My Tulpa Is Asking For Me To Develop It More? (And Is Talking To Me As Minimal As Possible Until I Do So-?)

Sl33pyBuns

Hello there! My name is Reagan and my Tulpa's name is Jacquie. They are a gender-fluid human neko (except fox), they constantly are changing their voice (not just from their female to male voice, like if they have a British accent, or what pitch their voice is), and the female version of them looks almost identical to the image I attached to this post. But I have a problem... After this huge incident happened where someone tried to label us as "faking a mental illness" (although we denied having DID multiple times), label me (the tulpamancer - Reagan) as not having someone else in my brain with me, and other nasty comments that I would not care to share here, Jacquie started talking to me less and less. Is she/he becoming self-aware? Is he/she going to be okay? Should I give her/him some space or do what they wish which is "develop them more" (which I don't know what they mean by that, I know almost everything about them, doesn't that mean Jacquie should be developed as much as I can do?) What should I do in this situation? I keep trying to assure them that they are as important to me as my other friends and that I don't know what I'd do without them, but... They don't seem to believe me or care. (I first noticed them on September 12th, 2021) I know I haven't had them very long, but in the short period of time I have had them, I've never seen them this depressed. When I first met them, they were mischievous and seemed to enjoy life, but now... Not so much. Now they barely talk to me and only appear when I completely make my mind blank (which takes a lot of effort) and even then we talk for maybe two minutes before they're gone. I'm also questioning whether or not my mental state is affecting them... I have been experiencing a lot of depressive episodes here recently (to the point of almost being unsafe) and I'm wondering if that is messing with them? Is there anyway I can make them less affected if that's a thing? Please help if you know anything, thanks! Jacquie Picrew (Female Version)

Ah, the best advice I can give is to a) march on with Jacquie's forcing, and b) don't tell others about your plurality.

Thinking is believing with tulpamancy; if you think Jacquie is ignoring or mad at you, you're quite likely inadvertently making things just that way. I'm not the best with wording my advice, but the crux of my point is, don't worry about it too much, just stay optimistic. 

As far as the second part goes, I've had several rotten experiences with telling others that I'm/we're plural, but I've also had some good experiences. Like most things in life, it's a mixed bag. However, I urge you to ask yourself, "Why do I want others to know I'm plural?" If you can't find a good reason (which, to be frank, is the far more likely outcome here), then simply... don't tell others. There's a time and a place for everything, an with tulpamancy, you learn with time what said time and place is for these things, if that makes sense. 

All in all though, on behalf of everyone in System Re:Body, we wish you guys luck :) Everyone (as in, .info as a whole) is here to support you, you need only ask. Have a good evening! 

PS: Out of curiosity, how did you find out about tulpas, and what urged you to make one? 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

@IceCreeper909I appreciate the advice! And I found out about tulpas, surprisingly enough, through a horror YouTuber- but then I did actual research into tulpas to debunk some of the myths of tulpamancy and the "what can go wrong" things. I personally have a habit of researching things I'm interested in, and the more and more I dug deeper, the more and more I realized how I wanted one. It wasn't for selfish reason either, unless you count being lonely and desperate as selfish. But, all in all, I'm happy with my decision and I am still trying to figure out how to make things the best for us both of us! I once again appreciate the advice, have a lovely day/night! <3

Don't worry overly much on the selfish bit. Not unless you are benefiting at the expense of others. I created my tulpa in a fit of mental stress and desperation at understanding and controlling my life. I created her to be my life coach, spirit guide and best friend. She's more than happy to be what she is and fulfill the role I created/summoned her for. So while tulpamancy isn't for everyone, creating a friend to provide you with companionship and advice is a very valid excuse. 

If you feel them withdrawing take a step back to assess. What were the reasons you created your tulpa for? What things did you "hit it off" on and enjoy doing/discussing? What are your tulpa's wants and needs? Try to answer these and reconnect with Jacquie. Devote some time for the two of you to get reacquainted and just have fun. 

I agree that keeping tulpamancy to yourself for now would be a very good idea. At least while you are new and struggling to find a good head space. Maybe one day when you are more confident and assured in who you are and what you want, you can reach out to those you trust whom are open minded. Until then just focus on the two of you.

I'm guessing Jacquie withdrew because they were as upset at the incident as you were. I've seen several tulpas by now feel hurt because their host doesn't believe in them, doesn't think they're real, doubts them. It's very natural to feel awkward and weird about tulpamancy. You're rewiring your mind to accommodate more than one person/ego/identity. Many of us worry somedays that we are just role-playing, just making it up. The key is trust your tulpa and to trust yourself that this is real. Not for others but for you. Jacquie wants to know that you trust them, believe in them and that you are taking this seriously. Acknowledge your worries, doubts and influence of your subconscious but don't let that control you. Take charge back from doubt and be there for your tulpa. They will appreciate it.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

35 minutes ago, Sl33pyBuns said:

@IceCreeper909I appreciate the advice! And I found out about tulpas, surprisingly enough, through a horror YouTuber- but then I did actual research into tulpas to debunk some of the myths of tulpamancy and the "what can go wrong" things. I personally have a habit of researching things I'm interested in, and the more and more I dug deeper, the more and more I realized how I wanted one. It wasn't for selfish reason either, unless you count being lonely and desperate as selfish. But, all in all, I'm happy with my decision and I am still trying to figure out how to make things the best for us both of us! I once again appreciate the advice, have a lovely day/night! <3

How commendable, to do your due diligence! 

I wouldn't say your reasons are selfish at all. If I did, then nigh 90% of the people on this forum would be equally as selfish, myself included. I agree with all the stuff Darron has said. Take it nice and easy and you'll do great :) 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space