I’m a pretty nostalgic guy, so my sense of old and new is unusual apparently. How long does a topic generally have to be inactive for in order for a new post to be considered necroposting? 

It really depends on the site. Maybe more than a month? From what I understand, on this forum it's preferred to bring back an old topic than creating a duplicate topic, but I don't want to speak for the mods/staff so don't take my word for it.

Also known as GypsyRoad or Phil Present. Call me what you want, I'm not picky.

Simmie is my lovely tulpa, she's quite young still but is eager to meet and chat with new people so don't hesitate to say hi!

(edited)

Necroposting, as defined bellow, is posting to a thread that's a year old:

FORUM-SPECIFIC RULES

Creating an exact duplicate of a previous thread or bumping a very old thread is allowed with certain stipulations.

3. Necroposting is allowed unless:

• there's an exact duplicate on the first 3 pages of the forum OR
  • an exact duplicate younger than 1 year old exists

Generally, it's usually safe to necro a thread, but I recommend checking to see if a new duplicate thread exists first.

12 minutes ago, September13 said:

From what I understand, on this forum it's preferred to bring back an old topic than creating a duplicate topic, but I don't want to speak for the mods/staff so don't take my word for it.

I think everyone has a varying opinion on thread necroing. I don't really care either way, I don't hesitate posting to old or new threads.

Subjectively, I think anything beyond 2016 is old, but I'm biased because I came to the forum in 2018. I have a hard time viewing a 2018 thread as old, but three years ago definitely isn't new anymore.

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, Gray's/Cat_ShadowGriffin's tulpa, and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff.

My other headmates have their own account now.

Temporary Log | Switching LogcBox | Yay! | Bre Translator

(edited)

normally sites don't like necroposting and prefer you re-create the topic (or a similar one) again just because it's nicer that way, but on this forum specifically sometimes context matters, like, if a thread is a big "everyone give their input!" thread it's often better not to make a new one, but if the thread is literally nothing but people replying 7 years ago, it could be better to recreate it because that huge gap in time is going to make people less immersed in the thread, if that makes sense

this forum specifically practically never enforces the classic necroposting rule, but we still want you to give consideration to whether a thread should be brought back from years ago or remade to be started again fresh in current times

Edited by Lucilyn

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas