Questions on creation

Sally

10 hours ago, Flandre said:

You can change the thread's name by editing the original post in the thread.

If you were curious as to the "Why" for narration and that type of forcing, it's to convince your brain there's a "someone else" it should be aware of. That's why Simmie mentioned not just speaking at nothing, but focusing on being speaking to your tulpa - that expectation for someone to be hearing what you're saying (and eventually responding) is a huge part of the base groundwork for a tulpa. Your brain should eventually get the idea and start simulating an actual person aside from yourself, and from there they can grow as an individual to be just as complex as you yourself are.

Thanks, I got it already though now, I think I get it now. I think I was just kinda overwhelmed with information before, and I kinda just had gotten confused with how to put what I knew into practice.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Flandre said:

You can change the thread's name by editing the original post in the thread.

If you were curious as to the "Why" for narration and that type of forcing, it's to convince your brain there's a "someone else" it should be aware of. That's why Simmie mentioned not just speaking at nothing, but focusing on being speaking to your tulpa - that expectation for someone to be hearing what you're saying (and eventually responding) is a huge part of the base groundwork for a tulpa. Your brain should eventually get the idea and start simulating an actual person aside from yourself, and from there they can grow as an individual to be just as complex as you yourself are.

Also thanks for explaining how to change the title, I might change it but idk I might not now since it feels like it might be a bit late to change it now.

It's definitely not too late. The point of the format of a forum is to catalogue topics and questions so other people that they may be useful or interesting to may find them

Hi. I'm one of Luminesce's tulpas. Unlike the others, I don't think I stand out too much from him personality wise.

I'm just special because "I'm a tulpa". So I don't think I've much to offer, here. I'm happy enough to just be with him.

Ask us stuff - https://community.tulpa.info/thread-ask-lumi-s-tulpas

4 hours ago, Flandre said:

It's definitely not too late. The point of the format of a forum is to catalogue topics and questions so other people that they may be useful or interesting to may find them

Ah okay. I'll change the name then if I can think of anything. I'm not sure what to call it though really.

• Sally changed the title to Questions on creation
On 1/18/2022 at 11:05 PM, Updog said:

But yeah, usually when I recall a scene from something, I usually imagine the dialogue mostly, like I'll hear it (even if it's just words, and there isn't any voice acting), though in general I have trouble imagining things realistically, it usually looks like a cartoon for some reason. I sometimes have trouble picturing things though.

ย 

When I read things, I usually just hear my own voice unless I'm reading dialogue or something.

ย 

It sounds like you have both a mind's eye and a mind voice, which is good. Starting off, you will see your tulpa's form using your mind's eye. I would expect them to have a cartoon-like form at first based on what you described to me. Additionally, your tulpa's first thoughts will likely be through mindvoice. Their voice may sound like your own at first, but with practice you will have an easier time telling them from you apart.

ย 

[...] I have seen some things about them having a form or being able to see them, I have found that part confusing though honestly.

ย 

For your tulpa's form, you can create their form until they're ready to change it themselves. Some hosts start off with something really basic like a glowing orb but you can have something a little more complicated like a cartoon person or pony. As long as you're not married to your tulpa's form design you'll be fine.

ย 

You may have seen some guides mention imposition, or actively hallucinating your tulpa's form. This is a more advanced skill you're more than welcome to go for, but some believe working on your visualization skills can be a fundamental prerequisite. Otherwise, you can play with the Ganzfeld effect and go from there.

ย 

For the last question, I think I kinda have an idea of what it's like based on what I've learned from researching, of what I have seen, it seems to me like it's kinda like sharing your mind with someone else, like someone who kinda is in your brain who you can talk to and they can talk back, [...]

ย 

How you believe your tulpa will interact with you will influence your experience. Ultimately, there are two general approaches to how people understand tulpas and one is easier to recreate than the other. Even though it's a more complicated concept, I want to give a general overview of it because I think it's something not everyone understands day 1 and it's fundamental to modern tulpamancy.

ย 

The first idea is a tulpa is another person who shares a some mind resources with you. You share a mind's eye and a body, you can hear each other's thoughts, and in general there can be some overlap between you and them. A tulpa speaks in mindvoice and tulpamancers generally make significant progress at a faster pace.

