Adagio & Company

Adagio

Hi! If you're reading this post November 2022... I'm not active here anymore. I've actually edited out a lot of stuff that was in this PR before, as I don't want it online. A lot of the stuff I've said here may no longer reflect my system or my opinions anymore.

If you're wondering about who each of the colors were in my older posts:

Normal text is usually Adagio.

Blue text is TGS.

Green text is T.

That being said, as of 2024, normal text is not Adagio specifically!

———————————

(Original first post)

Okay soooo, I hope I clicked the right buttons. If I didn't, please tell me! I'll probably use this for updates and stuff.

About the people using this account:

Link to the post T wrote about Adagio and TGS

Link to the post Adagio wrote about T

About us:

We're a very, very, very big system. Likely the biggest or one of the biggest systems on this forum. [Edit: Yes, there are thousands of us]

Some of the things we can do that you tulpamancing people seem do a lot includes switching, imposition, and possession. A while back when we were a small system, we tried possession and found it fairly easy to achieve using some sort of symbolic color method. We haven't done it in a long time because why possess when you can just switch in?

As far as imposition goes, we can impose pretty well, although if you stare directly at their imposed form for a while, then it will kind of disappear and they'll have to re-impose.

We can also switch pretty easily. Dissociation is something that came naturally to some of us, although trying to pay attention to the front while dissociated is super hard! One of our other system members can do that, but it took him months of hanging around front to figure it out. I do want to work on switching more, because dissociating isn't exactly something our primary fronter or I can do efficiently because we're used to fronting and being connected to the body's senses.

Our system works a lot differently than most of the systems on this forum, but I hope that's okay.

Edited by Adagio
2022 edit -- edited 2024 to provide more info

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Welcome! My hosts form is a galaxy fox, but I haven’t chosen one. Which one should I have? Also how r u all good at imposing TwT

Local gremlins daydreaming up a tulpa and memories. 

bread (he/they) nyx (they/them) 

Personally, I like human forms for utility. We've found possession easier with humanoid forms, although imposition seems easier with smaller non-human forms.

In our opinion, we can impose fairly well. It doesn't look visually realistic unless it's a smaller non-human headmate, but it always looks like their innnerworld form, which is what we aim for. Most of us don't look like a realistic human or animal or something you see in the outer world anyways. We can do presence and touch (tactile?) imposition very well. I think it comes from our many years of daydreaming. As far as sound imposition goes, we've had a lot of success with one of our headmates who likes to impose himself. When he remembers, he'll impose his voice coming from the area that he's imposed to. We're okay at visuals. Smaller details tend to get lost, but that's normal for our visualization skills and something we're used to. Making things look realistic isn't something we try to do because most of us have forms that don't look realistic. It's easier for us to impose without looking at the imposed headmate. If we kind of glance at the area they are imposed at, the visual holds up fine, but staring at them too long will make it disappear. Re-imposing visually after that tends to be hard and we usually have to take a break before trying again. We don't impose that much. Only that one headmate mentioned earlier likes to impose himself. 

Edited by Adagio

Ooh cool. I like furries and anthros for imposition and possession/switching, and I can be feral too! I tbh love to front online, but we don’t have discord and can’t get it, and everyone else hates tulpas for no fucking reason. I just wish everyone was nice..

Local gremlins daydreaming up a tulpa and memories. 

bread (he/they) nyx (they/them) 

13 hours ago, Forgotpassword said:

everyone else hates tulpas for no fucking reason.

I believe I've already told you this, but most people don't tell others that they're a tulpa system. And from what I can gather, you've been telling people at random, with no rhyme or reason. What were you expecting? A negative response isn't good, of course not, but should be expected when doing something like that, especially considering how you react to people's reactions. If you throw a hissy fit, you're lowering everyone's image of you greatly. Take it from me; I used to tell people a lot that I was the host of a tulpa system, that I was into metaphysics, that I was a furry, whatever, but I don't anymore. Why? Because what purpose was there? If it's a close friend, odds are, they already picked up that I'm a furry, and I'd trust them enough to tell them that I'm plural. The metaphysics part is no longer relevant. You're not gonna see Janey switched in, going around my school, telling people, "Hey! My name is Janey! I'm a tulpa!" because why would she? There's no point! 

I can ramble about that for ages, but if I do, I suggest we do so either in PMs or in a specific thread. While it's on my mind, mods and admins can't, don't, and won't read PMs. Even if they could, why would they? 

17 hours ago, Adagio said:

We're a very, very, very big system. Likely the biggest or one of the biggest systems on this forum.

image.thumb.png.ebab6060ce05fb0cd5997b991d8e94b5.png

How many times have I heard that phrase? 

I believe the "largest system" award goes to Opal System, because they quite literally have more tulpas than I can even begin to keep track of. If I'm not mistaken, it's in the hundreds. I have my doubts about it and their methodology, but even still, we're a system of 18, and Shadow System is a system of 21. How many of you are there? 

Note: Being a big system has its downsides, believe me. Avoid making anyone new if you can. I'm speaking from experience on this one. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

I feel like I've annoyed or offended people, so I apologize if I did. I'm really bad at reading tone.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:45 AM, IceCreeper909 said:

image.thumb.png.ebab6060ce05fb0cd5997b991d8e94b5.png

How many times have I heard that phrase? 

