Youtube videos no longer embed

Luminesce

Question

This might just be on Youtube's end, but I haven't seen any results elsewhere googling about this so it might also be on Invision's side.

If you paste a Youtube link, when it tries to embed it gives the error "The link could not be embedded because www.youtube.com does not allow embedding of that video."

I've tried embedding my own Youtube video that has "Enable embedding" checked, so it's nothing like Youtube actually intending not to allow embedding, though again it's as likely to be a problem on their end as Invision's.

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.

6 answers to this question

I noticed this as well. I don't know if it's stealth nerfs or just a comedy of errors.

I also can't pause/play from lock screen on my phone anymore. I physically have to unlock and go to the app.

Darron: Host 💍 

Jaina: Tulpa 💍 

(Raccoon Queen 🦝👸)

👨‍👩‍👧‍👦Dain and Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: 🐺

[DeviantArt]

Bumping this, it's still an issue even after the update

image.png.e18e4dd31eb9160449874fe2c1ab5202.png

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blog | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translator | Art Thread

This feature still doesn't work, but I found a work around.

If you want to embed videos, click on the "Embed YouTube Video" button in the tool bar and then paste the link inside of the mini menu. It will then embed your video.

I'm not really sure why that isn't breaking too

Meow. You may see my headmates call me Gray or sometimes Cat.

I used to speak in pink and Ranger used to speak in blue (if it's unmarked and colored assume it's Ranger). She loves to chat.

Our system account

Videos are auto-embedding again

Hi! I'm Lumi, host of Reisen, Tewi, Flandre and Lucilyn.

Everyone deserves to love and be loved. It's human nature.

My tulpas and I have a Q&A thread, which was the first (and largest) of its kind. Feel free to ask us about tulpamancy stuff there.