like that.

I would stick with working on jhanas, then. There are books for helping achieve them, as well as stuff online. But the shortcut is actually to just go straight and move faster. Doing that means really having clear goals of what you are trying to do and immediate feedback on if you are succeeding or not, with the correct attitude (you can't let frustration or impatience get the best of you, and don't beat yourself up), and to practice as often as you can. I'm not sure how much you are meditating currently, but I was doing 1-3 hours a day consistently at my best, consisting of formal sits of at least an hour, but also would pepper day with shorter meditations, and generally trying to be as mindful as I can remember as often as I could. I felt better than I ever had in my life during that time, and it was what had me have experiences I believe were piti, a jhana factor. Even without piti, things were great, but I could see how developing it more would have done a lot. Unfortunate life events derailed me though, so you have to be careful of that. Awakening gives happiness and satisfaction independent of conditions, so it won't fall away like jhanas or stable meditation might if something goes wrong in life.

Edited by TB

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

3 minutes ago, TB said:

Also have to beware of going to mexico by strapping self to side of a rocket that may or may not get off the ground and may or may not end up on the wrong continent

Very true LMAO

4 minutes ago, TB said:

I'm not sure how much you are meditating currently, but I was doing 1-3 hours a day consistently at my best, consisting of formal sits of at least an hour, but also would pepper day with shorter meditations, and generally trying to be as mindful as I can remember as often as I could.

This is more or less what I'm currently doing, except I wasn't looking into any guides or anything formal. So whenever I have a very strong breakthrough, I immediately assume I'm having a stroke or a brain fart or something, then I get scared and stop. So I need to find out what are the limits of what's actually safe to try. Or what is the expected experience so that I recognize them when I see them.

7 minutes ago, TB said:

I believe were piti, a jhana factor.

I'm not aware of what that is, I'll look into it.

Thank you for taking the time to respond btw.

If it helps, I achieved what I did primarily with the book "The Mind Illuminated". It is a really clear set of instructions on how to meditate that will lead to those things, and is maybe what you were looking for. Just practice the technique described diligently, and it should be inevitable, and if you get stuck, you can ask for help from others who have done these things. Reddit has a community around usage of the techniques and advice in that book specifically. It is also good to just be interested and look into other sources for doing the same thing to get a well fleshed out idea of what should happen and what to expect from many perspectives. At the same time, be careful of letting expectations lead to disappointment, as you want to avoid that too.

These writings of the author of the book seem to be a lot of the things he ends up saying in the book himself later, if it is easier to look at these

http://culadasa.com/writings/

Culadasa translates piti as meditative joy, though its also been translated as rapture and other words like that, and the cultivation and maturation of it is where you probably heard of those blissful heaven like states. It feels like intense pleasurable energy coursing up and down your body, and when it happened to me it startled me because I didn't expect something like that to happen at my point of practicing and didn't immediately know what it was. First jhana is filled with it though, and then it matures into 2nd jhana which consists of sukha, or happiness, and so forth. Those words refer to specific things too though, which is also why you have to be careful. You might feel subjectively happy while meditating and it not be that, you have to look to see if all the evidence is there.

It is experiences like that that make me think that is where ideas for ki come from. It really makes you feel like there is something powerful and much larger inside of yourself. It makes sense why there are stories of ascetics going into mountains to train and unlocking all the cool stuff. I don't think it will actually make you fly though, but it can make you feel weightless.

Anyhow I hope that helps

Creation for creation's sake.

More of my drawings

Resident Dojikko

(edited)

(and not to ruin the fun, but your pineal gland that "might make DMT" is way back in your brain, the pituitary gland is the one above your mouth - not that your tongue can reach your brain in the first place, since your ethmoid bone is in the way)

Edited by Reisen

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

3 hours ago, Reisen said:

(and not to ruin the fun, but your pineal gland that "might make DMT" is way back in your brain, the pituitary gland is the one above your mouth - not that your tongue can reach your brain in the first place, since your ethmoid bone is in the way)

That's correct, but from what I understood you're supposed to stimulate it by applying pressure on the area that's next to it and not necessarily interact with it directly. I also heard that some of the families that practice this have a myth that you're supposed to "break the skull", while this is a metaphorical thing there are people that believe this literally. So I guess this kind of practice is very dangerous if you just follow it blindly.

But at the same time, the other things that I learned about Kriya yoga have been by far the most effective way of meditation that I've found. Which is why I'm interested in investigating this one, because the other stuff worked.
A lot of the practices are very effective but they don't have the language to explain it in that way so a lot of people assign all kinds of mythology to it.

But what it is really is a bag of physiological tricks to turn up your meditation to 200%.

I found a really informative channel that explains this well. I recommend listening to this dude it helped me a lot to skip through all the bs to find the really valuable stuff in there:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcXwc0ArDa6a2ew5nFyFFDQ

Anything related to Kundalini is also a visualization/imposition exercise. Just ignoring the spiritual implications and doing the exercises have improved my imposition a lot.