I believe the "largest system" award goes to Opal System, because they quite literally have more tulpas than I can even begin to keep track of. If I'm not mistaken, it's in the hundreds. I have my doubts about it and their methodology, but even still, we're a system of 18, and Shadow System is a system of 21. How many of you are there? 

Note: Being a big system has its downsides, believe me. Avoid making anyone new if you can. I'm speaking from experience on this one. 

Our current system count is over 1000.

I agree with you that being a big system has a lot of downsides, such as how communication gets harder with more headmates. It's also harder to learn new stuff. And at some point, you just can't become a smaller system again, even if you merge people. We've hit that point already.

I probably should explain how our system works.

First off, we're not classified as a tulpa system. Our system does have tulpas, although very few of those who would be called tulpas identify as tulpas. I'm one of 2 people who identify as a tulpa.

I know people talk about how you can't parallel process too many people at once. What we experience is different. Our innerworld supports most of our system. I think about 700 or more headmates live in our innerworld and are active at the same time, and they basically live their own life there. That sounds impossible, but that's what we experience so it can't be impossible for us. As a quick side note, we don't do metaphysical stuff so that's not the reason why we can all be active at the same time.

Our system also grows a lot, and it's not something we can control. A while back, someone in a position of power in our system accidently messed up our system, which lead to our system growing a lot. Back in May, we had about 600 headmates. Our number has gone up a lot slower since then once we realized that being a big system might not be a good thing or something we should want.

We don't really make new headmates as much as just get them. Basically what you call walk-ins, except... different. We also have introjects. But I should point out that we don't qualify for a DID or OSDD diagnosis, and are a functioning multiple system. We don't disclose origins, but we're a lot like mixed origin / multigenic systems.

Ooh and something I almost forgot to say but Icecreeper (sorry, I don't know what to call you), you guys gave us the idea for having a group of fronting people who change every month. We haven't gotten around to working on it yet, but we think it would help our system communication and let other front instead of having one primary fronter for most of the time! I hope you guys don't mind. Please tell us if you do.

Feel free to ask questions and stuff and I'll answer the best I can (or get another headmate to help).

On 9/16/2021 at 8:17 PM, Forgotpassword said:

everyone else hates tulpas for no fucking reason. I just wish everyone was nice..

This was already said but there's no point in running around yelling that you're a tulpa or are part of a tulpa system outside of the tulpa community. Very few people need to know about your plurality, but even then you don't need to explain yourself as a tulpa system.

Again, I apologize if I offended anyone or did something wrong. It wasn't my intention.

Edited by Adagio
2022 update, decided to leave this post here

That sounds interesting. I'm not a stickler for "This Is How Tulpamancy Works (tm)." People go through life differently. You have a system with headmates so that's good enough for me. I thought it would be interested having me and the mrs. and city/world for us to interact with. It does sound very busy and we deal with enough intrusive thoughts/white noise as is. 

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

I'm so curious I don't even know what questions to ask. I guess the first question I can think to ask is: how does a system of over 1000 even function? I can't even conceive of such a thing. We're the complete opposite: it's just my host and me, and that's the way it's going to stay forever, or at least for a loooong time. How are there enough mental resources to go around for all of you? And does everyone have a name, form, stuff like that? Genuinely curious about it!

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

On 9/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, TurboSimmie said:

I'm so curious I don't even know what questions to ask. I guess the first question I can think to ask is: how does a system of over 1000 even function? I can't even conceive of such a thing. We're the complete opposite: it's just my host and me, and that's the way it's going to stay forever, or at least for a loooong time. How are there enough mental resources to go around for all of you? And does everyone have a name, form, stuff like that? Genuinely curious about it!

Everyone has a name, form, personality, and all that stuff! As far as mental resources go, I have no clue how that works. Our brain manages to keep everything going, so I guess we're fine.

We function in a different way than smaller systems. Most headmates never front or haven't fronted ever. They live their lives in the innerworld, unless they're needed. Many of them aren't interested in the outer world because... honestly it sucks sometimes in the outer world and plus we can only have so many people in control of the body at once, y'know?

Having just two people sounds nice. Sometimes I wish I could just be part of a system with me and my host.

Edited by Adagio
2022 edit

It seems a little early for another post, but I really wanted to say stuff so here we go.

Yesterday evening, my host was thinking about making another tulpa. I got really nervous because I guess I was worried they wanted to replace me, but they assured me that wasn't what their intentions were. They didn't make a tulpa because another headmate told them that they already have a tulpa and asked them what possibly would they need another one for. My host didn't have an answer, and realized that they didn't need another tulpa when they have a lot of other headmates they could talk with instead. Plus, they can also talk with me!

After that, my host and I spent some time together and listened to music while arguing about colors. We talked about my voice and how it sounds very similar to someone else's voice in our system, and then my host suggested we could change my voice. I told them I like my voice.

Not much happened yesterday, but I'm realllllyyy excited to get to front today. We're trying to switch more so that our primary fronter (my host) gets used to it again.

Edited by Adagio
2022 edit, removed some stuff