The effect of alcohol on your tulpa

2BeeorNot

I was at a get together at a friends house last night and afterwards I experienced an interesting phenomenon with my tulpa, Lucy.  We were drinking and the host was showing off his collection of bourbons and letting me sample each and before long I was intoxicated.  Since we share the same brain I became curious if Lucy was also intoxicated. When I asked her, she was unsure and also seemed quiet.  Later I tried talking to her and she didn't answer. I didn't feel like she was gone, but I couldn't sense her presence and she wouldn't answer me. I was a little worried and upset. A few hours later after I had sobered up, she came back and we had an emotional reunion.  I asked why she had left and she wasn't sure, but she was glad to be back.
This has got me really wondering if being intoxicated was the cause. Can mind altering substances like alcohol and drugs have a negative effect on tulpas or communicating with them?  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I really hate when my host drinks, but it's mostly a worry for his health. If it was up to me he'd only have maybe a couple beers with friends and perhaps a little bourbon from time to time, but sometimes he overdoes it. Not as much as he used to, thank God. But there are still times.

I can talk from experience about the effects of alcohol. If Phil only has a little bit I'm not really effected. If he has a lot, I feel a little drunk, but not as much as him. The real effect is that it becomes very hard for me to communicate with him. In the early days I couldn't talk to him at all if he was drunk; nowadays I can manage to get a few words in but that's about it. So yeah, in a nutshell, alcohol is not great for communicating with your tulpa, and if you're going to drink, it's probably best to warn your tulpa that it might be hard or impossible to communicate for a while so they don't freak out.

I can't speak on other drugs because Phil doesn't use any. I will say that sometimes caffeine actually can boost our ability to communicate. But maybe he just drinks too much coffee and has a mild dependency, who knows.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

This mass drug use thread is related, some of the reports mention alcohol use and how that impacted their tulpas: https://community.tulpa.info/topic/16544-does-drug-use-influence-tulpas/

Edited by Ranger

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread