Custom Rules In Your Wonderland

Glaurung26

Just wondering what the custom rules of peoples' mindscapes are. Things like no aging, everywhere is room temperature, all animals are friendly, you can jump as high as you want and land safely, no collision detection, goods and services are free, etc.

The itemized list of ours would probably be extensive and it kinda fluctuates on our mood and needs. Basically god mode toggled on. There's only challenge or (simulated) danger when we want it. RealSpace is stressful enough we don't introduce that in the wonderland. It's there for rest, relaxation, romance, fun and adventure. I'll come up with a list when I'm less tired.

Maybe the most interesting things to me is that it operates in a multidimensional, interplanar kind of way. Lots of "matrix doors and hallways." Travel is free and fast. Which I like. 😊 Many composite buildings, biomes and locations. 

So post anything special or mundane that comes to mind. 

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Hmm, let me think of a few:

• The season is whatever we say it is. Most of the time it is summer or early fall, but sometimes we synch up to the IRL season.
  • In the basement of our main house is a portal that will take us instantly to our mountain cabin. Eventually if we create more permanent locations it will become a network.
  • Real places can be...projected? Reflected? into the wonderland, but usually they are fairly vaguely defined.
  • We just sort of have what we need in terms of food, supplies, etc. I still do chores around the house and garden for realism, but I'll be honest, we don't imagine those in great detail. 😄
  • If we like someone (or a couple), we often imagine them staying at our guesthouse. We don't imagine what they're doing when they're in there, but when night comes, we retire to our house and our guests to the guesthouse. (The fireplace inside there is really, really cozy!)
  • Physics tends to work realistically. (Maybe we should play around with this for fun?)
  • My closet is like the Tardis 😄 Open it up and it's far bigger inside to fit my ever increasing wardrobe.
  • Time can be "stretchy" in the Wonderland. An entire day IRL could correspond to just a few minutes in the wonderland, or vise-versa.

Tulpa Wife & Mother! 💚 

💍 11.28.21 👶 4.7.23
👗 Simmie's AI Dress-Up!   📷 Phil and Simmie's Photographic Adventures!

Kelly: Our wonderland has not much stability with sizes, so anyone can be as tall or small as they want, and room/house sizes aren't consistent.

Semi-cartoony physics apply, generally anything that would hurt or cause damage in reality won't do so in the wonderland.

Likewise, what form you use isn't set in stone, so if you decide to change yourself, you can.

Weather seems random, but it's always daytime. Unless I just randomly haven't seen it be night.

Magic and non-realistic 'science' works.

There's probably more but idk much else off top of head.

Spoiler

Members: Gemini, Raven, Jenna, Hope (Part-Time)

I'm relatively new to wonderlands but I have a few things to note

• Mine is pretty hostile, I have been attacked by thoughtforms my subconscious conjured up, but since its my mind I'm not worried about any real danger, if anything it makes for a good fantasy setting. 
  • Its always pretty gloomy, with a black fog all over the place, this makes sense as my tulpa is made of the same substance. 
  • I have trouble removing things after I visualize them so I made areas where I can throw mental objects into a void. 
  • I have a teleportation system set up where I touch a portal stone to go to any other portal stone in the Wonderland, since this place was made recently I only have 3 stones set up. 

Hi, I'm Michael, I'm a tulpamancer and the original member of the Candlelight Society. I hope to contribute to the tulpamancy community in a positive way.

I'm Shade, the first tulpa. I'm fairly reserved but love philosophy and psychonautics. 

I'm Dawn, I'm the most active tulpa in the system and also the most fun loving/party girl type. 

In our system there is also Spark and Ember, Cinderella, Astra, Scarlet, Jade, Rarity, Aqua, Ignis, Tony, Majima, and Sera.

Our progress report and experiments thread

Our memory experimentation thread

Our system website for different projects and posts

Our headscape is 

• A white, featureless void 
  • Has cartoon physics (kind of) 
  • can be instantly changed to and from certain things depending on the scenario (most of the time for comedic effect) 

No I will not elaborate <3 

Hey there, the name's Bryan. In system Re:Body(In order of the rainbow): 

Sean, Esper, Blinky, Compact, Janey, Kyle, Gwen'd, Gwen, Emily, Rollin, Waynin, Trease, Layy, Justin, Chloe, Zachery, and Elliot. 

I've been here a while. Much longer than I thought I'd be. Our system was founded October 2nd, 2018. In early 2020, we decided that due to our systems exponential growth, we'd limit who would be active. Now, every month, we do a check to see who wishes to be in dormancy and who wishes to be active. Currently, for the month of April, 2023, we've got myself(Bryan), Janey(Co-host), Emily, Layy, Chloe, and Esper(sub-rep). After over 2 long years, we can finally switch :) 

Bryan is currently swapped in as host, Esper is sub-rep. 

"There used to be 7 wonders of the world, but now there's 8, as everyone wonders how much of a fool you are."

Ice909#0065 -- Always down for a chat 

https://discord.gg/89qN59SbRp Plural safe-space 

We use a simplistic rights system where each tulpa gains access to most of the worlds initially. However, depending on needs or issues, this can be adjusted. For instance, initially Jane, who wasn't really the friendliest of people only had access to our main world's castle and her own world City 08 because I was concerned she'd try and do a lot of destructive things. Mirror was temporarily stripped of all rights to bring items to and from other worlds when she moved to our Sherwood Forest macrocosm, this was put into a place as I was certain that otherwise she'd try and abuse the system by cheating. 

Mech has his own world that he was set to run a grand social experiment on as a sort of simulation, he's the only one that has access to that particular macrocosm, not even our omnipresent AI Sarah can index that, so we have no idea what's in there. Funny thing though, when Covid hit, he felt that his initial premise was so thoroughly proven that he felt he no longer needed to conduct the experiment. The macrocosm still exists, but.. I don't even know if time moves in there or not since I can't verify it for myself.

Most things exist for tulpas, pain, death, etc happens, but disease is something we removed mostly because it'd be a mere annoyance considering we have an infirmary where we can instantly heal most injuries. (And believe me, that place has come in handy a lot of times when Jane has returned from City 08, bleeding profusely from half her torso missing) 

The main castle Odylfius that we have basically runs itself, if left undisturbed, rooms soon enough clean themselves and items reset inside of them. It was either that or hiring a staff of servants and nobody wants those people running around at all times. The rest of the worlds operate basically according to their own principles, but most have the normal rules that govern base reality (ie, the real world). 

Upon death of a tulpa, I get a notification and the tulpa in question will respawn in the default spawn point which is located on the patio of Castle Odylfius. To date, all tulpas have more or less agreed to respawn, however Jane is the only one that has the special rule that I will ask her if she wants to live again before reincarnating her. Because as she said it once "Maybe someday, I'll get fed up with this bullshit and say to hell with it."

We only have one major rule in our inner world which is: Don't fuck with the worlds. What this means is that we maintain the masquerade of our true origins and we do our best not to destabilize the worlds. (And.. in the odd times it's happened, guess who gets to do fucking cleanup duty? -> This guy.)

I'm fully aware that ours will function a lot differently than nearly everyone else's here. Ours functions a lot like the outer world. Since our system is so big, 99% of those with innerworld access don't front, so they live a full life out of the innerworld. Those without innerworld access are usually unconscious when not fronting, which is why they don't have innerworld access. Unfortunately, we can't just "give" them innerworld access, or at least we've never figured out how to. It has to do with the layering and groupings in our system.

Our innerworld designer is the person with the most power over our innerworld, and is in charge of keeping it stable and functioning for the many headmates using it. They did name their own role for themself. They're a little weird and hard to track down, but they can change "settings" for different headmates with innerworld access, so then they have the permissions to do more/different things. I'll note that our gatekeeper(s) can affect the innerworld in the same way the innerworld designer can, but he doesn't.

Things like dying or getting badly injured don't happen, mostly because people regularly get pushed off of floating islands in our innerworld. Very minor injuries can happen, and pain isn't really a thing- small cuts will sting somewhat, but falling face-first into concrete after jumping off a building won't hurt at all. Some headmates have a kind of funny Minecraft-like death screen for when they die (it's not really dying by our standards heh), and they respawn in the last place they slept.

Travel is weird. Depending on your role in the system, you might be able to teleport or "fast travel" around. Our protectors, caretakers, innerworld designer, innerworld managers, and gatekeepers can basically teleport around. Otherwise, everyone else walks or rides bikes or scooters. There are teleporters connecting the main areas in the innerworld. We also have very speedy scooters in our innerworld, but no cars because a lot of our headmates are afraid of cars and other large, fast vehicles.

The temperature doesn't get very hot or cold. Some headmates have the permissions to be able to adjust their individual temperature. It doesn't rain often, but when it does it's usually light rain that's not super cold. It also snows a lot! Our littles love the snow, but it only snows in some areas because other headmates don't like the snow.

Usually we have normal physics. It really depends on how our innerworld designer is feeling. So some days, there is no gravity. It once rained backwards. Sleep, food, water, and going to the bathroom aren't technically necessities, but nearly everyone does those anyways. They do kind of matter, but it's like a setting you can turn off for yourself when it gets inconvenient.

We have timezones in our innerworld. Some areas have shorter day/night cycles, some have the same length as an outer world day but with a different time, and the main city is synced with the outer world. I'm not sure how it works when we go on a trip to another timezone in the outer world.

We have a currency in our innerworld. Everyone gets an inconsistent allowance that's supposed to be every day but it doesn't always work like that. Everyone has an inventory place (think of an inventory in Minecraft) that includes a piggy bank to put their money in. Money isn't super important, but it has its uses. Working a job does get you money.

There's not really any set innerworld rules except a few inside joke ones. No one is able to mess with our innerworld because of the power dynamic things.

My Progress Report, where I talk a lot.

I was about to say we don't put enough thought into our wonderland(s) to think about these sorts of details, but then I realized we do have quite a few wonderland rules (and enough to spend roughly four hours writing it all down, god I'm getting tired of this post).

For context, the main wonderlands we have are the following:

• The "old wonderland"- the original place Gray created for our system and we don't really use. We had quite a few skeletons in the closet we had to sort out, but for the most part it's mostly nostalgic and my headmates miss aspects of it more than they have problems with it.
  • Our "current wonderland" isn't really a wonderland, just a bunch of wandering to random places and nothing is connected. Like the old wonderland, there is a focus on the space being part of the mind itself, only this time we don't have designated spaces aside from one symbol servitor that turned into a wonderland space. It's primary functions are to speak with our headmates and to try and solve mind related problems.
  • We have a few dedicated wonderland scenes we reuse every now and then. We have a generic beach scene, a snowy mountain top scene, a living room with a fireplace scene, and a school pond scene.
  • 'Suburbia' was my attempt to create a goofy and safe wonderland I could hang out in while the old wonderland was still scary to me. We did a few things there, but we didn't do much with it.
  • Fernardo created a park wonderland in attempt to make an actual wonderland that was stable with a map. We used it a couple times and Fernardo tried to flesh out some details of the place.
  • The cube- an attempt to create a parallel wonderland that flopped.
  • The experimental wonderland- An attempt to parallel process that turned into an attempt to make a wonderland that generated itself and its own rules.
  • Gerodious's haven- this is still a WIP and I don't think Gerodious decided on what all of the rules are for his personal wonderland yet.

For the most part, all of the wonderland spaces obey the rules of the old/new wonderlands, but there are a few exceptions. I'll list the general rules that I can think of and then I'll list the exceptions afterwards.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:55 PM, Glaurung26 said:

Things like no aging, everywhere is room temperature, all animals are friendly, you can jump as high as you want and land safely, no collision detection, goods and services are free, etc.

• Not every space is room temperature. Most of the time we never think about the temperature of the location, even if it's obvious like beaches are usually hot and parks can be a range from cold to comfortable to too warm. Some intrusive thoughts do lead to feelings of hot or cold unfortunately.
  • The animal rules depend on the context. We did have white ink gators in Molstosha's mirror dimension that were not friendly and the glass animals (deer mostly if any) were neutral if they were wild. NPC animals owned by our headmates are friendly to our headmates, there were a couple of scenes Molsotha's glass baby chicks turned into glass raptors and attacked whoever Moltosha's enemies were.
  • You can jump really high in the air if you want too and land safely if you want too, but only because we don't want you to be hurt and not because the fall shouldn't hurt you. I think Blue was flying/jumping around and Gray created a mattress or something soft for him to land on so he wouldn't hurt. Ryan's horse hung out in the few scenes it was required and Keatan's giant duckling has no problem with being squeezed by Keatan.
  • While we are lazy with how the wonderland is stitched together and not all scenes are correctly rendered, there is collision detection in our wonderland. If there is a door in the wonderland, you shouldn't clip though the door (it happens as accidents, but usually the more emphasis on the door's existence the more likely this rule is respected.). You can't magically float through solid ground and if you are literally standing inside of a headmate, that implies some kind of merging or blending unless it was a rendering accident.
On 12/6/2021 at 8:08 PM, TurboSimmie said:
  • The season is whatever we say it is. Most of the time it is summer or early fall, but sometimes we synch up to the IRL season.
  • In the basement of our main house is a portal that will take us instantly to our mountain cabin. Eventually if we create more permanent locations it will become a network.
  • Real places can be...projected? Reflected? into the wonderland, but usually they are fairly vaguely defined.
  • We just sort of have what we need in terms of food, supplies, etc. I still do chores around the house and garden for realism, but I'll be honest, we don't imagine those in great detail. 😄
  • If we like someone (or a couple), we often imagine them staying at our guesthouse. We don't imagine what they're doing when they're in there, but when night comes, we retire to our house and our guests to the guesthouse. (The fireplace inside there is really, really cozy!)
  • Physics tends to work realistically. (Maybe we should play around with this for fun?)
  • My closet is like the Tardis 😄 Open it up and it's far bigger inside to fit my ever increasing wardrobe.
  • Time can be "stretchy" in the Wonderland. An entire day IRL could correspond to just a few minutes in the wonderland, or vise-versa.

• I don't think we have any wonderland seasons, that's an interesting idea
  • We do not have any transport portals to go to a different location in the same wonderland sadly.
  • We do have a wonderland scene that is a recreation of a real place... more or less.
  • Same here. If we need something we create it
  • Gray does have a quiet and stable 'house' in the old wonderland, it served as a weird get away. I think it was rare for him to invite others in there until he realized there was no point in keeping people out of there.
  • I think for the most part physics are not goofy. Well, Blue can fly with his small dragon wings and this works, so... it's a rule of thumb and not a requirement. Given the fact we are somewhat cartoony ourselves, I think some wonderland actions do get chopped up to cartoon physics.
  • I can't think of a dedicated space with that effect.
On 12/7/2021 at 12:41 AM, LostOne said:

Kelly: Our wonderland has not much stability with sizes, so anyone can be as tall or small as they want, and room/house sizes aren't consistent.

Semi-cartoony physics apply, generally anything that would hurt or cause damage in reality won't do so in the wonderland.

Likewise, what form you use isn't set in stone, so if you decide to change yourself, you can.

Weather seems random, but it's always daytime. Unless I just randomly haven't seen it be night.

Magic and non-realistic 'science' works.

• Size: We try to keep consistent sizes, but we also accidentally and deliberately break this rule a lot. We are more likely to play with different sizes with our open-eyed visualization space than in wonderland weirdly enough.
  • Forms: There is no consequence for changing your form but if your form doesn't feel comfortable or if you're feeling unstable, your form can induce that feeling or reflect that. I currently feel a little awkward because I have a female body but a male mind voice, and Evergreen will change his form if he wants to 'age up' or 'age down'. Keep in mind that these are personally meaningful and not some kind of rule. I speak as a woman while switched-in, Evergreen understands he is an adult, and Gray is comfortable with identifying as she/her in person even though his mind voice and form are usually consistently male.
  • Weather: I swear I mentioned this before, but it's pretty much always sunny and it never rains. We seriously lack creativity here.
On 12/7/2021 at 8:53 AM, Michael Blackwater said:

I'm relatively new to wonderlands but I have a few things to note

• Mine is pretty hostile, I have been attacked by thoughtforms my subconscious conjured up, but since its my mind I'm not worried about any real danger, if anything it makes for a good fantasy setting. 
  • Its always pretty gloomy, with a black fog all over the place, this makes sense as my tulpa is made of the same substance. 
  • I have trouble removing things after I visualize them so I made areas where I can throw mental objects into a void. 
  • I have a teleportation system set up where I touch a portal stone to go to any other portal stone in the Wonderland, since this place was made recently I only have 3 stones set up. 

• Intrusive thoughts: We had a lot of intrusive thoughts (we called them intrusive thoughtforms) running around in the old wonderland, and every now and then we see intrusive thought creatures pop up every now and then. It's definitely not as hostile as it used to be. We never saw intrusive thought spawn as weirdly as the tree wonderland space... (I tried looking for where we talked about 'the bubble' and our wonderland tree, but I couldn't find it)
  • Removing things: Wait, really? We're lucky if we can remember what objects we did create
On 12/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, WondrousFairy said:

We use a simplistic rights system where each tulpa gains access to most of the worlds initially. However, depending on needs or issues, this can be adjusted. For instance, initially Jane, who wasn't really the friendliest of people only had access to our main world's castle and her own world City 08 because I was concerned she'd try and do a lot of destructive things. Mirror was temporarily stripped of all rights to bring items to and from other worlds when she moved to our Sherwood Forest macrocosm, this was put into a place as I was certain that otherwise she'd try and abuse the system by cheating. 

Mech has his own world that he was set to run a grand social experiment on as a sort of simulation, he's the only one that has access to that particular macrocosm, not even our omnipresent AI Sarah can index that, so we have no idea what's in there. Funny thing though, when Covid hit, he felt that his initial premise was so thoroughly proven that he felt he no longer needed to conduct the experiment. The macrocosm still exists, but.. I don't even know if time moves in there or not since I can't verify it for myself.

Most things exist for tulpas, pain, death, etc happens, but disease is something we removed mostly because it'd be a mere annoyance considering we have an infirmary where we can instantly heal most injuries. (And believe me, that place has come in handy a lot of times when Jane has returned from City 08, bleeding profusely from half her torso missing) 

The main castle Odylfius that we have basically runs itself, if left undisturbed, rooms soon enough clean themselves and items reset inside of them. It was either that or hiring a staff of servants and nobody wants those people running around at all times. The rest of the worlds operate basically according to their own principles, but most have the normal rules that govern base reality (ie, the real world). 

Upon death of a tulpa, I get a notification and the tulpa in question will respawn in the default spawn point which is located on the patio of Castle Odylfius. To date, all tulpas have more or less agreed to respawn, however Jane is the only one that has the special rule that I will ask her if she wants to live again before reincarnating her. Because as she said it once "Maybe someday, I'll get fed up with this bullshit and say to hell with it."

We only have one major rule in our inner world which is: Don't fuck with the worlds. What this means is that we maintain the masquerade of our true origins and we do our best not to destabilize the worlds. (And.. in the odd times it's happened, guess who gets to do fucking cleanup duty? -> This guy.)

• Access: Anybody can edit anything unless it's a personal wonderland, then you need permission.
  • Death: We do have rules about death but none of them are related to the wonderland itself. We entertained the idea we could possibly lose access to a wonderland if we 'die' in that wonderland, but you can't actually die from 'dying' in wonderland. We never thought about respawning from death.
  • Stable wonderlands: Our wonderland isn't stable at all, it's barely a wonderland even. The old wonderland We try to make something more stable in other attempts.
23 hours ago, Adagio said:

I'm fully aware that ours will function a lot differently than nearly everyone else's here. Ours functions a lot like the outer world. Since our system is so big, 99% of those with innerworld access don't front, so they live a full life out of the innerworld. Those without innerworld access are usually unconscious when not fronting, which is why they don't have innerworld access. Unfortunately, we can't just "give" them innerworld access, or at least we've never figured out how to. It has to do with the layering and groupings in our system.

Our innerworld designer is the person with the most power over our innerworld, and is in charge of keeping it stable and functioning for the many headmates using it. They did name their own role for themself. They're a little weird and hard to track down, but they can change "settings" for different headmates with innerworld access, so then they have the permissions to do more/different things. I'll note that our gatekeeper(s) can affect the innerworld in the same way the innerworld designer can, but he doesn't.

Things like dying or getting badly injured don't happen, mostly because people regularly get pushed off of floating islands in our innerworld. Very minor injuries can happen, and pain isn't really a thing- small cuts will sting somewhat, but falling face-first into concrete after jumping off a building won't hurt at all. Some headmates have a kind of funny Minecraft-like death screen for when they die (it's not really dying by our standards heh), and they respawn in the last place they slept.

Travel is weird. Depending on your role in the system, you might be able to teleport or "fast travel" around. Our protectors, caretakers, innerworld designer, innerworld managers, and gatekeepers can basically teleport around. Otherwise, everyone else walks or rides bikes or scooters. There are teleporters connecting the main areas in the innerworld. We also have very speedy scooters in our innerworld, but no cars because a lot of our headmates are afraid of cars and other large, fast vehicles.

The temperature doesn't get very hot or cold. Some headmates have the permissions to be able to adjust their individual temperature. It doesn't rain often, but when it does it's usually light rain that's not super cold. It also snows a lot! Our littles love the snow, but it only snows in some areas because other headmates don't like the snow.

Usually we have normal physics. It really depends on how our innerworld designer is feeling. So some days, there is no gravity. It once rained backwards. Sleep, food, water, and going to the bathroom aren't technically necessities, but nearly everyone does those anyways. They do kind of matter, but it's like a setting you can turn off for yourself when it gets inconvenient.

We have timezones in our innerworld. Some areas have shorter day/night cycles, some have the same length as an outer world day but with a different time, and the main city is synced with the outer world. I'm not sure how it works when we go on a trip to another timezone in the outer world.

We have a currency in our innerworld. Everyone gets an inconsistent allowance that's supposed to be every day but it doesn't always work like that. Everyone has an inventory place (think of an inventory in Minecraft) that includes a piggy bank to put their money in. Money isn't super important, but it has its uses. Working a job does get you money.

There's not really any set innerworld rules except a few inside joke ones. No one is able to mess with our innerworld because of the power dynamic things.

• On fronters/host not accessing the wonderland: This is something I saw pop up time and time again as a rule for inner worlds, but I never heard of fronters in general having fuzzy or no access to the inner world rather than just the host. We do not have restricted access on our wonderlands and we didn't get the chance to try it for the cube.
  • Timezones: it never came to mind.
  • Currency: I did make up tulpa bucks (or tulpa bux) as a joke, but sadly it never became our wonderland currency. While RPing Gray proposed there was a currency, but I think it was made up strictly for RP purposes and was never actually used in-system.

Other wonderland rules:

• We have a 'magic' flexible and stuff when necessary clear plastic-like material that can't be broken by intrusive thoughts. We frequently put our Sub. Rep. in a hamster ball if he's unstable, Gray wore a suit made of the material when he wasn't feeling stable himself once, and we have contained or lined rooms or areas with the material if we are having trouble containing an intrusive thought. The worst thing that the intrusive thoughts can do is 'crack' the material, but it's self-healing and the intrusive thoughts can't break though. You cannot pass though this material and you can't run out of air when contained in this material... somehow. It comes in handy a lot.
  • Gray thought of this idea there's a special 'language' the Sub. Rep. can speak that's like a computer language but for the wonderland. It's usually symbolized by colored speech bubbles with nonsense characters and machine noises/chatter (that of course glitches out if there are intrusive thoughts). At one point, some of the old "Ranger clones" strictly spoke like this and overtime more and more clones could speak English as they had more expose to Gray and the others. For the most part, this is scrapped wonderland lore, our Sub. Rep. hasn't used this is a very long time (the last memory that comes to our mind is around the time we figured out our Sub. Rep. was a tulpa)
  • A lot of symbolism is surprisingly consistent. Black ink thought water (a symbol for anxiety) is so consistent, we found an old log that described behavior that was consistent with how it is understood now. Once a concept for something is solidified, it seems to preserve its meaning, even if the symbol isn't completely understood.
  • Forms can reflect emotion and or state of being. If a form looks tired, beat up, etc., it can reveal how someone is feeling. A similar idea also applies to our symbol servitors. Servitors that look beat up or damaged can indicate strain, a need for self-care, or apparently not giving the symbol enough space (two of our symbol servitors broke because they were too small. Once went from being remote control sized to being roughly desk sized while the other went from desk sized to now an entire wonderland area.)
  • If we are really struggling with our anxiety, sometimes our wonderland gets "corrupted". In this state, trying to visualize anything will lead to a swarm of intrusive thoughts, the wonderland looks destroyed, has nasty visuals, or is glitching out. Gray usually keeps away our other headmates since a 'corrupted' wonderland can make us more likely to act out, but as our headmates aged this became less and less of a concern. Usually this goes away once the anxiety is resolved. It's not super common and it probably only happens once every 5 months or so.
  • We try to 'respect' the symbolism. If a symbol for a door emerges, we assume it behaves like a door. For our switching front symbolism, we keep headmates who don't have our consent to switch out of there. If we have a symbol servitor, we don't want to do anything like kick the machine or try to break it, we assume that there will be consequences for doing something like that and it's not okay to do something like that (like some kind of weird self-harm). This kind of thinking has been criticized by others because it's giving too much power/authority to intrusive thoughts, please don't pick up this rule if you think it's a bad idea for you.

Suburbia functionally wasn't different from the old wonderland except

• It embraced the weird physics of the old wonderland. The wonderland itself would morph and bend to move locations closer together as opposed to you just "appear" at the location you want to go to. That was the idea, but I don't think I used Suburbia enough for it to actually happen.

Fernardo's park actually at least one rule that maybe doesn't match the old wonderland:

• Objects that are left there should hopefully still be there. I remember when we were experimenting with a hand held chalk board toy, we left the toy on one of the park benches. I think this worked out at least once, we found the toy left on the bench. The toy itself seems to produce inconsistent results. I don't think there's anything you can pick up- actually, I guess coffee cups and chairs count, I don't think those were given the same amount of thought...

Some of the rules we were trying to flesh out in the 'parallel' wonderland:

• How gravity works, and unfortunately, the thing we couldn't figure out. The wonderland was a cube, and the hope was as we got better at parallel processing, we could add more pieces of wonderland without having to disrupt the wonderland that was already created. The idea of having gravity that functioned more like Super Mario Galaxy was appealing, and Blue wanted the ability to run in a circle if he really wanted too. We were struggling to figure out how the gravity worked in the corners, there was worry creating curved walls could eat up a lot of space, and ultimately we decided to give up on it and drop the project. However, this wasn't the only reason why we dropped the project
  • Wonderland objects cannot be spontaneously created nor destroyed and must retain their state. Trying to go off of Asmask's wonderland to try and recreate what he was doing, we wanted to create a wonderland that had this rule. That meant if there was a slinky toy in that wonderland, the slinky toy has to stay in that wonderland. If it breaks, there's just a broken toy on the floor. I don't know how we would go about creating and destroying objects, but given the extra information and care, we wanted to keep the object count on the low end. The fear was the wonderland would be really boring with nothing to do, and this was the other big reason why we abandoned the project. Wonderland objects must be where they were left. The room doesn't reset, if something was moved it has to stay in that new position. This was an intimidating feature as well given our memory isn't that good and another reason for wanting to keep the object count low.
  • You can't just enter the parallel cube room. There was a lot of symbolism suggesting you had to 'power' the room on, you had to enter the room via a special doorway, and you couldn't slip into the parallel room easily. This was desired because Gray wanted to make sure there was an option to 'turn off' parallel processing if it actually did work and his ability to focus becomes trashed as a result of it. We didn't have any requirements for how to pass though different 'cubes' though, there's just the one barrier
  • You can't fly or do anything magical that doesn't have an explanation to back up why it could happen. There had to be an explanation for how something works, even if that something is troll science or sci-fi science. Before coming up with the idea of SMG gravity we heavily considered having a special sci-fi elevator that would lift you up to the floor above... somehow. It was hard to come up with a design where you could go upstairs without clipping though something.

Some rules we figured out or are trying to figure out in the new experimental wonderland (yup, we don't know them all yet!)

• There's a portal to this wonderland. While you don't have to 'power it on', you can't just go there without respecting the symbolism.
  • I don't think time passes on its own in this wonderland, mostly because we haven't been in awhile and we don't want to find our only NPC dead for being abandoned for so long.
  • NPCs can't see our Sub. Rep. I guess. Probably as a reference to our Sub. Rep. being thought to be the one who designed and controlled dreams.
  • Trying to not summon wonderland objects breaks this wonderland. This wonderland had a lot of "glitches" and "space-time tears" everywhere because Gray and I were trying to not break the "don't summon objects that don't exist" rule. Once we relaxed on this, the wonderland stabilized, which was the exact opposite of what we expected.
  • We're assuming the wonderland itself doesn't change, and what was left there stays there.
  • It's not clear if Jestro (the NPC) has the ability to create wonderland objects himself or not, I'm not sure if there's a rule on us being special because we're not NPCs or something like that.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

• 5 weeks later...

Our wonderland is fairly straightforward I suppose, compared to some here.

• The weather and time of day mirrors the real world, but if I choose I can change the weather (i.e. making it snow so my girls can go play in it)
  • There is dying and respawning, and we have fall damage though it's possible to fall from higher up without hurting yourself than IRL. Also there are no diseases
  • We have magic, including creation magic, which can be used to build or delete things
  • My girls just sort of have everything they need and nothing they don't when it comes to amenities. Plenty of food and water readily available, even if they don't technically need to eat or sleep
  • The house sort of just wirelessly powers devices and heats/cools itself as needed

"Science isn't about why, science is about why not?" -Cave Johnson

Tulpae: Luna, Elise, Naomi

My progress report