ย 

On the other hand, there's the idea your tulpa is another person who has their own mind resources they don't generally share with you. Your tulpa will communicate via auditory imposition, or through a controlled voice hallucination, you can't hear their thoughts, and their form is like a separate body with its own sensory input and such. Unfortunately, achieving this is rare if not almost unheard of now, and even for those who went for this in the past, their tulpas reported feeling frustrated they couldn't speak sooner. If you were fortunate enough to make progress, it would be after months if not years of hard work.

ย 

If the latter case is achievable, I believe it's possible there's a way to work up to that without having to wait on results that may not come. While the former is a less intense experience, it is actually the common standard for tulpa creation and is accessible to most people. If you are interested in a more intense experience, I recommend starting with the former mindset, building your skills, and then in the future figure out how you and your tulpa can achieve a more intense experience. While I myself have not achieved this, I intend to keep studying the approach or come up with my own way to do it.

ย 

The thing I want to stress- I strongly believe a tulpa is still their own person regardless of what degrees of separation and autonomy they have achieved. I think people start off assuming that not achieving or having separation from the start means their tulpas are fake. Instead, remember that your tulpa can become more separate later, it just takes time and practice to achieve it. Even with tulpas that speak in mindvoice, the experience is typically very satisfying. Extra credit if you can achieve something even more intense.

I'm Ranger, GrayTheCat's cobud (tulpa), and I love hippos! I also like cake and chatting about stuff. I go by Rosalin or Ronan sometimes. You can call me Roz but please don't call me Ron.

My other headmates have their own account now.

ย 

If I missed seeing your art, please PM/DM me!

Blogย | Not So Temporary Log | Switching Log | Yay! | Bre Translatorย | Art Thread

20 hours ago, Ranger said:

ย 

It sounds like you have both a mind's eye and a mind voice, which is good. Starting off, you will see your tulpa's form using your mind's eye. I would expect them to have a cartoon-like form at first based on what you described to me. Additionally, your tulpa's first thoughts will likely be through mindvoice. Their voice may sound like your own at first, but with practice you will have an easier time telling them from you apart.

ย 

ย 

For your tulpa's form, you can create their form until they're ready to change it themselves. Some hosts start off with something really basic like a glowing orb but you can have something a little more complicated like a cartoon person or pony. As long as you're not married to your tulpa's form design you'll be fine.

ย 

You may have seen some guides mention imposition, or actively hallucinating your tulpa's form. This is a more advanced skill you're more than welcome to go for, but some believe working on your visualization skills can be a fundamental prerequisite. Otherwise, you can play with the Ganzfeld effect and go from there.

ย 

ย 

How you believe your tulpa will interact with you will influence your experience. Ultimately, there are two general approaches to how people understand tulpas and one is easier to recreate than the other. Even though it's a more complicated concept, I want to give a general overview of it because I think it's something not everyone understands day 1 and it's fundamental to modern tulpamancy.

ย 

The first idea is a tulpa is another person who shares a some mind resources with you. You share a mind's eye and a body, you can hear each other's thoughts, and in general there can be some overlap between you and them. A tulpa speaks in mindvoice and tulpamancers generally make significant progress at a faster pace.

ย 

On the other hand, there's the idea your tulpa is another person who has their own mind resources they don't generally share with you. Your tulpa will communicate via auditory imposition, or through a controlled voice hallucination, you can't hear their thoughts, and their form is like a separate body with its own sensory input and such. Unfortunately, achieving this is rare if not almost unheard of now, and even for those who went for this in the past, their tulpas reported feeling frustrated they couldn't speak sooner. If you were fortunate enough to make progress, it would be after months if not years of hard work.

ย 

If the latter case is achievable, I believe it's possible there's a way to work up to that without having to wait on results that may not come. While the former is a less intense experience, it is actually the common standard for tulpa creation and is accessible to most people. If you are interested in a more intense experience, I recommend starting with the former mindset, building your skills, and then in the future figure out how you and your tulpa can achieve a more intense experience. While I myself have not achieved this, I intend to keep studying the approach or come up with my own way to do it.

