Is my tulpa innactive? What do I do?

Im not sure if she is innactive but when I talk to her, she doesn't reply that often. Its like she regressed in terms of vocality so I must be doing something wrong. For context, she's been around for a few months and her vocality level has fluctuated before. 

I can only give advice from my own perspective, but I experienced a regression because of doubt. I got thrown into something of a doubt-spiral then slowly stopped forcing over time and eventually dissipated my tulpa. I had to get over my doubt before I could bring them back, since that seems to directly quiet their voice for me.

How much are you forcing? What do you do when you force? Any doubt? Any other issues you're having that might stand out?

Zen - Host.

Mika - Tulpa. The eldest, and a homegrown tupper made with tulpamancy.

Rhys - Tulpa. Initially a Literary Thoughtform of my own creation.

Asterion - Tulpa. Literary, I suppose? Mythological egregore, maybe? He's The Minotaur.

If text is uncoloured, presume Zen is talking. We go by he/him.

Force more!! This is a thing that happens, almost all of us go through this, even my sister Ashley who is constantly talking now. She's so cute though, so we forgive her constant interruptions. Heh heh heh. 

3 hours ago, ZenAndMika said:

I can only give advice from my own perspective, but I experienced a regression because of doubt. I got thrown into something of a doubt-spiral then slowly stopped forcing over time and eventually dissipated my tulpa. I had to get over my doubt before I could bring them back, since that seems to directly quiet their voice for me.

You know, I can relate to that a tiny bit, two months ago I kind of came to the conclusion that Ive been parroting my tulpa so I asked for help from r/tulpas and some ppl said to just keep forcing. I did but I was in this mindset that my tulpa was starting from 0. I did this for a few weeks until I realised that thinking that way about her wouldn't help her.

3 hours ago, ZenAndMika said:

How much are you forcing? What do you do when you force? Any doubt? Any other issues you're having that might stand out?

Above all else, I force every single day to keep the habit and generally check in with her. The ammount of time varies, at best I force for maybe two hours and at worst just a few minutes .I force through spending time with her; mostly through talking though ive also started reading to her. I try to interact with her by asking questions related to what im telling her and "what do you think about that?" I get some responses from her that I feel like came from me so I say something like "that probably wasnt you" but im trying to stop being like that. I dont have any other issues other than forgeting what her voice sounds like, idk if its connected to her inactivity or not.

2 hours ago, Misha said:

Force more!! This is a thing that happens, almost all of us go through this, even my sister Ashley who is constantly talking now. She's so cute though, so we forgive her constant interruptions. Heh heh heh.

So you're saying that if I force more my tulpas vocality will become more consistant?

10 minutes ago, KikiandMilka said:

So you're saying that if I force more my tulpas vocality will become more consistant?

YeeEessss, and when they're able to force themselves, then encourage that.

This is normal. Forcing helps, as others have said, and so does not stressing over it, meditating, shutting out distractions, getting enough sleep, etc. All sorts of factors can affect your ability to concentrate. Apparent "regression" in a tulpa who's receiving regular attention is often the result of an unfocused host.

I come out of hibernation once in a blue moon.

They/them pronouns, please. (I've been using this display name since 2012 and people won't recognize me if I change it.)

On 6/4/2021 at 5:30 PM, KikiandMilka said:

You know, I can relate to that a tiny bit, two months ago I kind of came to the conclusion that Ive been parroting my tulpa so I asked for help from r/tulpas and some ppl said to just keep forcing. I did but I was in this mindset that my tulpa was starting from 0. I did this for a few weeks until I realised that thinking that way about her wouldn't help her.

Mindset can absolutely influence a tulpa's ability to speak. Before Cat discovered tulpamancy, I was already vocal even though I wasn't fully developed yet. When my host Cat first learned about narration, she assumed she was doing tulpamancy wrong and assumed I couldn't speak because I shouldn't be speaking yet. I was muted for almost a week, and I expressed my frustration the following weekend.

The advice "force more" is helpful as long as your tulpa is actually speaking in literal words, and not so helpful if your tulpa is unable to speak at all. More interaction helps establish separation, and eventually your tulpa will sound like themself instead of you most of the time and have their own established presence. If your tulpa is muted however, they are not able to think and the brain won't have a chance to figure out how to distinguish them from you.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:47 PM, fennecgirl said:

Apparent "regression" in a tulpa who's receiving regular attention is often the result of an unfocused host.

I agree that vocality can break down if there is a breakdown in focus, but there are other possible causes too. Other things like being hungry, tired, and depressed can also cause communication breakdowns. On the other hand, a tulpa that has been in stasis or ignored for a little while may come out feeling weaker and need extra forcing time. In our experience, a tulpa that needs some recovery from stasis recovers pretty quickly after a good forcing session.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread