why is there no mental health resource thread for tulpa.info

horsetulpamancer

I don't know if it's a good idea for us to have links to suicide hotlines in a dedicated thread. While I appreciate the thought behind it, I feel like having a thread dedicated to links would imply that we talk about it a lot and we focus on disturbing topics. While this happens to be true given the reality a lot of tulpamancers struggle with mental health concerns, tulpa discussion isn't always about mental health, and even then, it's against the rules to go in graphic detail about self-harm, trauma, etc.

I usually only give someone a suicide hotline link if I feel that they need help beyond what I or anyone else can offer and that need is time sensitive. Having a public dedicated thread might be redundant since suicide hotlines are fairly accessible and easy to find.

If you need help finding links or feel like you need help in general, it's okay to reach out to me or another moderator asking for help. While we are not medical professionals, I and/or another staff member can help you find resources like a suicide hotline or at least point you to someone who can assist you further.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

I also feel like in many cases it can vary by region, depending on what sort of help you need. A quick Google search brings up a bunch of websites. I'm not a mental health professional vet so I don't know the necessity of a bunch of visible links to resources and organizations. In my experience having a friendly, open, welcoming environment is support enough, with check-ins now and again if there's concern about someone. Then if there's trouble, linking the specific person the resources that are relevant to their situation is the next logical step. 

Just as a thought experiment (unless one exists I missed) someone could write up a guide on helpful/safe mental health practices/guidelines in regards to Tulpamancy. Speaking as a layman, of course, unless they do happen to be a professional with training. But as Ranger said it could go beyond the scope of our forums and would require significant tact, forethought and research, depending on how in depth you wanted to go. But as for just hotline numbers that's something that can be provided quickly and easily enough when it comes up.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

26 minutes ago, Glaurung26 said:

Just as a thought experiment (unless one exists I missed) someone could write up a guide on helpful/safe mental health practices/guidelines in regards to Tulpamancy.

Gray considered writing a guide like this, but in thinking about it realized he would end up doing a lot of armchair therapy and mental health advice. I personally considered writing a resource for helping tulpa systems better collaborate with traumatic systems and found myself in the same boat. We decided to abandon both ideas because of it, and at least for Gray's case, he's thinking about repurposing some of the concepts he considered for different guides.

It can be a little to easy to go into overreaching territory. We have general anxiety and autism, but what works for us may not help or even hurt other people. While tulpamancy intertwined with mental health can lead to some interesting challenges, it's really beyond the scope of tulpamancy and should be assessed by a professional.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread