Adagio & Company

Adagio

1 hour ago, Adagio said:

I will say that I've definitely been feeling the disconnect we have to this community a lot more recently. I feel our opinions and views often contradict many others' opinions and views, and we still do have a lot of trouble reading and conveying tone. A lot of our headmates have gotten frustrated with things said here (mostly due to our problems with reading tone and our different views), but that's mostly because it seems so much more different that what we're used to. In a way, us being here is a good thing. We get to be part of this community and bring our what we've learned from other plural communities here. Although the differences from this community we have sometimes can cause frustration for us. I felt the need to say this to just kind of explain the disconnect part, not as an attack. Being in this community has helped the three of us here with our identity and individuality, and we feel we've benefited more from being here than not.

I'm very curious about this, because as far as I can remember, I don't recall you getting into a lot of disagreements with other people about things. Have you mainly been keeping your opinions to yourself? I'd be curious to hear what your different opinions are. If you're not comfortable sharing them with the full forum or want a sounding board first, you can PM me, I promise to be open-minded.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/13/2021 at 6:11 PM, TurboSimmie said:

I'm very curious about this, because as far as I can remember, I don't recall you getting into a lot of disagreements with other people about things. Have you mainly been keeping your opinions to yourself? I'd be curious to hear what your different opinions are. If you're not comfortable sharing them with the full forum or want a sounding board first, you can PM me, I promise to be open-minded.

The thing is, I'd love to shout my different opinions at everyone here, but I don't. I don't get into disagreements because I'm fairly paranoid about saying something wrong. I keep my opinions to myself unless I have the energy to explain my view because there tends to be so much that I just don't agree with.

Edited by Adagio
2022 edit, removed some stuff

My Progress Report, where I talk a lot.

Good day/night to anyone reading this.

One of the things that sets us apart from most other system here is our lack of consistent host (usually). Are there any other systems here without a host or whose host has changed over time? I can think of one or two I've seen around here. I've always wondered what it would be like to have a singular host that doesn't change. Does it get boring, being host?

Edited by Adagio

We remember seeing a tulpa who took over the body after the previous host dissipated. We’re trying to find the thread but are having trouble. 

My host found it.

Also I remember Ranger saying she’s “basically host” in her signature, but I think she’s a tulpa.

And I think Lumi’s system (I hope I’m remembering this correctly) and some other systems do prolonged switching (like weeks or months). Does that count as switching hosts for a time being? I guess it depends how the system sees it.

Stone: I don’t get bored being host usually. When I’m in control, I get to do all the stuff I like to do. There’s always a new YouTube video to watch.

Meaningful words, I'm here!

It's simplest to say that the "Host" is the person who takes the most responsibility for the body's life, usually the original person born into the body and usually the one who spends the most time fronting. Some people might use the word a little differently, but it'd be best if people like in Ranger's case used the term co-host, since I think that removes any possible confusion.

I'm always the host, Lucilyn isn't "temporarily the host" even if she fronts for three straight months as she did once. It's still my life, that I am sharing with my tulpas. You come to those sorts of agreements with your tulpas on a case-by-case basis though, system dynamics vary.

Edited by Luminesce

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

@LuminesceI see. We haven’t thought about the term too much because who’s host is pretty obvious for us. That sounds like a good definition though. I’m not sure if we’d see it the same way if we were in a similar situation, because as you said, dynamics vary.

Meaningful words, I'm here!

Interesting views, and thank you for the responses! In our system, we change hosts frequently, and our personal definition is a headmate who chooses to take care of daily life, which usually involves them fronting a lot. We use the term co-host to refer to people who take the position of helping the host(s) with managing daily life. We've known many systems with different definitions for host.

Edited by Adagio
2022 edit, removed some stuff and reworded for clarity

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

If I were to talk about my day, it would be pretty boring. I very rarely front unless I'm writing something for here. I likely haven't fronted for longer than an hour at a time. Adagio fronts more than I do, but never for very long. He no longer is as interested in having his own portion of our life.

TGS has decided they will continue to take a break from this forum.

Edited by Adagio

(edited)

We're trying to improve our ability to tell who's fronting, which we mostly do through hourly reminders set on our phone that ask who is fronting.

Edited by Adagio
2022 edit, removed most of what was written

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I finally got around to remembering to front and write something, but I honestly thought that it had been longer than 8 days since I updated this. I don't have much time to be able to front today, so I'll keep this fairly short.

I have noticed I've written the past few posts here without Adagio saying anything, and hopefully he will write something at some point because this is his account.

Edited by Adagio