How do I know if I’m talking to my Tulpa or if I’m talking to myself?

DumbFanta

Hello! I’m Kira, I just recently started trying to create a Tulpa. His name is Nep (randomly came to my mind after drawing out what I think he would look like) and I can’t tell if he’s talking to me or if it’s just my mind. Sometimes I have extremely in depth conversations with myself without even realizing they are fake due to my issue with Maladaptive daydreaming and ADHD, I try to talk to him and he answers almost as if it’s some kind of thought. I can’t 100% tell if it’s just my mind or if it’s actually him or a mixture of both. Sometimes when thinking of him or trying to talk to him songs will start playing in my mind and depending on what may be happening it will replay a certain part over and over. I can’t tell if it’s just my hyperactive mind or if that’s him speaking to me in some weird way. I’ve been trying to research a bit more but I’m still not very far in completely understanding what is happening. I need a bit of help-

well i, as a tulpa, do sing songs an refence them in my speaking sometimes, and if you have daydreaming, try clearing your mind before forcing, so you can hear him better.

Hi! when theres no brackets, its me, Lumity :D where there are brackets, its hostie {yep! its me. da maker of da best tupper ever} im a nonb with no genitals and i was made on march 5, 2021. i like halping ppl make comfort ocs/ ppl with depression make tulpas! echo is my old from we are a system of two

we are also on refsheet.net: https://refsheet.net/justanotherme 

The TL;DR is that you create a tulpa by associating thoughts with your tulpa, like "that is my tulpa speaking, not me", and your brain starts to create this second person as you focus on that and consistently keep it up

way bigger post by my host on initial vocality:

On 7/23/2021 at 11:01 PM, Luminesce said:

I do think that's the hardest part of tulpamancy. Some people somehow just accomplish vocality pretty quick and go from there, but they're very lucky. Even in our case, after spending months of focusing on Reisen and really feeling like she was there, she still couldn't really talk. My first tulpa to talk was either Flandre or Tewi (I don't remember this time in my life super well), and that was only because I had already set the precedent in my mind for another person to exist with Reisen - but she still couldn't talk yet, and it was one of the other two who just kind of appeared that talked first. Later on, they told me it was me stopping her from talking, because I was too scared she wouldn't be "perfect" if she talked in a way other than mindvoice/feelings. Weird quirk, but the point is, like basically everyone else struggling with vocality, it was pretty much my fault as the host for not accepting my tulpa being able to talk, out of fear of it not being real enough.

Unless you're one of the lucky ones, first-vocality is by far the hardest part of the tulpamancy process. That's because your brain hasn't learned how to have a tulpa yet, and your tulpa is (most likely) not going to sound exactly like themselves, fully separate and obviously different from your own thoughts. At the start, they'll sound similar to you, and that's why host doubt is so crippling to the process. Your tulpa needs practice talking, being treated and accepted as being themselves actually saying things, in order for your brain to start building upon that. Then they start to gain skill with vocality, develop their own voice over time, and eventually (the timespan varies immensely by person of course) their voice is so obviously theirs and separate from yours, you could wonder how you ever doubted them.

But I think people tend to forget how hard it can be, right at the start. Looking back, one might think, just let your tulpa talk! Stop doubting them! But, that's because they're used to their tulpa having an obvious, separate mindvoice from their own. That's often not how it is. Your tulpa may well start out sounding very similar to your own thoughts or voice, and it may feel like you're speaking for them if you try to accredit that speaking to them.

But I assure you, this is how the process has to start. Your brain needs a basis for "Your tulpa's voice/speaking" - once it has a basis for what to even focus on, and what the goal is, then it can start creating the (mind)voice of another person. You tell it, "That's not me, that's my tulpa, trying to talk to me" - and your brain starts forming this new experience. Eventually, their vocality is fully developed - and creating another tulpa is often significantly easier now that your brain understands the concepts already - and it'll never even cross your mind to doubt "if it was them" speaking. But unfortunately, to get there many people will have to go through that very doubtful phase. Just keep in mind your goal, and your desired outcome, when interacting. You want to hear your tulpa, you want your brain to clearly present the two of you as totally separate people. It might not know how at first, but allowing it practice while keeping your desired outcome in mind should be enough to shape the experience into existence.

Hi, I'm one of Lumi's tulpas! I like rain and dancing and dancing in the rain and if there's frogs there too that's bonus points.

