I need help, i'm hearing voices that isn't my tulpa.

(edited)

Hi guys, i made a few posts in here before, i always liked the replies you guys give, show me lots of insight from points of views i would take years to realize by myself, so already thanking you guys in advance.

Back when i was younger like around 16~19 there was 1 house i used to live in specific which i could meditate pretty nicely before falling asleep.
The very first happening which did actually make me become very worried, 1 other night back then i heard vividly the sound of like 5 people on a roller coaster, like both cheering and scared sounds of screams
(i did never even know what was a tulpa back then)
I remember it did disturb me, i woke up, i stood up, perfectly awaken, i was still hearing it PERFECTLY, it did scare me a lot, it kept going for like 7 mins and then it ended
(i almost wanted to pierce my eardrums to see if those sounds stopped, in a more emotional response that i would obviously not actually do, it was just so daunting)
this happened 2 nights but only this first time it was so long and haunting, i never understood WHY that happened.

---Enough of the past, cutting to present in these days, actually today earlier in fact---
Those  "haunting noises" never happened anymore BUT, earlier today i was following this guide to be able to hear my tulpa's actions thoughts and words. https://tulpanomicon.guide/easy-guide-on-how-to-hear-your-tulpa.html
i was very intrigued by it, its like explaining how to meditate with different and motivational mindset. so of course i was trying it.
problem is, earlier today when i just woke up, and i couldn't sleep anymore, i was meditating nicely when i started slowly to hear ALOT of different people, as if i was in a dream, its like over 17 people having fun in a park, they go like "ayeeeeéé" and basic crowd talk sound on the back. Lucky enough, i can only hear those when there is literally no thoughts in my head, so it wasn't as much scary.
I could control it and stop it this time but it would take me off my meditative state.
That is one of my worries, now putting my objectives in a different perspective, i still very vaguely can feel my tulpa, even with my best effort mentally :/
Guys, i don't know what to do, i am working on my tulpa since 2 months and 5 days, i only felt like her response only once EVER, it wasn't even a voice response from her.

Now i'm kind of scared i could enable these voices that i know for sure its NOT my tulpa
i'm scared they could become worse when i become better at meditating.
Lucky enough i never had that endless 7 mins of torture ever again, but, i still fear it because it is not what i want, how did those voices start so suddenly again? why?
should i keep going this specific meditation way to feel my tulpa and start connecting to her? i'm kind of scared about these crowd noises that overwhelm my meditative state, and i still didn't hear any signs of my tulpa in so long :/
(Reminding that you can reply with your personal point of view so, answers don't need to be similar to each other)

Edited by HoldenToledo

Do these voices sound like they're inside your head or outside? 

42 minutes ago, HoldenToledo said:

remember it did disturb me, i woke up, i stood up, perfectly awaken, i was still hearing it PERFECTLY,

Hallucinations aren't always linked to psychosis. Sometimes exhaustion can cause it but apparently you weren't tired here. I suffer from a disorder that has symptoms of psychosis but I don't experience voices, so I can't say for sure what its like to actually hear voices like that. I know the voices can be a lot of things, or sometimes not voices at all and instead sounds. 

Hope all is well though :( sounds scary

11 hours ago, Tifu said:

Do these voices sound like they're inside your head or outside? 

Hallucinations aren't always linked to psychosis. Sometimes exhaustion can cause it but apparently you weren't tired here. I suffer from a disorder that has symptoms of psychosis but I don't experience voices, so I can't say for sure what its like to actually hear voices like that. I know the voices can be a lot of things, or sometimes not voices at all and instead sounds. 

Hope all is well though :( sounds scary

Hi tifu, yeah i know for sure i wasn't dreaming when this happened lately, it wasn't as strong and scary as my very first time when i was a teenager, the fact that the tone of the voices were similar is what mostly concerns me, i wonder if i should seek some other way to connect to my tulpa, or what i should do.
the voices i hear aren't loud nor very disturbing but, i always feel like i hear them on the back of my mind when i get to actually meditate
i wonder how common that is or if other people had this before..

When you're just waking up, you are more prone to getting random voices through hypnopompic hallucinations. It's very common. When you're just going to sleep it's called hypnagogic.

We get that and we enjoy it because it's often entertaining and funny. Sometimes it allows us to speak through the "hallucination enhanced voices" and we can "hear" each other in interesting ways. 

It's often random though, completely odd for sure.

(edited)

This is an unfortunate, rare type of problem that some people experience in the state between sleeping and waking, though it can happen while falling asleep, waking up, or presumably while meditating or napping while tired (or soon after waking up). It's most well known as "exploding head syndrome" - because people just love the name - though in your case it's just "hypnagogic hallucinations" or "sleep hallucinations", probably. It could be something else, but that fits from the sound of your experiences. The overarching name for these sorts of problems is "parasomnia"

There's probably not a ton you can do about it - there isn't for exploding head syndrome, last we checked - but I can try to offer non-professional but well-educated advice.

I recommend that you avoid any activities around sleeping or waking times - regardless of being tulpa related or not, just any activities - because parasomnias are more likely to occur when your brain is between the waking and sleeping state. So doing anything that keeps you mentally aware while falling asleep, or drowsing in bed after waking up (but not actually getting up or totally falling back asleep) are dangerous. In your specific case here, you should also avoid practicing meditation/tulpamancy directly before and after sleeping.

Assuming it IS a parasomnia you have, you should be perfectly safe practicing tulpamancy during normal waking hours, as long as you aren't tired enough to nap for example. If problems persist even in the middle of the day/being very awake though, you've got some different even rarer problem that no non-professional could help with.

Edited by Reisen

Hi guys, plain text is just me now! We've each got our own accounts: me, Tewi, Flandre, and Lucilyn. We're Luminesce's tulpas.

Here's our "Ask Thread", and here's our Progress Report (You should be able to see all of our accounts on the second page if you want)

(edited)

Hi there, SheShe and Reisen thanks for the amazing answers, it happens pretty rarely but i actually don't meditate often, i either fail most times (falling asleep) or these voices appear in my mind.
i think 30% of the times i meditated for real, this did happen.
At least its not a extremely worrying thing then, that is good, i feel relieved.
for future references in case this happens again, at least i can come back here and read these answers, even if i do need professional help in the end i will have a head start in what to tell them, so thanks for that!

Edited by HoldenToledo

• 5 weeks later...

Sounds like sleep paralysis hallucinations, induced by the fact that you were meditating and you were drifting between NREM and REM

If I had a penny for every garbage I heard during those moments I would be a trillionaire

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]