Michael's general question thread

This is a thread I made for questions that i might randomly have, I already have a question actually. My tulpa isn't vocal and only speaks tulpish so far, which I bad at understanding and was wondering if communication through lucid dreams is possible and if it would be an easier for of communication for him

Do not impersonate another user's nick.

6 hours ago, michael2 said:

My tulpa isn't vocal and only speaks tulpish so far, which I bad at understanding and was wondering if communication through lucid dreams is possible and if it would be an easier for of communication for him

It depends, and it is not necessary for communicating with your tulpa. Lucid dreaming is not something most people can easily achieve, and even if you do achieve lucid dreaming, you will need to take extra steps to ensure you don't lose dream control. If you have never had a lucid dream before or never worked to achieve lucid dreaming, learning how to lucid dream may not be worth it. If you have already practiced the skills for lucid dreaming and/or you plan to lucid dream anyway, it could be helpful for building confidence with speaking to your tulpa. However, lucid dreaming is not required to communicate with your tulpa. With more time forcing, eventually your tulpa will sound less like you and become easier to differentiate.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

ive been lucid dreaming for a while now, almost every other night, im just wondering if it would make communication easier because were both in the subconscious

(edited)

Ah, I see. In that case, sure, I'd give it a try. I haven't heard of someone already capable of lucid dreaming consistently creating a tulpa. My guess is it might make things easier, or it won't do any harm.

Edited by Ranger
Took out strange and embarrassing phrasing, I have no idea what I was trying to type there.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

(edited)

I've been wanting to research and write a guide on lucid dream tulpamancy for years, but.. I haven't been successful in lucid dreaming.

Still, I'd say it's a powerful supplementary development method, although you'll still need to practice traditional waking tulpamancy techniques to establish the actual independent, autonomous person existing in your mind at the same time as you part - dreaming will only help with... just about everything else, from personality development to perhaps even creating them in the first place. I don't know the limits or true practicality, unfortunately.

Though I will say that a tulpa is far more prone to "invasive thoughts" while dreaming of them, if you can call them that. Basically, you'll need a very stable dream environment and mastery over dream control/lucid dreaming to keep it your tulpa that you're interacting with. Dreams have a way of drifting people into being other people, and also, tulpas-by-appearance in dreams often aren't really themselves, at least until you've consciously made the dream character become your tulpa.

I like to think of this as your tulpa also being asleep/non-lucid in a dream, and you're waking them up/making them lucid to make them become themselves.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

thanks luminesce, thats about what i thought. hes already sentient just im bad at understanding him, differentiating his thoughts from my own

You may be thinking of Bear and co.'s "lock-merge", they wrote a thread about it here. I don't want to try and explain it, I don't think I can explain it correctly. It's a possible end result after multiple headmates merging.

I haven't heard of a "merge lock" otherwise, at least not that phrasing before.

There is such thing as a permanent merge, but that's just merging with the intent on staying a merge forever. There is also integration, which in some contexts is the same thing. Evergreen talked about his process and thoughts here.