ย 

The thing I want to stress- I strongly believe a tulpa is still their own person regardless of what degrees of separation and autonomy they have achieved. I think people start off assuming that not achieving or having separation from the start means their tulpas are fake. Instead, remember that your tulpa can become more separate later, it just takes time and practice to achieve it. Even with tulpas that speak in mindvoice, the experience is typically very satisfying. Extra credit if you can achieve something even more intense.

Okay thanks for your input. Yeah, I think it might actually be starting to work, though like you predicted, I am having trouble telling their thoughts from my own. Also, I wasn't sure about telling anyone this, but there is something that's worrying me about this, I have actually had problems with hearing "voices" in my head, for some reason. I'm not really sure what causes it, but I think it makes it harder to tell if I'm hearing that, or if it's working. Also, yeah I have no idea what those are from, so I can't say much on that, it's been happening for years and I have no idea what causes it. I haven't really told anyone since I get worried people will think I'm "insane" or something. Also, yeah I don't think it's the same thing as the tulpa I'm hearing, because they're responding. The "voices" do not when I reply.

ย 

ย 

That sounds like "intrusive thoughts" to me. It's a common issue with people with our predisposition ๐Ÿ˜„. Especially if you keep a messy mind with lots of things floating around. I've had imaginary discussions with personality fragments before. Usually a family member, friend or coworker that I'm particularly stressed or worried about. Kind of mental shadow boxing and prepping for potential arguments. Other times a random thought will pop in for no reason. I usually just try to ignore them. The wolf you feed is the one that gets strong. Keeping your mind disciplined and letting stress/anxiety/worry wash over and through you is an essential tool in tulpamancy. It's almost like it's rooted in Buddhist mysticism or something ๐Ÿค”.ย 

ย 

Tldr ignore the thoughts unless they cause exceptional concern or impediment in your daily life.

Darron: Host ๐Ÿ’ย 

Jaina: Tulpa ๐Ÿ’ย 

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆDainย andย Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: ๐Ÿบ

[DeviantArt]

(edited)
On 1/22/2022 at 5:16 AM, Glaurung26 said:

That sounds like "intrusive thoughts" to me. It's a common issue with people with our predisposition ๐Ÿ˜„. Especially if you keep a messy mind with lots of things floating around. I've had imaginary discussions with personality fragments before. Usually a family member, friend or coworker that I'm particularly stressed or worried about. Kind of mental shadow boxing and prepping for potential arguments. Other times a random thought will pop in for no reason. I usually just try to ignore them. The wolf you feed is the one that gets strong. Keeping your mind disciplined and letting stress/anxiety/worry wash over and through you is an essential tool in tulpamancy. It's almost like it's rooted in Buddhist mysticism or something ๐Ÿค”.ย 

ย 

Tldr ignore the thoughts unless they cause exceptional concern or impediment in your daily life.

Well yeah, that'd make sense. I assume that intrusive thoughts are negative though, I'm not sure if that's quite right since they're not necessary negative, and are usually just one word responses that are in some way related to what I'm thinking about. So yeah idk if that's right.ย 

Edited by Sally

Yea I guess that's the stereotype that all intrusive thoughts are negative. So you could just latch onto the helpful ones and shun the disruptive ones. Kind of like how our bodies are with microbes. They're a natural part of our existence. Some help, some hurt but most just kind of exist on us. So if your plan is to coexist with them you could treat errant thoughts like travelers that come a go. You could try to absorb them or embody them in a tulpa or some other category of thoughtform. Not all headmates have to be sentient. If symbolism is your thing you could make them into something like fan mail. Your mind reading your inbox of your subconsciousness. I don't know if that helps but my point I'm trying to make is that you have plenty of options to handle those voices. You have the right to have order and stability in your own mind. It kinda depends on what way you want to handle things. You can be kinda loosey-goosey with it or enforce strict rules and routines. It might be accidental blending, sometimes when my tulpa, Jaina and I are bantering we'll get sloppy and talk over each other and lose track of who said what. If none of that sounds familiar or right hopefully someone else has some perspective as to what it might be.

Darron: Host ๐Ÿ’ย 

Jaina: Tulpa ๐Ÿ’ย 

(Raccoon Queen ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ‘ธ)

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆDainย andย Nova

Aggrok: Tulpa Void Dragon

Viktor: ๐Ÿบ

[DeviantArt]