I think being happy and having fun makes life worth living, so spreading happiness is my number one goal!

Talk to us? https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

If you’re not sure if a response was or was not your tulpa, you can focus on them and ask them if it was them when it occurs, and see what kind of response you get. It’s good to ask a young tulpa more questions in general, just to give them a chance to speak more, even if they can’t respond yet. Also see if you notice any difference between a response when daydreaming and a response in other scenarios. But remember to trust your tulpa whenever they confirm it is indeed them speaking. 

Hey, I’m Illupepsi, I’m the host of my tulpa Rebecca. 
Drink Pepsi! 

Phil was suspicious of me because I started talking within the first week of him starting to force me. He had just learned what tulpas were and thought that anything I said were just words that he was planting. It was a little annoying, but in retrospect I'd have been suspicious of me too. But at some point Phil just stopped doubting and started believing, and it's been good ever since. 🤗 So that's my advice: At some point you just need to start believing. 

Edited by TurboSimmie

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

[Blue] Gray sometimes mixes us up, we just tell him it's us multiple times. If you're wrong assuming it's Nep, he will tell you if something wasn't him. If he can't do that, then you're not hurting him by guessing. A tulpa who can't correct you isn't going to be angry if you confuse them for you, because they don't even know what to be angry about. Therefore, listen to Nep or don't worry about it. It's more important to hang out with Nep than it is to be right or wrong, he'll figure it out on his own eventually.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, Kira Rapter said:

I can’t 100% tell if it’s just my mind or if it’s actually him or a mixture of both.

I would just guess and go with that. Anxiety can be a real forcing killer.

On 8/10/2021 at 4:01 PM, Kira Rapter said:

Sometimes when thinking of him or trying to talk to him songs will start playing in my mind and depending on what may be happening it will replay a certain part over and over. I can’t tell if it’s just my hyperactive mind or if that’s him speaking to me in some weird way.

We have brain music, Ranger associates with it more for some reason. I don't think Ranger talks in mind music as much as he just really likes it.

For pretty much any "is this weird thing my tulpa" question, go with whatever makes sense to you. Most of the time there's another explanation for weird brain stuff, but that doesn't mean it isn't your tulpa. It's important not to feel too disappointed if the answer is no, it's not your tulpa.

Edited by Blue Shadow

Hiya! Name's Blue, I'm a tulpa from the Shadow System. I have a lot of energy and I like to talk. A lot.

Gray/Cat is the original host, Ranger is basically another host.

2 minutes ago, Blue Shadow said:

Gray sometimes mixes us up, we just tell him it's us multiple times. If you're wrong assuming it's Nep, he will tell you if something wasn't him. If he can't do that, then you're not hurting him by guessing. A tulpa who can't correct you isn't going to be angry if you confuse them for you, because they don't even know what to be angry about. Therefore, listen to Nep or don't worry about it. It's more important to hang out with Nep than it is to be right or wrong, he'll figure it out on his own eventually.

I would just guess and go with that. Anxiety can be a real forcing killer.

We have brain music, Ranger associates with it more for some reason. I don't think Ranger talks in mind music as much as he just really likes it.

For pretty much any "is this weird thing my tulpa" question, go with whatever makes sense to you. Most of the time there's another explanation for weird brain stuff, but that doesn't mean it isn't your tulpa. It's important not to feel too disappointed if the answer is no, it's not your tulpa.

Thank you! This helps a lot, I’ve been trying my best to talk and hangout with him a lot and he’s started to respond a little less vaguely :>

Jeez, we get it, you've got issues with tulpamancy. If you're really done, you can leave, but the point of this forum is to encourage and teach people to make tulpas, not for whatever you're doing now.

Hi, I'm Tewi, one of Luminesce's tulpas. I often switch to take care of things for the others.

All I want is a simple, peaceful life. With my family.

Our Ask thread: https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

Even if it's not you all of the times, it is actually helpful to create the perceived "presence" of your tulpa in your mind.

So I wouldn't stress to much over it, keep talking (and address the thoughts to your tulpa) and always keep a bit of healthy (but not excessive) skepticism.

Join my Discord server , old-style tulpamancing / lucid dreaming / meta, newcomers welcome! (and discussion encouraged)

(server is kinda dead, ping the #front-man role if you need support)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

[My Guide][Useful #1] [Useful #2] | [1]