Comments and suggestions for the election

Pleeb

and then the next top 3 or even 2 could be backup mods, in case one mod is removed for bad conduct at short notice or we need more mods.

Sounds like we have a plan then. I agree with this mod1, mod2 etc setup.

frt

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how Presidents can't serve more that two terms? Think of that, except with three per year. Those three can be arranged however they wish (provided they are voted for). Like they could be a mod for 1-2, 3-4, and 7-8. Or a mod every other term. Or six months (three terms) and then no other time for the year.

The adding terms possibility is my idea of slowly developing a mod "team". When someone is rated as having been a good mod, they earn a point or whatever. When they have three points, they expand how many terms they serve per year. They can't participate immediately after having served the term that netted them that fourth term, so there is a term-long break.

Is two months too long for a term?

[Note: Opinions]

Sorry for my misunderstandings. So what you're saying is, moderators that do a good job earn the ability to do extra terms, where they would normally be capped at 3?

Also, I think two months would be fine.

Spoiler

An image in a signature behind a hidden tag! 

image.png.4b4fd4a211261c307de1fb4de85312d6.png

Yes, but say they received the third good marks at the end of the 7-8 term. they already have served three terms that year. In this situation, they wouldn't be able to be a mod in the 9-10 term, but they could have a fourth term in the 11-12 term. The next year, they can get four terms. They are a mod for 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6, and received good reviews all three times, earning a fifth term per year. Because this person had four terms previously, they could participate in the 7-8 term. Anything confusing?

So a mod can get a term of Jan/Feb, if they get voted back in they get to do March/April, then they miss a term even if people want them back in? Another mod (or mod team) takes over May/June, but then what if that second mod team is voted back in? What about the first team that earned a 3rd term?

This is getting complicated. It's also subject I think still to people voting in the same mods over and over because trollan. I think. I'm still not 100% clear on how your scheme works.

frt

To be in the running, they have to have served less than three terms (possibly extended using methods outlines above) for that year, and they have to accept it. In your situation, they could accept the May/June term. Some people may to decide to decline the nomination every other month, so their power is spread throughout the year.

And as for trollan, the votes are submitted to Pleeb via PM, so he could see who voted for whom, and therefore if a specific known group is conspiring to vote in one person.