Naming your Tulpa

2BeeorNot

I have recently created my first Tulpa.  I had trouble deciding on a name and I know I have a tendency to obsess over things like that, so I just chose one of the names I liked. But now I occasionally will forget her name or use a different name.  Should I just really commit to the name I've chose or let her chose her own name?
How have others gone about choosing the name of their Tulpa?

My host picked my name before I was even a tulpa; I was based around a character he created. A few months in he asked me if I wanted to change my name, as he had heard that a lot of tulpas like to pick their own name, but I declined. I love the name Simmie and don't want to be called anything else! 😁

It's actually very common for tulpas to be unsure about what they want to be called early on. Eventually, though, she should be able to tell you whether she likes the name you've picked for her or wants a different one. In the meantime don't worry too much about being inconsistent, although if you keep calling her by the same "wrong" name that could be taken as a sign.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

I don't recall exactly how I chose her name. As far as I know "Jaina" just kinda popped into my head. The only other Jaina's I know are Jaina Proudmoore (Warcraft franchise) and Jaina Solo (Star Wars books). Maybe one of those was on my mind but I didn't specifically name her after them. We had the idea that she's a Danish or Nordic princess. So we went with Lystvand, Danish for Brightwater. So Jaina Brightwater. Or well, my last name now I guess. 😅

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

1 hour ago, TurboSimmie said:

It's actually very common for tulpas to be unsure about what they want to be called early on. Eventually, though, she should be able to tell you whether she likes the name you've picked for her or wants a different one. In the meantime don't worry too much about being inconsistent, although if you keep calling her by the same "wrong" name that could be taken as a sign.

Thank you for the reply. This actually makes sense because I have apologized to her for using the wrong name and she doesn't seem concerned about it.  She just seems happy I'm talking to her.

I love your username 2BeeorNot :)

Names are changeable. Your tulpa can always choose a new name, no matter what you chose for her. Names are like a gift, and they don't have to like it or use it.

You could also give them a temporary nickname. We've done that before with other headmates until they've chosen a name, like just calling them by a letter.

My Progress Report, where I talk a lot.

19 minutes ago, Adagio said:

I love your username 2BeeorNot :)

Names are changeable. Your tulpa can always choose a new name, no matter what you chose for her. Names are like a gift, and they don't have to like it or use it.

You could also give them a temporary nickname. We've done that before with other headmates until they've chosen a name, like just calling them by a letter.

Thanks. I'm a Shakespeare nerd. 

I've started to just call her, 'Baby' for now. She is fine with that.  Well thanks to all for responses. I'm not worried about it anymore.

Others have given their advice and experience and it seems you have come to a good conclusion. I'll still give my experience though.

I never worried too much about names with rare exceptions. How I chose my tulpa's name was, although aware of the fact they may change it later on. I created a random name picker program and put all the names I liked in there. Later on though my tulpa would change there name, form, and personality as time went on. After a long journey it seems my tulpa is immensely happy with who they are now.

So, right now I wouldn't worry too much about it! Just do whatever feels right, pretty much. Those words seemed hollow when I started out, because I put emphasis on a lot of things that make up an identity all at the same time. Which led to problems, but it's possible to overcome.

I apologize if the last bit of this is confusing. I'm just getting my thoughts out about this.

Tulpa can totally grow into names. And if they decide they don't like it, nothing saying you can't change it later. 

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

I gave everyone names, and the only person to change theirs was Esper. He was the first tulpa in our system, and I didn't know what to name him, so I named him "Pencil" as a sort of placeholder. A couple weeks later, he decided to change his name to Esper. No one else has changed their names, though there has been confusion between Kyle and Zach, and Rollin's name isn't the proper spelling of what it's supposed to be (Rollan). It's kinda funny nowadays. 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space